Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Hermione* wrote:
    Looks nothing like me tbh, Myth :D
    Ahh now there are some similarities if you look closely, relation perhaps?*

*DISCLAIMER:As similarity i was referring of course to the bird having 2 legs and a distant evolution relation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

*smirks as Nieztchen trys to cover his ass*

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

well, i thought of using this....

big_bird.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

SebtheBum wrote:
    That's an odd thing to say - how can u possibly know since you ain't a Londoner?!:p

Cos I know me :rolleyes: My big sis is an adopted Londoner (although she's moved again, to some other suburb which I can't remember) ... she's been living in London since 1986 .. her accent is possibly even stronger than yours Seb! :p
    *smirks as Nieztchen trys to cover his ass*

Badly :D *me smirks too
    Ian, you weren't that drunk when you met me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Hermione* wrote:
    Cos I know me :rolleyes: My big sis is an adopted Londoner (although she's moved again, to some other suburb which I can't remember) ... she's been living in London since 1986 .. her accent is possibly even stronger than yours Seb! :p
    To be fair, you'd bloody well expect it to be, given that I've been living in Dublin for, oooh, 16 years... In any case, then the real question is, does your sister get offended by the term 'bird' then?:D

• Advertisement

so once you live in London or England, you can't object to being called a bird? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

so once you live in London or England, you can't object to being called a bird? :confused:

No you can't, it's an ancient by law that's existed since Arthurian times

SebtheBum wrote:
    To be fair, you'd bloody well expect it to be, given that I've been living in Dublin for, oooh, 16 years... In any case, then the real question is, does your sister get offended by the term 'bird' then?:D

Oh God, yes. And I reckon her husband would object to hearing his wife refered to as a 'bird' too! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Hermione* wrote:
    Oh God, yes. And I reckon her husband would object to hearing his wife refered to as a 'bird' too! :D

What's wrong with 'bird' compared to 'pet'? Birds are lovely creatures, why would you not want to be compared to one instead of a hamster or a dog? :confused:

*groan*

No, just that if you were born there and grew up there, you wouldn't want to.

Honestly, what are you lot like...:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Babe?

first the taxi driver calls me sweetheart, now im being called babe on boards. male chauvenism ugh.

and i knew something wasn't sounding right about "there once was a lady...", but then you were the only one who spotted it. pride yourselves on your nursery rhymes do you?

1) Yes. Bi likes nursery rhymes

2) Get used to being called any of the following: babe, beauty, cutie, dearie, darling, honey, & didums. That goes for all of you, male or female.

2) Get used to being called any of the following: babe, beauty, cutie, dearie, darling, honey, & didums. That goes for all of you, male or female.

*raises eyebrow*

An interesting way of trying to endear yourself to us. And didums? Didums?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Mola.mola

chick, chicken, petal.

Some female staff members of the college have called me things like this. Very annoying.

I used to get called "Thebby-Webby" constantly, by a mate in secondary school...

Well... I say 'mate', what I really mean is 'git'.

he was a dude?

Mola.mola wrote:
    he was a dude?
    No, he was a git.

Ah I see, Thebby.

Obviously another git.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

SebtheBum wrote:
    I used to get called "Thebby-Webby" constantly, by a mate in secondary school...

Well... I say 'mate', what I really mean is 'git'.

Aw Thebby-Webby! I'm always tempted to call you Sebby but I figured you wouldn't like it. Damn you and your cool name, I want one!!

I also have no objection to being called babe, babes, chick, chicken, petal, pet, bird, sweetie, honey or anything like that.

What I can't stand is being referred to as a woman. It implies oldness. I'm a girl God damn it! :mad:

elmyra wrote:
    What I can't stand is being referred to as a woman. It implies oldness. I'm a girl God damn it! :mad:

My friend and I have a long-standing argument on this subject, he refuses to refer to me as a girl! :rolleyes: Having said that, I habitually refer to people as 'dear' be they male, female, stranger, best friend

Seb, that's an apalling handle to be given, I'd have decked him. There's no way I could take listening to that every day for two years. Great thing about my name is that it's practicaly impossible to shorten it or make annoying nicknames out of it!

