Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Going to the Santiago Bernabeu stadium next Tuesday to watch Real Madrid take on Arsenal in the 2nd Round of the Champions League...

Can you say, "Fcuk YEAH!!!!":D

Nice little birthday prezzie for ya?

Indeed!

I was so worried about what to do for my 21st, and now I don't need to organise anything! :D Woohoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Yay! I got a text this evening : "you have received a valentines rose from an admirer", it's the ppl that had the stands last week for charity. I don't care if it was a pity rose, my mother or a mix up over phone numbers - i've got a hop and a skip in my step. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

My sister won a gold medal in her piano competition today... blew away the others (the highest they got was 80 something) She got a 92! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

cuckoo wrote:
    Yay! I got a text this evening : "you have received a valentines rose from an admirer", it's the ppl that had the stands last week for charity. I don't care if it was a pity rose, my mother or a mix up over phone numbers - i've got a hop and a skip in my step. :D
    ah shag - tomorrows valentines day isnt it? hah! meh couldnt care really :D

*does yet another "i have my nick back" dance*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

Keep on dancin' Crash!
    Yup, tomorrow's the day. It's funny how many anti-valentines rants my American friends do if they're single. Here it's VERY... single? Valentine's day? ****it, just another day for me, mate!

crash_000 wrote:
    ah shag - tomorrows valentines day isnt it? hah! meh couldnt care really :D

Yup, you don't care 'cos you didn't get a rose....

*goes back to doing the 'i gotta rose' dance*

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

/me hands Susan some weed killer...

here, do us all a Favour...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

/me hands Susan some weed killer...

here, do us all a Favour...
    Seconded. I hate valentines day. Depressing when you're single (more oft the case), annoying when you're not. :mad:

EDIT: seems like the wrong thread for a moan. Ok I'll make it happy: if women get valentine's day then men should get a "Steak & Blojob Day"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Me and the girlfriend don't do Valentine's day. It's a load of stress and hassle for nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Not to mention more wasted paper in the form of wrapping paper, usually found wrapped around stupid meaningless things like teddy bears or boxes of Milk Tray (themselves, like Easter eggs, a load of pointless packaging around a measly bit of chocolate).

But roses are good; biodegradable, aesthetically pleasing and they smell nice too.

I'd be a rosegiving man personally. used give a white rose for anniversaries.

cuckoo wrote:

I did too, though the person who did this for me had to collect it since I legged it back from hustings at 2 for a meeting at 2:30, which then finished at around half 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

i got a rose, a really beautiful one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

I had great fun at a "pizza party" last night (Instructions: Order several large pizzas, wedges, chicken dippers, dips, etc. with people to whom you haven't spoken in a long time; commune at somebody's house; sit on floor eating)!

And my tutorials this morning were really, really fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Yes! My incompetent ****wit of an economics tutor seems to have been fired or dropped out or something, 'cause all his classes have been re-assigned for the rest of the year. Either way, I never again have to sit through one of his stultifyingly dull classes as he makes even the simplest of concepts seem ridiculously complex and then gives us the wrong answers for the homework questions, just in case he wasn't ****ing us up enough already.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Vahagn or Alan?

I like both of them :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

shay_562 wrote:
    he makes even the simplest of concepts seem ridiculously complex
    You didn't stray into a physics lecture perchance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Vahagn or Alan?

I like both of them :(.
    If I had to choose, it would definitely have to be Alan. And he's from Meath!
    meathnewcrest.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

You didn't stray into a physics lecture perchance?

Well, there was a girl with dyed blonde hair and dubes and a guy wearing an Abercrombie and Fitch sweater, so I think it's safe to assume I was still stuck in BESS.
    Vahagn or Alan?

I like both of them .

If that's directed at me, then no, neither - I'm JF, so I don't have them at all. And I'm pretty sure slandering staff of the college by name is against the charter, so I probably shouldn't say who.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

shay_562 wrote:
    And I'm pretty sure slandering staff of the college by name is against the charter, so I probably shouldn't say who.
    whooo someone read the charter!

I know, I know.

It's a goddamned MIRACLE.

In fact, we should probably just shut down the TCD Forum now, cos let's face it it's all just downhill from this point on...

It only took 30,000 posts.

I was on the winning team for the SHAG week table quiz - woo hoo! Lots of fun to be had, especially when we were playing around with rulers and making 'it was this big' gestures. ;)

And, there was a very impressively agile performance on the night from two of our very own tcd boardsies simulating what looked like a tricky position.

cuckoo wrote:
    And, there was a very impressively agile performance on the night from two of our very own tcd boardsies simulating what looked like a tricky position.
    cuckoo, that just... couldn't possibly have been posted at a better time.

Right everyone, with that mental picture fresh in my mind, I'm off to bed...

...don't be alarmed if you hear certain - ahem - sounds emanating from my room...

cuckoo wrote:
    I was on the winning team for the SHAG week table quiz - woo hoo! Lots of fun to be had, especially when we were playing around with rulers and making 'it was this big' gestures. ;)

I really ****ed up my hip doing that :(

crash_000 wrote:
    I really ****ed up my hip doing that :(
    Ya... just...
    couldn't have picked a worse time!:mad: :eek:

Ah well.

Woo-Hoo/anti-moan: I've spent the last 4 hours chatting on boards to one of the nicest ppl I've met online in quite a while. And given the fact that most of my close mates are ppl I've met online that's actually saying someting!
    Look forward to chattin to her again...

• Advertisement

SebtheBum wrote:
    Woo-Hoo/anti-moan: I've spent the last 4 hours chatting on boards to one of the nicest ppl I've met online in quite a while. And given the fact that most of my close mates are ppl I've met online that's actually saying someting!
    Look forward to chattin to her again...

Are you sure 'she' is a she?

Advertisement