Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Hrmm - study is actually clicking at the moment. think i might head into the 24 hour reading room and do more...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

I was buying antihistamines in Boots today and they have a cool freebie, a hayfever survival kit - a freebie little bottle of eyewash and a packet of tissues. Woo hoo.

So, all hayfevers sufferers - heed thisl. Freebies in Boots with every purchase of hayfever meds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

I don't seem to get hay-fever as often as I did as a child. In any case, mine came later in the summer. It must be annoying around exam time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

w00tage: 17 people on the trinity forum (and 7 on the ucd forum) ... obviously the new place to be! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Hermione* wrote:
    w00tage: 17 people on the trinity forum (and 7 on the ucd forum) ... obviously the new place to be! ;)

Trinners for Winners.

• Advertisement

Trinners for Winners.

Aaagh, you ruined my w00tage with a really annoying saying ... reminds me of something you'd expect to hear in an affected British public school :eek:

You'll grow into it if you come here. No one actually says it until someone starts ranting about Trinity, then its always a handy one to trot out - usually riles people up worse :D

Trinners for sinners, Trinners for dinners, Trinners for winners... I think it's the best we have.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Trinners for dinners

If you come here for dinner, you'll be sorely disappointed. Even UCD (*gasp*) do better food.

&#231 wrote: »
    You'll grow into it if you come here. No one actually says it until someone starts ranting about Trinity, then its always a handy one to trot out - usually riles people up worse :D

That I know, my two best friends were at trinity ... I just don't understand the purpose of a comeback which makes a person sound so stupid ...
    meh, I've known too many poeple in both colleges to care about the rivalry :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

cuckoo wrote:
    I was buying antihistamines in Boots today and they have a cool freebie, a hayfever survival kit - a freebie little bottle of eyewash and a packet of tissues. Woo hoo.

So, all hayfevers sufferers - heed thisl. Freebies in Boots with every purchase of hayfever meds.

For a second I was wondering why you were buying amphetamines in Boots!

John2 wrote:

LMAO!

Also, 23 boardsies on the tcd forum ;)

Hermione* wrote:
    That I know, my two best friends were at trinity ... I just don't understand the purpose of a comeback which makes a person sound so stupid ...
    meh, I've known too many poeple in both colleges to care about the rivalry :)

wish more people could take the attitude..glowers at the boardsies who suggested i take off my hoodie today

I suggested it more cus it was a crap hoodie. they misspelt UCD on it. got another D in there somehow.

I suggested it more cus it was a crap hoodie. they misspelt UCD on it. got another D in there somehow.

But is that what you actually said?
    Fucking hate that ucdd crap anyway :mad: Dr. Brady has SO much to answer for.

crap or free..just just depends on how you spin things. free stuff is always good.

John2 wrote:

If only. The one true, faithful love of my life (sleep) tends to get in the way of study.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

haha mark just jammed his student card into one of those kopicat thingies in the library...hadda use a pliars type thingy to get it out....such a blonde :)

Went home last night and my really nice housemate had scrubbed the kitchen, eradicating all the aftermath of parties etc. Kitchen was sparkling. Sarah's so sound. :D

Also, eight days til my witch-like housemates move out and I get a new room - I'm very excited by this :rolleyes: :D

I've just seen a newly-elected Scholar walk into a door. I don't know why that's a woo-hoo. It's just heartening for human nature.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Ha, see I knew I wouldn't be the only person who would be slightly bitter.

That's it, europerson. Feel the bile rise up in your throat. Use it, USE IT.

[Woo-hoo]

I've just eaten my lunch with a spork. Sporks are fun.

[/Woo-hoo]

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Hermione* wrote:
    Also, eight days til my witch-like housemates move out and I get a new room - I'm very excited by this :rolleyes: :D

sniggers to self...

also, i almost have this thing i've to finish.... ehh... finished!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Wikipedia vandalism makes me cry laughing.
    Most notably, in 1995 a replica Viking ship was burnt, along with all of the towns unbaptisted virgins.
    'Hill Restaurant' A fast fast-food take away. but has suffered poor business when the preveous owener was deported back to Muldova after brutally assaulting a local teenager when he kicked him in the jaw after a fight had broken out between the two, the local rascal known as beave won a court case after he sued the Muldovan man for 1000 euros and a lifetime bag of chips!
    Dublin Bus runs a shambolic service through the town, It's timetables would seem to convey quite a good and regular service, however in reality the timetable is but an over enthusiastic fairytale. The 66 bus which sneaks through the main street at irregular intervals, sometimes in groups of two or three, is almost always late upwards of an hour due to the delays caused by both the first stop being moved from Georges Quay to College Green and the transformation of Maynooth into a Megashopilis. This coupled with the enormous gap in the service between half four and seven of a weekday adds to the farcical nature of the dublin bus service. The 66b has a somewhat more realistic timetable, in that you can expect about half of the buses on it to arrive within thirty minutes of the appointed time. It does, however currently lack a sunday service and operates an extreamly scant saturday service which has been the source of complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

lol @ lecturers on bebo, pictures from staff/student night in the pav on bebo....how wierd is this...

They're drilling in House 6 outside my office. While this mightn't be magnificent, it means the work on wireless is beginning. Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Myth wrote:
    They're drilling in House 6 outside my office. While this mightn't be magnificent, it means the work on wireless is beginning. Yay!

Are you sure they're not installing glory holes?

No longer worried about the exams.

yay. *dances*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

yay. *dances*

And as karma comes back to (once again) bite me in the ass, I find myself beginning to get a tad worried. Boo-urns.

• Advertisement

yay. *dances*

If you have found a way to mission impossible it into the exam office and swipe exam papers, well, if you go back in there and get copies of the JS physics ones i won't tell anyone.

Advertisement