Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

something like image shack will let ye host the image to some reasonable degree............

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

the online loan library thing has finnally started working for me there seems to be a big muck up this year with the student cards, i tried to use 04 at the end as oppossed to 03 (3rd year) and it finnally worked :)woo-ho i cna renew books.
    on the downside the article i wanted from stacks, it took them 3 days to tell me it was off the shelf so today i submitted a query form. i might be stuck going to UCD or DCU and paying 12eur for an inter library loan if i can't get it, or emailing the author.

em isn't it yer card number or something? look at the barcode on yer card n see what it says...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

There's snowdrops at the crossroads at the Physics building end of the rugby/cricket highway.

Seeing them cheered me up this morning on my way into my 10am lab. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Woohoo, I have only 2 9ams this week, thanks to "project week" in geography. BUT I do have looooooads of assignments to do..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Yay!

I get to do an essay on either the flat tax or the minimum wage for Schols! Yay! And it counts as one of my six subjects! And if I prepare well, it's 25% of the firsts I need! Wooohooo! I love my course :). I actually get to rant on about ignorant rich people and ignorant poor people in the same essay! *dances*.

This brings me back to Leaving Cert History when I got to write an essay on the July Plot.

Yay!

no its actually different to that and that's why it would never work for me. the system has me up with 04 at the end and on my old card it has 03 at the end (as im in third year). i got a new card today and it says 06 at the end just to confuse matters further!

the number at the end isn't the year number that your in, its your card number...if you lose a card or get a new one it gets incremented... unrelated to your year number other than obviously they both start on 1 when u start college :) ... So the numbers probally get a bit ****ed if you lose your card during a year or something...

Yep, I'm currently on card number 8, so its 0249XXXX 8 J1.

i wonder why the library online loan system thinks im a four...would love to know if it's happened to anyone else..could be disasterous when you need to renew a book for longer the week around exam time.
    it's funny because apart from that my old card worked for some of the zappy machines but didnt work for others..notably the big black gates..could never get my old card to work there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Yep, when I had to replace my chipped-by-using-it-to-cut-cardboard student card, the number went from 045xxxxx02 to 045xxxxx03, which caused much confusion with the online renewals and such.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Hahaha. Someone in TFM is using the computer to play tunes. The funny part is that they're logged into messenger and it just bleeped at them, and the bleep noise got broadcast. It just happened again as I write this. I'm going to head up there now and see who it was.:D :D:D

I'm-a listening to Rez Cowgirl. Haven't heard this in ages, 'tis great.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

I'm grooving to Roesy's version of Breath.

It's cheering me up from the fact that I'm sad to be leaving work.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

you quiting the xtra-vision?

I Just relised that it would have been SO SO much cooler to ask

" you quiting the vision"....

there go's all my cool points....

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

there go's all my cool points....

you cant get rid of whats not there

Felt like splurging today: Bought a portable DVD player (used an expired 100e voucher for Dixons, the thing cost me e25 out of my own pocket) and 3 DVDs from HMV for e30 (Jaws - double disc box set, Naked Gun & Dodgeball).

Oh, and \o/

EduMyth wrote:
    3 DVDs from HMV for e30 (Jaws - double disc box set, Naked Gun & Dodgeball).

I got the special edition Top Gun dvd in hmv last week - and it's BRILLIANT! A 'making of' documentary, commentaries, interviews and music videos. The interviews are particularly good, they're much better than the usual dvd extras. They even explain the physics behind why Dr Greene ended up on the big aircraft carrier in the sky.

yay i don't have to get up tomorrow! and i got loads of study done, im going to double my efforts to try and do really well this term.

i also got a firefox extension that tells me the weather, it's deadly, it's so small and compact, it's currently :7degrees celcius, SE wind 3mph, light fog over Dublin, and i can see a wee satillite picture of ireland!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

steelers take the super bowl!!! go on The Bus!!

A box of jaffa cakes for €1.49, with 100% extra free.

Oh yes. I love Mondays (or at least this Monday).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

EduMyth wrote:
    A box of jaffa cakes for €1.49, with 100% extra free.

Oh yes. I love Mondays (or at least this Monday).
    Good idea.
    /me starts counting his change.

dude, i doubt you have 1.49 to your name

Woo hoo - i've cooked a big pile of yummy lentil mush, with some tomatoes and lots of spices. It was supposed to be dhal, but i used the recipe more as a starting point than a road map.

Yum. Tumeric rocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I'm not sure if this is a rant or a moan - i gave my ciggies to ronnie before leaving the pav - when he went to leave i scabbed one back - its currently in my hand, and has been for the past hour or so - trying to decide whether to smoke it or rip it up - its a near impossible choice to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Rip it up

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I smoked it in the end. it was in my hands for 3 hours before i finally decided. i realised theres nothing influencing me to smoke (dont anyone bring up health issues) and that i'm kinda feeling in a rut at the mo so nows not the best time to quit.

Really want a proper reason to smoke - kinda think i need some incentive in my life. college is generally not got me the happiest at the mo.

...maybe this should be moved to the other thread :p

i heard knitting is good for quiting, maybe you could knit socks for us?!;)

an essay i got back last week was marked wrong by over 5%(discovered today, i was in the 30% of the class this happened to) so that brings up my grade, im delighted as i was so disappointed intially with the grade even though it was average enough. also in other news my psychiatric placement got cancelled, on the plus side i get to pick what area i want to work in :

eg neurology (head injuries/ CVAs etc)
    hand injuiries
    Accident and Emergency

on the downside ill have to get up at 6.45am every day to get in on time as it's miles away from where i live, and i ll only be able to go to fencing once or twice a week and write a thesis in the evening (9-5 pm are my working hours).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

i'm kinda feeling in a rut at the mo so nows not the best time to quit.
    That's pathetic... Please don't tell me you believe it? That's purely the addiction attempting to rationalise itself..

Really want a proper reason to smoke
    What does that mean? Why would you want a reason to smoke?
    - kinda think i need some incentive in my life.
    I realise you mean more generally, but on the topic of incentive and giving up smoking: I tried giving up 7 times before my mother offered to pay my insurance on her car if I gave up. Haven't looked back..
    college is generally not got me the happiest at the mo.
    Sorry man. All I can say is you go through peaks and troughs. Just don't dawdle in the troughs...

...maybe this should be moved to the other thread :p
    Was gonna, but then meh

Advertisement