• Advertisement

shorten? how is it hard ? just call you Dee , i'm sure if i put some thought into it could find some way to make it annoying too.... *goes off to ponder up some*

shorten? how is it hard ? just call you Dee , i'm sure if i put some thought into it could find some way to make it annoying too.... *goes off to ponder up some*

Nah, nobody's allowed call me Dee, it's my sister's name for me.

Thanks Ian ... it's so nice of you to think of me :rolleyes: :p Please don't :p

well i figured i should go study instead, so i went off n talked to random people about the place to talk ****..........

And out of the Denise's i know i refer to nearly all of them as Dee, so expect it at some point............

And out of the Denise's i know i refer to nearly all of them as Dee, so expect it at some point............

Bah... if mini-me, aka my sis, heard you, you wouldn't survive much longer ;) But you did at one point ban Joe on my behalf, so I'll let you off :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

*raises eyebrow*

An interesting way of trying to endear yourself to us. And didums? Didums?
    Such talk is required when you have a user name like mine.

Also, a big 'woo' to sunburnt legs! Its the first step taken towards a tan.

elmyra wrote:
    Aw Thebby-Webby! I'm always tempted to call you Sebby but I figured you wouldn't like it. Damn you and your cool name, I want one!!
    I don't mind Sebby at all - in fact, the only ppl who've ever called me Sebbie are my family. Possibly in Primary school as well, I think I wrote my name as "Sebbie" sometimes... Meh. "Sebbie" implies familiarity anyway. *shrugs*
    Hermione* wrote:
    Great thing about my name is that it's practicaly impossible to shorten it or make annoying nicknames out of it!
    Den?:D

SebtheBum wrote:
    Den?:D

No. Never. That is all. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Hermione* wrote:

Seb, that's an apalling handle to be given, I'd have decked him. There's no way I could take listening to that every day for two years. Great thing about my name is that it's practicaly impossible to shorten it or make annoying nicknames out of it!

God I hate the nicks you can get out of my name. Shin I can handle just about but Shinners makes me feel like a leftie and Naed makes me wanna throttle someone, no idea why I just hate the sound of it. I also hate when people from Dublin manage to get three syllables out of it (Shin-a-ad). Grrr! I do love when it's pronounced in a real Irish way though (Shinaeth). God I'm an awful pendant about my name, aren't I Den?! :p

Also, Seb shall be Sebbie from now on. :D

The problems Sin-e-ad has with her given monikor are frankly boggling. So I'm just gonna call her elmyra from now on, on boards and off!
    I will say tho that I've never liked Shinners as a nickname for Sinead, for the reason that it makes her sound like a ragin' Republican... Which simply won't do.:D

Yours,
    Sebbie

• Advertisement

elmyra wrote:
    God I hate the nicks you can get out of my name. Shin I can handle just about but Shinners makes me feel like a leftie and Naed makes me wanna throttle someone, no idea why I just hate the sound of it. I also hate when people from Dublin manage to get three syllables out of it (Shin-a-ad). Grrr! I do love when it's pronounced in a real Irish way though (Shinaeth). God I'm an awful pendant about my name, aren't I Den?! :p

Also, Seb shall be Sebbie from now on. :D

How bout I don't call you Shinners if you don't call me Den? ;)

I can understand why some people would lenghten the pronounciation of Sinéad, after all that's why there's a fada in Irish. I'd be more inclined to go with the latter though. What REALLY bugs me is people who can't pronounce Sorcha - it's Sor-a-cha, not Sore-ka! :mad:

Edit: I'm adopting Sebbie as my new name for you, Sebbie! ;) And I always think of Sinead as elmyra first, then Sinéad :rolleyes:

Advertisement