Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

was waiting for some one to take that post to pieces...:p

Couldn't resist :D ... plus procrastination and all that!

Went home last night and from the front door I could see my only sound housemate (and there's five of us in the gaff ffs) in the kitchen ... only just back from her long weekend in Portugal. What with our conflicting schedules and stuff, didn't expect to see her again til the weekend. So that was great, except we stayed in the kitchen chatting and ranting about the other girls for about thirty minutes even though I didn't get home til 00.20am and we'd both to be up at 7am :rolleyes:

And my best friend has come back from his cramming session in his parents gaff in Malahide, so I have somebody to walk to and from college with ... plus to calm me down at my regular panic attacks, I mean, coffee breaks. As a result of his return, I was in ucd at 8.20 this morning ... so we went to get breakfast! Now, study ....

Oh, and on the woohoo theme, only another fifteen days til two of our housemates move out to inflict their antisocial and unhygienic behaviour on other people ... and then I get my new room! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

31days till end of college.... :D

Aaagh, I've started my exams and I have 28 days left!

Probably better to count the days to my new room ... the fact that I've another month left in college isn't something I want to be thinking of! ;) I do however have a summer job practically in the bag, thank to my helpful Dad! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

31days till end of college.... :D
    Anyone looking forward to post-Ian times? ;)

who said such a time shall exist?

• Advertisement

who said such a time shall exist?
    That's very true. However, absentee moderators aren't usually very popular. Are you considering a postgrad and then a post as a lecturer?

i can remain mod while not being in tcd, it doesn't mean i'll be absentee.....

I mean absent in the real world.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

He's absent in the real world most of the time anyway

Woo-hoo! Tom Petty on the exam tunes cd ... the future was wiiide open, into the great wide open .... dadadada/
    /me sings very off-key to self ;)

Mood has perked up ... exams, so what?! :)

• Advertisement

Nude's new door: no longer is an obstacle course necessary to get something to eat!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Woo hoo, i finally got around to cutting the jungle of grass in the back garden.

I like tasks that have a specific finishing point, and now that i'm safely back inside (away from evil pollen) i'm admiring the even lawn through the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Hehe I got away with a very dodgy joke on Legal Discussion.

And to add what Nietzchean removed presumably because he thought it was an insult to him, which it wasn't, effective modding FTW. It's okay, Ian, not everything I say about modding is about you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Hermione* wrote:
    Woo-hoo! Tom Petty on the exam tunes cd ... the future was wiiide open, into the great wide open .... dadadada/
    /me sings very off-key to self ;)

Mood has perked up ... exams, so what?! :)
    Heh, I listened to Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers all thru the repeat exams last August... I think the chorus from "Even the Losers" should be my mantra tbh:
    "Even the loooosers... Get lucky some - times!"
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Hehe I got away with a very dodgy joke on Legal Discussion.

Meh it wasn't that dodgy... quick editing by the mods though!

I had a great day. My exam went much better than expected, the best so far in fact. Then I'd my interview for my summer job, which was over in less than ten minutes. My dad helped me get the interview, so I'm nearly certain I'm in And I don't have another exam til Tuesday! :)

And we've found a fifth person for our house. He's a frind of one of the girls living with me and totally sound. 12 days til i get my new room, and the two freaks I'm currently living with move out!! :D

just finished watching lucky number sleven, good film that, nice ole blood bath :D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

got offered a Lift to the Luas, then relising i cant get into campus till ten....

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

bought two packets of Johnny Onion Rings, oh the memories. they are not as good as the used to be, but still fairly yummers!

W00t: just when I was beginning to run out of vital funds, my mum texts me to say she's going away for a few days and sending my allowance today rather than Friday, since she probably won't have time on Friday, and doesn't want to leave me stranded. So now I can stop worrying about what I will/ will not eat on Thursday. Thanks Mum! :)

• Advertisement

http://timeanddate.com/s/1uw
    It is 25 days, 14 hours, 46 minutes and 43 seconds until i'm finished!

That's so cool! You're finished three days after me though, which isn't.

This time tomorrow, I'll be half way through finals! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Yay, my new headphones arrived. Okay I really shouldn't have shelled out all that cash for them (cash I don't actually have, living on credit and all), but I lost my old set and I can't live without good headphones..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Pet wrote:
    Yay, my new headphones arrived. Okay I really shouldn't have shelled out all that cash for them (cash I don't actually have, living on credit and all), but I lost my old set and I can't live without good headphones..

mmh what you could definetly classify as one of the bare essentials of our times...:p

out of interest did i see you sititng in the rose garden at the engineering building this afternoon?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

rose garden at the engineering building
    Sorry to break it to you but there's no such place. There's a rose garden and there's an engineering building, but they're not very near each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Sorry to break it to you but there's no such place. There's a rose garden and there's an engineering building, but they're not very near each other.

fine garden known as the mystery garden i think, oh wait magic garden at the muesum building which has the engineering timetables in it.

mmh what you could definetly classify as one of the bare essentials of our times...:p

out of interest did i see you sititng in the rose garden at the engineering building this afternoon?
    You may have, I was there for ages with someone else, until the rain forced us inside.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

you were sitting on one of the Benches, i say you there also, but didnt want to disturb you, as you were talking to some girl,

Hmm. Today was definitely one of those "walk ten steps and meet someone else you know" days in college..

Ps, thank you John for that album, it's rather excellent.

• Advertisement

w00t - I love Irish history! Half of what I studied didn't come up and I still managed to write good essays, although my third on the IRB is so waffle-y even I'm not sure what my assessment of their role is. But anyway, twas a decent enough exam, given the lack of preparation. At least I maanged to construct historical arguments. Given that this lecturer could be my supervisor if ucd are foolish enough to offer me a MA place, I was hoping it'd go well. Finals are now 50% completed. 1055.gif

And it's a lovely day out, and I didn't have to walk back from the RDS cos I had a lift. Then I dragged my best friend for coffee, and he said that if the third of my difficult housemates moves out over the summer, he'll move in!! :D

And I haven't ranted yet today! :p

Advertisement