Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

cuckoo wrote:
    Hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee....................:D
    I concur.

\o/
    Oasis - Fuckin' in the bushes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

me getting a point against a left handed UCD girl in the sabre in the interversaties!( note my pink shoes)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Something really unexpectedly nice happened today.

I was delivering papers to the Museum Building when Wayne, one of the first year BESS class reps came up and said he had something for me... it was a Barcelona football jersey with Ronaldinho on the back!

I'd almost forgotten but at the very first Council of the year we'd been sitting beside each other and ended up talking about Barca and he mentioned that he had an jersey at home he'd give me cos I was saying I'd kind of like one.

I've been kinda cranky (*discreet cough* understatement) the past week putting the paper together but this put everything into perspective - it was such a random act of niceness. Made me realise I haven't done anything like that for anyone for a while so have to change that!

It was a pretty cool thing of him to do and I really appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

stargal wrote:

I was delivering papers to the Museum Building when Wayne, one of the first year BESS class reps came up and said he had something for me... it was a Barcelona football jersey with Ronaldinho on the back!
    Yeah, Wayne is a really nice guy alright.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Oooooooh....
    Arsene Wenger's magic
    He wears a magic hat
    And when he saw the Champions' League
    He said "I'm havin' that!"
    Oooooooh....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

stargal wrote:

I'd almost forgotten but at the very first Council of the year we'd been sitting beside each other and ended up talking about Barca and he mentioned that he had an jersey at home he'd give me cos I was saying I'd kind of like one.

I've been kinda cranky (*discreet cough* understatement) the past week putting the paper together but this put everything into perspective - it was such a random act of niceness. Made me realise I haven't done anything like that for anyone for a while so have to change that!

mmh he was telling me that he had that for you alright. Wayne is really cool like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

I have conquerer the mighty wireless router from hell! I am all powerful, and most truely rawk!

And, now i can go back to watching flash animations of dancing cadburys creme eggs.

(yeah, i know there's lots of comp sci type people reading this, and thinking *pfh, flicking ants away with finger triviality*, but i am so proud of myself for not flinging the damn thing out of the window from sheer frustration)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

This is just brilliant... I'm just really happy I found it

http://www.shockabsorber.co.uk/bounceometer/shock.html

And I still can't believe it was made for a purpose entirely other than for men to stare/giggle at!

stargal wrote:
    :eek: That is... odd...

...yet strangely addictive...

[edit] The Ghost is up to no good again...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

:eek: That is... odd...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

EduMyth wrote:
    ...yet strangely addictive...

there's a hypnotic quality to it, but it is a little strange looking. proof that exercise is not really good for one at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

ApeXaviour wrote:

And I still can't believe it was made for a purpose entirely other than for men to stare/giggle at!

That reminds me of when Tomb Raider came out first and people kept downloading patches for it to make Lara Croft nude.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

ApeXaviour wrote:

How on Earth Did You Find that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Yes, managed to get one over on NUIG and got to bebo through their proxy using www.hidemyass.com

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Heeheehee, found a new shell for windows that transforms it into a mac layout - pretty slick :)

my desktop now looks like this!

Mac?

*shudders*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Anyone ever noticed the 3 classes of PC users?
    Novice --- OOO mac, its easy to do stuff
    Medium --- "Mac? *shudders*" , pc compatabile defensive
    Power user -- Mac with PPC core ftw = yey, floating point operation efficency!

BOCTAOE

http://www.maths.tcd.ie/~ianoc/osx.jpg

tray cool, except it doesn't handle my res too well, icon's getting all blocky :/

Anyone ever noticed the 3 classes of PC users?
    Novice --- OOO mac, its easy to do stuff
    Medium --- "Mac? *shudders*" , pc compatabile defensive
    Power user -- Mac with PPC core ftw = yey, floating point operation efficency!

BOCTAOE

Hmmm, I see where I stand anyway. Macs are just nasty, talk about Crashy McCrash-Crash, those things freeze at the thoughts of you clicking the big retardobutton on the mouse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MaxBax

macs are like pcs.

mine is fine, but everyone else's is flawed and gives me headaches.

John2 wrote:
    Hmmm, I see where I stand anyway. Macs are just nasty, talk about Crashy McCrash-Crash, those things freeze at the thoughts of you clicking the big retardobutton on the mouse.
    possibly on older versions but OSX is extreemly stable, based on freeBSD

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Mac-extremists love to proselytise about how "stable" Macs are, but anytime I try to launch more than one program on the ones in the Ham/ORI comp rooms, they freeze and crash on me. Oh, and that one mouse button thing IS stupid. Right click anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Spend some time in the East End Mac labs, Nietzschean, and then come back and say that.

Also, I wouldn't recommend downloading that mac theme thingy at the minute - it doesn't install correctly, and is very very messy on uninstall, requiring you to replace several control panel modules either manually, or by reinstalling XP SP2.

well bit late, though its currently running fine, i'll replace the modules manually from backup's if needs be.... :)

And i never said the ones in college were configured properly, are they even running OSX?

m8's of mine with powerbooks get months and months of uptime, no crashes, and faster than any x86 laptop i've come across(@floating point operations i've seen em beat dual xeon servers...)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

To add a complimentary post to my rant/bitch/moan post

I had a brillaint class party. Home a bit early as result of needing food and not feeling like queing for and hour at 21, but it was a class night. I'd never met so many of my class before.

Also for a follow up on the jelly bean dress, the same nice girl found a very nice dress which i bought instead. so too people were happy and wohoo-ish. She beucase she made a sale and got commission and I becuase i got a really nice dress.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Woot! 2S1 (maths) was well handier than I expected. Twas a bit tricky but had LOADS of time to spare. What a relief... Didn't quite manage a 1st I reckon but it means I don't have that much to make-up in the next two papers. All I need is an 80% average I'd say :rolleyes:
    Pet wrote:
    Oh, and that one mouse button thing IS stupid. Right click anyone?
    Agree with that, it makes me feel retarded or something when using it...

well i do like my 8 button mouse alright............

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

To add a complimentary post to my rant/bitch/moan post

I had a brillaint class party. Home a bit early as result of needing food and not feeling like queing for and hour at 21, but it was a class night. I'd never met so many of my class before.

Also for a follow up on the jelly bean dress, the same nice girl found a very nice dress which i bought instead. so too people were happy and wohoo-ish. She beucase she made a sale and got commission and I becuase i got a really nice dress.
    Hahahaha you were so jazzed when i met you yesterday - it was hilarious :)

• Advertisement

Austin Powers: Hey! There you are!
    Tourist: Hi... do I know you?
    Austin Powers: No, but that's where you are! You're there!

Alcohol ftw...

Advertisement