Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

when did you add Rugby to your lil empire of forum's to mod?

and how's that going? twas one of the more interesting parts of the glut/open gl stuff i did....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

when did you add Rugby to your lil empire of forum's to mod?

and how's that going? twas one of the more interesting parts of the glut/open gl stuff i did....

Well, he keeps threatening to ban Munster people ... just because :rolleyes:

Woo-hoo: Saw my mum today for the first time in nearly two months!! Which rocks, specially since she was waiting to be discharged from hospital when I last saw her. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Dead Ed sodomising Niall, the ents officer last night:

7137412a757503271b974709405l.jpg

Is that not Neil in that photo? It looks like him. Or are there lots of Trinity boys that look like my b/f?

Actually, there looks like more moustache than Neil has. Christ, I have finals, I don't need to be examing photos on the intraweb, cursing myself for not recognising my own boyfriend. :(

(In my defence Neil, there's f**k all light in that photo)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Looks nothin' like Neil - if anything, Dead Ed seems to resemble Ali G's Cousin Borat...

• Advertisement

It does to me anyway :rolleyes: I was just going to delete my previous post (and make you look like a nutter Seb) ... them I realised he'd probably be able to see my post anyway, bloody mod. Oh well, let the attempts at humour and mockery begin :p (From him, the rest of you don't have top join in :rolleyes:)

Edit: Actually, on 'mature recollection', not even Neil's that pale. That guy also doesn't have blue eyes either. And as I said, too much facial hair. What a time to pick to have a blonde moment :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Hermione* wrote:
    Is that not Neil in that photo? It looks like him. Or are there lots of Trinity boys that look like my b/f?
    Neil is your boyfriend? In that case I'm sure i've met you, and I'm also sure you've met ed^^^ on neils b/day night in the gingerman (I really hope I haven't just my stuck my foot in it, neil being such a dark horse and all ;) ).

ANYway.. more moustache is an understatement, ed's beard almost outflanks his nipples. Which you should remember tbh

Hermione* wrote:
    (In my defence Neil, there's f**k all light in that photo)
    Haha! There's enough for recognition tbh. Maybe the brightness on your monitor is too low.

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Neil is your boyfriend? In that case I'm sure i've met you, and I'm also sure you've met ed^^^ on neils b/day night in the gingerman (I really hope I haven't just my stuck my foot in it, neil being such a dark horse and all ;) ).

You have met me. IIRC, your name is Dec and you do physics or something similar? Don't remeber Ed, oh no, wait I do. He looks nothing like Neil, what am I on? (No sleep, and too much sugar and caffeine btw)
    ApeXaviour wrote:
    ANYway.. more moustache is an understatement, ed's beard almost outflanks his nipples. Which you should remember tbh

Just have, and now that I have, wondering how I forgot :rolleyes:
    ApeXaviour wrote:
    Haha! There's enough for recognition tbh. Maybe the brightness on your monitor is too low.

No there's not! Brightness? Monitor? :confused: Has nobody told you I'm a history student?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Hermione* wrote:
    No there's not! Brightmness? Monitor? :confused: Has nobody told you I'm a history student?
    Whoa whoa whoa:eek: - Don't tar all of us History students with the same "I don't know basic Computer jargon" brush, ok darlin?!:p

SebtheBum wrote:
    Whoa whoa whoa:eek: - Don't tar all of us History students with the same "I don't know basic Computer jargon" brush, ok darlin?!:p

Yes, but you're a boy and you're into football, of course you're going to understand this computers talk. I didn't use a pc til I started college, and have applied for a masters for next year simply so I can spend more of my time and my parent's money with my head in a book. Computers are there to be used, not to be understood ... leastways, they are in my life! :D

I know, I may appear to a stereotype, what can ya do about it?! :p

• Advertisement

football eh? is that the crap that be's on tv alot?

football eh? is that the crap that be's on tv alot?

It's the one with the weird spherical-shaped ball ... and it's on tv far too often for my liking! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

I hate GAA too ;)*joking!*

Lmao! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

....i only just got online today. and didnt get a chance to go on yesterday. and i come online and its not even noticed by a certain someone that its not even me in that photo?!?!? for shame...

well i dunno, scarily enough the only person to make the mistake is the one person who shouldn't.......

if she gets that confused while sober does she often accidentially end up chatting up randing people when yer out?

&#231 wrote: »
    ....i only just got online today. and didnt get a chance to go on yesterday. and i come online and its not even noticed by a certain someone that its not even me in that photo?!?!? for shame...

Yeah, yeah, FINALS m'dear!

I'm sure I'll make it up to you somehow :D
    if she gets that confused while sober does she often accidentially end up chatting up randing people when yer out?

