Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Eh, that wouldn't be possible. They're both guys.
    Just to let us be clear on this. I was referring to ilovemybrick and agent smith as guys. There's no possible way i could have confused the lovely cuckoo with the male gender.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

sure....

and there's a space inbetween agent and smith

and there's a space inbetween agent and smith
    there is NOW

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

No one cares.

I care....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

i'm happy to confirm, i do not care in the slightest either as to the presence of the space in agentsmith

whatever skylynx

damn it , ye know i was listing my alias's the other day n i forgot that one

heh....

There's nothing like some Ricky Martin to wake you up before midday.

• Advertisement

if(Listen_To->Contains(Ricky Martin))
    --RespectPoints;

tbh.

(yes yes i know i've been too much programming of late)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

EduMyth wrote:
    There's nothing like some Ricky Martin to wake you up before midday.
    sounds like you're enjoying a sticky life sized latin chocolate doll or something along those lines. or part of mr. martin, e.g. his left leg. It'd make a good beating implement if the knee joint were taped up. Did you get beaten by said limb? in that case, there is nothing like it to wake one up at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Today, despite being severely sleep-deprived, I managed to study biology, go home and collect my post, earn €8 for half an hour's work at a memory study, go to and pay attention in my geology lecture, shop for groceries, fix someone's computer, clean my bathroom and tidy my room, and clean the kitchen. All in all, a productive day. And now, I collapse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Don't forget walk to the pharmacy with me so I could get cold medicine. Stupid sudafed. It gets rid of the congestion but doesn't stop ya snifffing every 20 seconds in the library

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

i hurt my knee again in fencing even with my support on, i think i may have muscle stain in my rectus femoris (quads) or else somewhere around my patellar ligament (knee cap)...twas killing me, i could barely walk on it and im fencing in a competition in a week and a half..well the good news is i had a bath and the pain is all but gone, i think i may head to the physio though in the next few days.. funny thing is it isnt swollen at all..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Was out tonight, had a couple of drinks (go the Hist!) and didn't smoke. Didn't even think about having a cigarette. I am now over 5 weeks nicotine free, and those nicorette ads on the tv are a bit overdramatic. Yeah, i do have the urge to knit or eat anything that stands still for long enough around me, but that's fading with time.

Of course, posting this triumphantly may jinx me; but for now - woo hoot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

snorlax wrote:
    i hurt my knee again in fencing even with my support on, i think i may have muscle stain in my rectus femoris (quads) or else somewhere around my patellar ligament (knee cap)...twas killing me, i could barely walk on it and im fencing in a competition in a week and a half..well the good news is i had a bath and the pain is all but gone, i think i may head to the physio though in the next few days.. funny thing is it isnt swollen at all..

ah don't talk to me bout knees; managed to turn abour 120* on mine on the 2nd of nov(my birthday :mad: .. ) and havent been able to walk on it properly since. Now have to go to a surgeon on the 2nd of march!!! yeah!!

so i can sympothise with you!

Call_me_al wrote:
    ah don't talk to me bout knees; managed to turn abour 120* on mine on the 2nd of nov(my birthday :mad: .. ) and havent been able to walk on it properly since. Now have to go to a surgeon on the 2nd of march!!! yeah!!

so i can sympothise with you!
    On the general topic of joints my left shoulder is more ****ed than any of ye'r joints. I actually have no (well at least no attached) anterior ligament.

you win!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Not really a joint problem but the day after my 17th birthday I got appendicitis (from using a dance machine) ... they should really come with health warnings!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

i'm not sure if this is a rant or an anti-rant, but i got a job tonight paying 40 quid for a few hours work.

unfortunately, it involves working door at a country and western night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Slap your heels and say yee-haw!

ApeXaviour wrote:
    On the general topic of joints my left shoulder is more ****ed than any of ye'r joints. I actually have no (well at least no attached) anterior ligament.
    drobson18bbig.jpg
    Apex (can i fill you in, im sure you already know this:)!), the glenohumeral joint is a ball and socket articulation. It offers mobility at the expense of stability. This joint allows this in order to allow for you to place the hand in a desired position to perform a specific task eg functional Acitivity of daily living tasks like brushing your teeth.

