Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Me and Indy had complete confidence you weren't so Re*ar*ed you'd manage to actually strangle yourself. Hmm. Maybe we had too much faith in you.....

Clearly you've never witnessed one of her famous "Falling off a chair with absolutely no one touching her" feats of balance. Though strangling herself with a joke dog collar would be a fitting way to go...

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

You have successfully withdrawn : €40.00

Your withdrawal will appear as PP Online on your card statement.

ALL PROFIT...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

hehe, kicked your ass - profit so far:

32 euro on spain (from an 8 euro free bet).

investment of 20 euro on 3/1 odds of trebles today - profit, 80 euro :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

oooooooo deepspace 9 ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

I NOW HAVE TWO JOBS!!!!

*does happy dance, but is not exactly sure why*

• Advertisement

*does happy dance, but is not exactly sure why*

"Aw, $20? I wanted a peanut!" "$20 will buy many peanuts." "...Explain how." "Money can be exchanged for good and services." "Woohoo!"

A year of business and economics and you still can't remember the basic functions of money and why we need it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Alcohol available for consumption = f(money available, ability to charm/fool/guilt others into buying drink for you)

She'll understand that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Possible angle on a PhD but not in TCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

I NOW HAVE TWO JOBS!!!!
    I thought I was doing well with one.

It's still going fabulously! I love work!

Oh no I already dislike one job, and am likely to hate the other, but money money, money, alcohol, money.

Also for a wonderful bit of trivia and just general what the hell where they thinking stuff, I did a technical knowledge test online, unashamedly, I got 40 percent. So I'm pretty bad and it possibly explains why my computer crashes so much. But on the results of that test I got offered a job as a techincal support advisor????I mean WTF I would probably do more damage to the problem than help. Earlier in the day I had accepted the other job, but seriously. *shakes head*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

FAO: Agent Smith and Crash

Re: Recent spate of World Cup related betting references within posts.

Action: Please read attached link

http://www.gamblersanonymous.ie/dublin.htm

Meh, neither of us paid money in. Hils could you gimme info about tech support advisor yokie?

also - am dunk. or drunk. whichever comes first.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Good things about being home:

-music instruments (how I've missed them..)
    -pets (not the neighbour's dog though, stupid yoke keeps biting me, it's gonna get the brick+noose+pond treatment if it isn't careful)
    -no more timed hot water (although the mad new bath/shower/whirlpool/steamroom computerised conthrapshun is quite intimidating; the interface must have been made by a blind and retarded Robbie Williams clone, it's all hieroglyphics and no text)
    -free food, drink, drugs. free washing machine. (although now I have no excuse for leaving laundry form giant mountains)
    -quietness at night (although i sorta miss electrobitch)
    -not having to sign people in anymore

oh yes and
    -DISHWASHER. this is definitely my favourite. washing up is for lamers!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

As one or two of you may have noticed by now, I'm really into a band called Einstuerzende Neubauten. So much so that I sat down and listened to over sixty hours of bootlegged live material to find tracks that were interesting and sounded presentable to make a compilation for the band (it was me and six others). We finally decided on a tracklist, put together two discs and sent it to Neubauten's bunker in Berlin (no joke) for mastering. Two years since starting the project, the finished product arrived through my door. It's a beautiful moment. So far it's only been sent out to people who joined their website but with any luck it will be available from their webshop and possibly from normal shops.

Now, to organise a release party :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

your ways have been ascertained mister two.

I have an interview with cineworld today. and getting a phonecall from google fella tomorrow. schweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

heard horror stories about google interviews. people having to go to seven seperate interviews just for a simple admin job etc... (think there was something about it in the work/jobs forum)

yeah i know - however this is donkey work in their data centre, and they're upgrading and dyig for staff. so semi-hoping it'll be easier and smoother than standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

I got a present from Angry Banana in the post! Yay!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Driven from UCD forum due to bannage to Trinity forum!! Happy days:rolleyes:

Driven from UCD forum due to bannage to Trinity forum!!

...woohoo?

heard horror stories about google interviews. people having to go to seven seperate interviews just for a simple admin job etc... (think there was something about it in the work/jobs forum)
    Yeah but working for google is sweeeeeeet. I'd jump through whatever hoops they asked me to.

They're supposed to be ringing me tomorrow. also pretty sure the cineworld job is mine for the taking - bit of a sign when the person interviewing starts using the word "when" instead of "if you get the job" and keeps going "thats not to say you have it, that is."

That was your cue to offer them oral sex to seal the deal. Pssh.

she was old. and had more facial hair than I did.

On a side note, dropped into donal's office and matt was sitting there reading the paper. that was amusing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

europerson wrote:
    I got a present from Angry Banana in the post! Yay!
    Its sad that we only communicate through the people at An Post.

I demand you return to Dublin!

Or give me directions to your place!

You guys are creepy friends...

&#231 wrote: »

Yay someone to take the title from Niall and I. In the middle of Veronica mars marathon compliments of shay. my brains kinda melted though and I dont have to work till 5 tomorrow. yay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

&#231 wrote: »
    Let us explain.

Europerson lives in Meath; I live in Kildare; b.ie curious lives in Dublin. We haven't seen each other properly since the end of Schols, and we spent all of our time together in College prior to Schols.

We're friends; we miss talking about economics.

Advertisement