Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Aw you guys, endeavouring to keep me happy! It's so cute! I quite like 'Elmy' actually, it's what Grimes uses. You all welcome to call me anything but Naed or Shinners, cos I hates 'em.

Sebbie and Neasie for me :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Ooh, I like Elmy - that's my new nick for you Sinéad, don't expect to be called anything else! ;)

Tis fine, that's what most boardsies call me, I almost prefer it to my real name! Oh, that's except for the boardsies who call me Emma....were you there for that? Don't think you were, we gave everyone a different name, I don't remember renaming you though...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Wow, what a night, it's so warm and humid that it's like being on the continent..

*brings notes outside to study*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

*looks back at the last 6 posts or so*

Do we do that on UCD boards? Wouldn't they throw rocks and call us West Brits or something if we did? But woohoo, yay babbling.

And b.ie curious, europerson and angryb built up your arrival so much that your reputation preceded you. It was most curious that though you hadn't really begun posting here yet europerosn listed you in his boardsies he saw at the ball. Also as for usernames its hit and miss, some peoples are usually ignored, such as mine, and others become the term of reference for the person such as europerson or a slightly more extreme case Ronny_Mitchell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

This Bi Curious fellas a bit odd...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

*looks back at the last 6 posts or so*

Do we do that on UCD boards? Wouldn't they throw rocks and call us West Brits or something if we did? But woohoo, yay babbling.
    In fairness, I got myself banned from the UCD forum (deliberately), so do whatever the hell ya want. In fact, please do. The place is a joke now that I ain't there. But anyway...

Btw, where is Ronny these days? Is it just me or is he not around as often as he used to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Such talk is required when you have a user name like mine.

So people who are curious about boards.ie are expected to talk like infants?
    Wouldn't they throw rocks and call us West Brits or something if we did?

Don't they do that anyway?
    Btw, where is Ronny these days? Is it just me or is he not around as often as he used to be?

Well, it is exam season. There's a good chance he's trying to fit a year's worth of work into two weeks.

SebtheBum wrote:
    In fairness, I got myself banned from the UCD forum (deliberately), so do whatever the hell ya want. In fact, please do. The place is a joke now that I ain't there. But anyway...

Sell out! Can't believe you're leaving! Just when we were getting our own halting site and everything...finally something we have that TCD doesn't :D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

SebtheBum wrote:

I saw him in real life the other day but only recognised him at the last minute because:

a) he got a hair cut

and

b) he was walking in from the sunny outside and he was a silhouette to me

• Advertisement

I saw The Omen today, and the child who plays Damian looks exactly like how I'd imagine Daithi/xeducat must have looked as a child.

Furfilled a life goal as a result?

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭gilroyb

&#231 wrote: »

Sexual discrimination. Disgraceful.
    We'll have to send you to the LGBT to get your PC settings fixed.

Furfilled a life goal as a result?

Sentence fragment.*

*spot the irony

I don't actually know what you're asking, so you will have to rephrase that.

Pet wrote:
    Sentence fragment.*

*spot the irony

I don't actually know what you're asking, so you will have to rephrase that.

Awh its good to see you're taking you role so seriously. But you've missed a few posts on LC.

so to clarify, was it a life long goal of yours to get an image/idea of what Daithi looked like as a child.

Considering I've only known (of?) him for about two years, I highly doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Woohoo! I (finally) got my Veronica Mars DVDs today! (I could rant here about An Post but...meh. It's been done). And 4 episodes in, I've gotta say that I'm quite impressed. Not that it'll be knocking Buffy off my "Best. Show. Evar." podium any time soon, but still...
    a) he got a hair cut

Is it anything as hilarious as his last one?

shay_562 wrote:
    Is it anything as hilarious as his last one?

I don't recall any hilarious haircuts on RM. It's shorter if that's any help.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

he doesnt look as much as a Butch lesbian anymore...

he doesnt look as much as a Butch lesbian anymore...

Well no one does when they stand next to you :p

• Advertisement

At one stage he seemed to be going for what I referred to as the "Myra Hindley" look...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

whoo might be going to dubai for a week in july 560 for flights and hotel or there abouts :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭xeduCat

Pet wrote:
    I saw The Omen today, and the child who plays Damian looks exactly like how I'd imagine Daithi/xeducat must have looked as a child.

Oi! I read this, you know ;-)

Plus, I watch you while you sleep.

You only watch? pff, so not hardcore.

&#231 wrote: »
    You only watch? pff, so not hardcore.

He normally wakes up when it progresses to hardcore. He's a heavy sleeper but not that heavy

omen-1a.jpg

And...

gorilla.jpg

The hair is the same, but I think that's about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

shay_562 wrote:
    So people who are curious about boards.ie are expected to talk like infants?

*sigh*

The nursery rhyme thing is quite different from the monikers.
    guilty as charged...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!

Finally finished my last ever college exams - F**K YEAH!!!

Bloody marvellous.:D

I thought I had a rant, until I looked up. My middle light had decided enough was enough earlier on today when I was doing some work. However, after a quick look up (and a cancellation of a repair request sent in to College) it appears that my middle light shall be fighting the good fight for some time to come.

Also, I'm currently listening to the theme from Bullitt. Think of the Ford ad from a few years ago with a CGI'd Steve McQueen. And if you don't know who Steve McQueen is, well then I have no respect for you.

But, woohoo...

• Advertisement

Myth wrote:
    Also, I'm currently listening to the theme from Bullitt. Think of the Ford ad from a few years ago with a CGI'd Steve McQueen. And if you don't know who Steve McQueen is, well then I have no respect for you.

But, woohoo...

I was only thinking of that ad the day before yesterday. A friend of mine was over from Holland and he was showing me photos of his trip to San Francisco. He had a picture of his wife standing on the street on that ad with all the multicoloured bouncing balls bouncing down the hill. I asked him why he didn't recreate the chase from Bullitt and he said that he hadn't thought of that :rolleyes:

Advertisement