Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Wooh, the dresden dolls are playing in May, in Edinburgh and perhaps even Belfast. I'm so there!

Edit: they're playing Dublin..even better!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Pet wrote:
    I'm so there!

Me too! Dublin I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

It's the WEEKEND! Happy, happy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

had a great night at the therapy ball, only problem 300 girls in cocktail dresses and like 10 men, pretty much all the fellas scored too. you've gotta love Abba's dancing queen...dee...dee..dee du du du daa da..everyone got up for it...and all the free wine and beer at the start..the burlington's guinness is only alright though :(!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

snorlax wrote:
    had a great night at the therapy ball, only problem 300 girls in cocktail dresses and like 10 men,
    I know what I have to bum a ticket too next year ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

snorlax wrote:
    had a great night at the therapy ball, only problem 300 girls in cocktail dresses and like 10 men, pretty much all the fellas scored too. you've gotta love Abba's dancing queen...dee...dee..dee du du du daa da..everyone got up for it...and all the free wine and beer at the start..the burlington's guinness is only alright though :(!

Girl I work with was at the therapy ball...

she could barely stand....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Eddie Rockets Chocolate Malt - yum. Especially yum when imbibed in celebration at the lecturer not showing for a two hour double lecture - woo hoo! yeah, i know the lecture will probably be rescheduled, and it's educational and stuff, but today i just wasn't in the mood

The come down from the chocolate high is creeping up on me, but it was good while it lasted.

cuckoo wrote:
    Eddie Rockets Chocolate Malt - yum. Especially yum when imbibed in celebration at the lecturer not showing for a two hour double lecture - woo hoo! yeah, i know the lecture will probably be rescheduled, and it's educational and stuff, but today i just wasn't in the mood

The come down from the chocolate high is creeping up on me, but it was good while it lasted.

I was wondering what I'd have for dinner tomorrow (I emptied the fridge tonight). 2 for 1 burgers from Eddie's it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Had an excellent badminton match this evening, won my two matches (although we did lose 3-5 over all...), hell yeah.

I bought Akira.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

i'll be over at the weekend to watch it then :p

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i get paid!

i got my placement today and i haven't been shipped down the country and it's my first psychiatric placement! should be really interesting :)!

also fencers from around europe are all converging on tcd for the male Epee competition tomorrow and im helping out.!:)

I get to go into college to do work at the weekend!

Wait, wrong thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

snorlax wrote:
    fencers from around europe are all converging on tcd for the male Epee competition tomorrow and im helping out.!:)
    You might see this guy:

00340486_lg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

image hosted by tripod eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Woohoo! Fuair mé fáinne óir! Ní creidim é.

EduMyth wrote:
    I bought Akira.

Watched it today. Ah, it was great seeing it again. DVD has both the original and a digitally remastered version - I watched the updated version, and await the original version with glee.

My office also became Akira'd over the last few days, through the purchase of the poster.

\o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Rented out the BBC series "Archangel" based on the book by Robert Harris.

And it was fcuking excellent. Having seen Daniel Craig in that, I have no worries about James Bond anymore; the role is in good hands.

only 6 weeks in college this year and 6 more weeks in 4th year before im qualified (and about 28weeks of placement).

it's a lovely bright sunny day.

• Advertisement

I'm in the office listening to Hardcore Vibes by Dune. Old old old song. Kinda weirded out by it at the moment. One of those "oh my god" moments.

Quality track, though positive energy is much better

I was always a "Million miles from home" fan myself.

EduMyth wrote:
    I'm in the office listening to Hardcore Vibes by Dune.

Quality track, though positive energy is much better

EduMyth wrote:
    I was always a "Million miles from home" fan myself.
    I dunno how it worked that ur reply appears before the thing you are replying to..huh..

Anyway i suppose there is the great classic of I can't stop raving :)

you ever listened to any of their albums?

(listening to rainbow in the stars off their greatest hits album atm)

Bought one years ago, I can't remember it though. Had "I can't stop raving", "Hardcore Vibes" and the other one I mentioned up above.

I've a fair few Dune songs on my comp at home though. I've a few Scooter ones on the comp here, only one I listen to is "Endless Summer" (I don't have any of the other old ones).

never was much of a sooter fan , i dunno his accent/voice just pisses me off ;)

2 Unlimited - No Limits , haha this vid is so so so bad ;)

image hosted by tripod eh?
    Son of a bitch. I thought that was some sort of internet joke until I got onto the gay-assed college computers and saw that tcd-er's weren't capable of viewing the glorious shot and get the tripod thing instead. damnit.

its anyone except your local computer where you found the image... its to stop ye linking direct to images on tripod

I went to see Bauhaus last night. It was ****ing deadly.

• Advertisement

its anyone except your local computer where you found the image... its to stop ye linking direct to images on tripod
    damnit. I'll be wipin' that then.

Advertisement