Static structures play a primary role in shoulder stability. The static stabilizers are ligaments that represent thickenings of the glenohumeral joint capsule. These ligaments are individually tensioned at various degrees of glenohumeral abduction and rotation.

unfortunetly the likelyhood of recurrence is pretty high without surgery (arthroscopy) or some other technique.

Instability/Recurrence of Shoulder Instability With Age at Dislocation
    Age at Initial Dislocation Instability/Recurrence With Nonoperative Management in General Population
    </- 22 years 62%
    23-29 years 48%
    30-40 years 24%
    Ligament/Structure Function

Glenoid labrum

* deepens glenoid fossa and increases surface area of contact between glenoid and humeral head

* participates in anterior, posterior, and inferior stabilization of the humeral head

Coracohumeral (CHL)

* supports the suspended arm

* restricts external rotation with arm in less than 60° of abduction

Superior glenohumeral

* laterally, it blends with CHL to primarily suspend the arm

Middle glenohumeral

* restricts external rotation with shoulder abducted up to 90°; however, most functional between 0° and 60° of abduction

* supports suspended arm

* prevents anterior humeral head subluxation with arm in extension, external rotation, and less than 45° of abduction

Inferior glenohumeral

* composed of an anterior band, posterior band, and axillary pouch

* primary shoulder stabilizer with arm abducted to 90° and externally rotated

can you fix my knee!!!

snorlax wrote:
    Apex (can i fill you in, im sure you already know this:)!),
    Cheers snor. I did know this back in the day but it seems I've forgotten it all! It dislocated 5 times before I came to college and I went to have surgury on it during first year. Before though I went to james's library a bunch of times and researched EXACTLY what they were gonna do to me. I don't want people cutting me open and fiddling around unless I know precisely what they're gonna do (guess that makes me a control freak but meh).

unfortunetly the likelyhood of recurrence is pretty high without surgery (arthroscopy) or some other technique.

When I got the surgury they went in with the arthroscope initially but decided the damage was too much to deal with effectively via that method, so they cut me right open. 2 Years later I undid ALL the surgury by dislocating it again in Judo, it had been far more stable up to then than before the surgury. Needless to say the doctor ordered me to give up judo.. Now it came out again, much too easily.

I really don't look forward to more surgury... I know it's necessary and I don't mind the actual deed itself (woot morphine!), but the recovery time is ridiculous. It's 6 weeks in a shoulder immobilisation device and then up to 6 months 'til complete recovery..

</woes> ;)

So (if I understand your profession's objective correctly?) any advice for carryin around a heavy bag (that was actually instrumental in the dislocation of shoulder) around college whilst one shoulder is sore/immobilised. My other shoulder seems to get wrecked with the weight and I tend to walk in an offbalance stoop..

well id probably have to assess you in person before properly advising everything, but why don't you quite simply get a locker in college and reduce the load by a half and only carry essentials in for that day?
    you'll probably wind up with one shoulder supper toned compared to the other although i d use a strap with a greater surface area thats well padded for your working shoulder (and again only bring in stuff you actually need), and possibly a strap/s for your waist to distribute the weight better over your whole body.

something like a left handed version of this ( it's hard to get left handed ones as most manufacturers assume everyones right handed but you should get one in a bag shop) it makes use of the lower muscles on the right too to give greater distribution of the weight(namely Latissimus Dorsi) .

showFull.asp?imageID=464

Woo-hoo. Just finished an essay that was due AGES ago.....

*runs off to hand it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Handed in an essay today that's due in a week! Go me! Woohoo! Well, it was more of a report. But wahey nonetheless.

Economics is hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Economics is hard.
    It sure is! Hmmm... maths homework... <drools over keyboard>...

• Advertisement

I'm a-listening to Dustin's version of "Numb". Merci, Doli Incapax.

Advertisement