Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

my mother cleaned my room while i was down in ennis, turns out she found 46 euro in change...

• Registered Users Posts: 36 bbrazil

EduMyth wrote:
    that handheld "hoover" that is in each room in the GMB

I only have a carpet sweeper. I must therefore deduce that my room isn't in the GMB.
    Oh, and I've left your cups back now bbrazil, sorry about the wait.

Saw them, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

My "hoover" objects to anything bigger than a speck of dust. I held it over a piece of tissue paper, which wiggled a little, but stayed on the ground. It's actually more effective to sweep the carpet with a brush (seriously).

woo hoo, The guy in the 24 hour reading room finally shut up on his phone!

currently there is Five People in the Reading room, and All but byself are on bebo.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MaxBax

I checked the 24 "READING" room the other day and noticed they've put MORE computers in there. VBG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

currently there is Five People in the Reading room, and All but byself are on bebo.....
    I sympathise. Every day in the computer rooms/library/everywhere in ucd is exactly the same.

I keep getting the irresistable urge to indulge in a spot of culling of the human race... I'm not sure if Darwin's survival of the fittest was meant to refer to the non-bebo users, but I'm interpreting it that way anyhow goddammit!

I love the self-righteous feeling you get when you kick beboers off computers though. You just feel so warm and tingly and justified all over. It's even better when you're in the arts block, and it's some stupid dope with a blonde mohawk/orange face. You can't beat it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Pet wrote:
    I love the self-righteous feeling you get when you kick beboers off computers though.
    How on earth do you go about doing that?

Some aul-fella skipped me in a queue in tesco there yesterday and all I could do was glare indignantly at him. </wuss>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

ApeXaviour wrote:
    How on earth do you go about doing that?

You walk up to those biatch ass punks and you go, "yo motherfuker, you had better be steping off that bebo ****, or i'll knock your fuking sorry, lame ass sideways, foul!"

then you smack them upside the head with your 9 mill.

• Advertisement

You say, politely of course, "Excuse me, but I have some college work that I'd really like to get done, would you mind coming back later when it's not so busy?".

Never say "sorry". You have nothing to be sorry for.

Then, if they sass you or refuse to move, you give it right back to them.

"Computers are for college work, if you want to waste your life on bebo, you can do it at home"
    ("mother****er") - depends on how rude they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

i like my approach better.

now there is only myself and one other person in the 24 hour reading room.

and she's Purtty....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

...poor girl.

Just finished My assignments, She's still Here, her name is Niamh, smokes and Drinks Coffee, ( we went to the hamiltion to get coffee)

and now there is a Security Guard here! Hazza! ( he's on bebo)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

now there is only myself and one other person in the 24 hour reading room.

and she's Purtty....
    She's still Here, her name is Niamh, smokes and Drinks Coffee

Pfft. Who needs Bebo? When you're Joe, you can use the computer rooms to stalk people with or without internet help.
    i like my approach better.

So do I (though I'd correct the trash talk : pistol-whipping ratio to favour more violence). I have to wonder (not having needed to try either approach yet) how many people are actually ignorant enough to not let someone get in to do actual college work when asked personally. Generally, people are capable of incredible rudeness when they can claim "Oh, sorry, I didn't notice you there waiting for the last half an hour", less so when you actually call them on it (which, ApeX, is why when rude old bastards/cows push in front of you because you're young and they resent youth in general, you politely but firmly tell them where to shove it)

All the same, I'm glad TCD hasn't yet banned Bebo (it's grown on me. It's still evil, but...less so than I though), though asserting the "At peak times, college work only" rule a little more clearly mightn't hurt. Or just leaving 9mms on hand for any irate 4th years.

in my defence, she asked me for a cigeratte, i gave her one....

Woohoo! Someone put up episodes of Captain Planet on DC++..aww I loved that show. Even as a kid I was a total eco-hippie. I can't believe a program like that got made all those years ago - talk about ahead of its time. And it didn't even try to sell stuff either - it just promoted environmental awareness.

Captain Planet, he's the hero,
    Gonna take pollution down to zero!
    He's our power, magnified,
    And he's fighting on the planet's side!!

Goooo planeteers!

shay_562 wrote:
    All the same, I'm glad TCD hasn't yet banned Bebo

Won't happen either.

fantastic....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Kevin signed me up to bebo and it's far worse than I imagined. *shudders*

On a woohoo note, I just got a free copy of the new Aphex Twin CD and it comes in a really cool case. It has a trigger that launches the CD out the side. I want more of these!

ani_variopac_kleiner-2.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Tenner says that trigger-thing breaks before the week is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

are you on bebo Seb?

SebtheBum wrote:
    Tenner says that trigger-thing breaks before the week is out.

It's quite sturdy actually. I'm thinking the bigger risk is that I'll fire the CD across the room and scratch the bugger.

You should do that with Westlife CDs.

Excellent idea!

And thus the CD olympics were born...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

I was out at the weekend and managed to lose my mp3 player (some of you may know it as 'rant, rave, i lurve my cowon iaudio') in a pub. :(

So, i was a little sad, kicking myself for my own stupidity and wishing that the karma police would get whoever had found/swiped it.

But, then i got a phone call - one of the guys had thought that it was his friends (he'd left early) and picked it up. So yay! :D I'm going to get my baby back and i'm never, ever going to drop it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

i lost my pass card, will have to ring bank tomorrow, anyone know the procedure? i also can't find my red wooly hat, and my hair has gone super curly because of the rain :(!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Won't happen either.

...based on personal belief or inside information?

Advertisement