No, Ian, I let others chat me up, I'm too lazy to do it myself :p

Edit: You trinity lot are so unhappy I have to edit my last post, rather than double post. Jeez.
    Anway, W00t: a really kind person (who shall remain nameless :)) made up an exam tunes cd for my walking to doom, I mean, the RDS, and it's got some of my favourite songs on it, plus one or two new ones which I really like. Layla, Teenage Kicks, Son of a Preacher Man, Lola, ... the walk's looking up!
    I MUST get an ipod in the summer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Hermione* wrote:
    Edit: You trinity lot are so unhappy

Its not that we're unhappy, rather that as a result of going to Trinity one develops/gains a couple of traits which make life outside of front arch less meaningful.

firstly one develops a desire to over achieve, which means that one has high expectations and life gives sweet f -all about high expectations and quite likes to crush ones spirit which has been falsly inflatated by unrealistic ideals/desires/goals etc. hence we moan.

Secondly once you pass through front arch for the first time as a undergrad, you become inherently better than any other undergrad in the country, and hence no one understands the burden one bears when they have to deal with the rest of the world. the world as a whole is incompatable to the general believes of a trinity under grad and functions on a different wave lenght. as such misunderstandings occur which cause huge amounts of frustatrion for a Trinity undergrad, hence we rant alot.

The bitching is more a side effect of the ranting, it is once again a responce to the frustrations of life, as opposed to moaning which is the consequence of failed dreams, and unmet expectations and shattered visions. the world is a cruel cruel, desolate place (looks towards ucd,and i can actually do that from my house and see the water tower) outside the hallowed walls of trinity and as such we moan and bitch and rant alot.

but yeah i had noticed that too, we do complain rather alot...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Dead Ed sodomising Niall, the ents officer last night:
    I ran out of things to shout about so I had to do my demeaning in a physical manner.
    Hermione* wrote:
    Actually, on 'mature recollection', not even Neil's that pale.
    For the record, I ain't pale, woman! That guy is just very red. and me eyes are blue, well now becoming yellow thanks to the alcoholism. and at the time of photographing the life had probably drained from them due to Bavaria's big brother (8.6) crawling into me ears and taking over the driving seat.

Its not that we're unhappy, rather that as a result of going to Trinity one develops/gains a couple of traits which make life outside of front arch less meaningful.

firstly one develops a desire to over achieve, which means that one has high expectations and life gives sweet f -all about high expectations and quite likes to crush ones spirit which has been falsly inflatated by unrealistic ideals/desires/goals etc. hence we moan.

Hah, this is why I'm a cynic!
    Secondly once you pass through front arch for the first time as a undergrad, you become inherently better than any other undergrad in the country, and hence no one understands the burden one bears when they have to deal with the rest of the world. the world as a whole is incompatable to the general believes of a trinity under grad and functions on a different wave lenght. as such misunderstandings occur which cause huge amounts of frustatrion for a Trinity undergrad, hence we rant alot.

This explains a lot about the b/f's cockiness, and also why I'm so glad I didn't do my undergrad in Trinity. Tbh, I'm not sure I want that amount of burden. Life's given me enough of those to date, thank you.
    The bitching is more a side effect of the ranting, it is once again a responce to the frustrations of life, as opposed to moaning which is the consequence of failed dreams, and unmet expectations and shattered visions. the world is a cruel cruel, desolate place (looks towards ucd,and i can actually do that from my house and see the water tower) outside the hallowed walls of trinity and as such we moan and bitch and rant alot.

but yeah i had noticed that too, we do complain rather alot...:p

Y'see, from my house, I can either face towrds ucd/rte or the beach ... generally, I go with the beach ;)

In the unlikely event of getting a masters place in trinity (I'm a cynic ;)), I can see myself descending into manic depression in six months.:rolleyes:

Since the doom of finals start tomorrow, and with the knowledge that I shall not be doing a masters anywhere next year, my only woo-hoo for today is ... actually can't think of one. Maybe I'm more suited to Trinity than I realised :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

was waiting for some one to take that post to pieces...:p

and if i go round the corner i can see the amin entrance to ucd. in terms of general life convience i really should have gone to ucd.

and im going to post this in the wohoo thread, 'cos im feeling lazy but it should be in the meh or moan thread, but when i was typing i wrote summer one:o and not in a typo kinda way..hmm

w00t tcd board now has the most posts of any board under education(for like the next week or so before we get overtaken by ucd...)

w00t tcd board now has the most posts of any board under education(for like the next week or so before we get overtaken by ucd...)

Damn, I was going to say that!

We'll be ahead for a few minutes/hours, but here's the proof that we were top.

71 new emails? you should really read your mail more often....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

I'm doing BESS :D. Trinity, here I come!!
    I was looking for some economics posts back from this time last year to re-post on Leaving Cert to give the little ones a bit of a hand, and look what I found!

*Wipes a tear from eye*.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I'm the new amenities officer for TFM!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

so you've been roped in to do the lacky cleaning work for both TFM and SCI FI?

er...congrats...i guess.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

each to there Own....

I was looking for some economics posts back from this time last year to re-post on Leaving Cert to give the little ones a bit of a hand, and look what I found!

*Wipes a tear from eye*.
    ah 2k4/2k3/2k2, the pre-enda times....good times. ;)

• Advertisement

each to there Own....
    ye know thats what other people are supposed to say when they don't understand your choice, it really doesn't have the same effect when you say it yourself. Just makes it look like crash is right.... how goes being a Lacky?

Advertisement