Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Yay a day off!!! First in 6 and I'm working again tomorrow but hell yeah w00t and such.

Also sales, now I know in my minority stance as a girl really posting here this won't be appriciated but they're still on they're great and they're gonna make me broke..hmm I see a posisble moan. But w00t SALES!!

Emm yep this heat thing, it's kinda getting old and it's not even sunny now but I'm free for the day. Going to 21 later, me reckons it will be a sauna, possibly sweat room sorry steam room. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Trying to book these Pukkelpoq (or whatevs) tickets online, but the blasted thing is all in French. Anyone have a clue what 'Champ pas valable ou pas rempli :Carte éronnée, controlez le numéro de carte' means?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Anyone have a clue what 'Champ pas valable ou pas rempli :Carte éronnée, controlez le numéro de carte' means?

Something along the lines of what you entered wasn't valid, or that you didn't fill in all the fields that had to be filled in. Not sure what the second sentence is trying to say - maybe something like you made a mistake putting in the credit card number or forgot to put in the expiry date or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Oh and my mini whoo-hoo:

After work yesterday I went to Doyles for an hour while the boyfriend was off playing football - it was cool and quiet and I just curled up in my favourite seat beside the door and read a few papers. And got totally hammered. Okay no, that bit didn't happen but the rest of it was lovely and worthy of whoo-hooage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Tool are playing the Point in November!

• Advertisement

stargal wrote:
    Something along the lines of what you entered wasn't valid, or that you didn't fill in all the fields that had to be filled in. Not sure what the second sentence is trying to say - maybe something like you made a mistake putting in the credit card number or forgot to put in the expiry date or something?
    What it was trying to say was that I'm a tit who can't read the number on the card correctly.

Tickets all booked now. I belive the expression is 'woot'.
    ApeXaviour wrote:
    bands such as Radiohead, Franz Ferdinand, Scissor Sisters, Placebo and more.
    Sounds familiar. The Pukkelpop lineup includes Radiohead, Scissor Sisters (swoon!), Placebo, as well as Radiohead, Daft Punk, Massive Attack, Keane, Beck, Artic Monkeys, Snow Patrol, Babyshambles, Ministry, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Raconteurs (smark!), The Magic Numbers, Mylo, José Gonzáles, Feeder, The Frames, Gomez, and I'd say about a hundred more acts. 3 days of eargasms!

All this after a(nother) techno festival in Zurich, a trip to Amsterdam (which can only lead to good things) and before a blow out in Bratislava.

And I have no idea how I'm supposed to afford it. May have to 'sell my wears' in Amsterdam.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

And I have no idea how I'm supposed to afford it. May have to 'sell my wears' in Amsterdam.

There is some very obvious comment to do with you name vs your suggested method of earning money, but my brain is gray soup from the heat so I can't think of it.:p

Anyway in woo-hoo terms, I just had a waterfight with ym dog. Amazingly what with having the hose and the dog having nothing I won.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

There is some very obvious comment to do with you name vs your suggested method of earning money, but my brain is gray soup from the heat so I can't think of it.:p
    Yes, he's a tulip farmer and plans on expanding business interests overseas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

May have to 'sell my wears' in Amsterdam.
    With a user-name like that, I'm sure you'll make about twice what anyone else will make.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Trying to book these Pukkelpoq (or whatevs) tickets online, but the blasted thing is all in French. Anyone have a clue what 'Champ pas valable ou pas rempli :Carte éronnée, controlez le numéro de carte' means?

This is why God created Google translator.
    Yes, he's a tulip farmer and plans on expanding business interests overseas.

So that explains his mysterious trip to Holland...

• Advertisement

shay_562 wrote:
    This is why God created Google translator.

So that explains his mysterious trip to Holland...
    You know, I've actually never heard of Google translator...

And there is nothing mysterious about my trips to Holland. I go over to watch live sex shows while high. Simple, really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

You know, I've actually never heard of Google translator....
    Nor have I. Sure Altavista's Babelfish translator was there first, and that's all I've ever used tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

*Takes notes*

They have sex in Amsterdam?

Trying to decide how I get home. I can come home from Bratislava for €112 (excl tax) on the 22nd, €70 on the 24th, €42.99 from Salzburg on the 22nd or €59.99 on the 24th. Decisions, decisions. Funny how there are no Ryanair flights from the region to Dublin on the 23rd.

*Takes notes*

lol... Presumably you thought that the whole free-n-easy reputation of Amsterdam was purely an elaborate prick-tease for our benefit?:D

Actually, someone should put that in the Conspiracy Theories forum...

*Takes notes*

I hear its sold in shops.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

stargal wrote:
    Oh and my mini whoo-hoo:

After work yesterday I went to Doyles for an hour while the boyfriend was off playing football - it was cool and quiet and I just curled up in my favourite seat beside the door and read a few papers. And got totally hammered. Okay no, that bit didn't happen but the rest of it was lovely and worthy of whoo-hooage.

i've met you, i've got drunk with you,

i have no reason to belive what-so ever that You couldnt Get drunk in doyles by yourself

hell, i'm dissapointed you didnt... SHAME ON YOU STARGAL

Jesus, so that's what's at the heart of this country's astonishing drinking problem: Ritual admonishment and humiliation for those who fail to achieve inebriation in public premises.

What a marvellous tradition.

I agree. Post 2000 of the thread. Woohoo.

Damn - I mean, congratulations!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

lets have a drink!

Well I'm only back from the Pav (well an hour ago I was only back from the Pav) so I think I'll stick to Pepsi

I think I'll have a rum n coke before I hit the proverbial hay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

stargal wrote:
    whoo-hoo

I don't say that so much these days. :D
    Tool are playing the Point in November!

Hurrah! Excellent news! This has been an excellent concert year; even though I missed Placebo and Opeth, I still have Radiohead/Tool/Dresden Dolls x2 and Muse (anyone else going to them by the way?).

Where are you going to see Dresden Dolls?

Couldn't be arsed with Muse, seen them a few times already (one good, one all right and one terrible)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

I was thinking Berlin, but I went with Edinburgh on the 23rd instead, because it's right in the middle of the Fringe Festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

You know, I've actually never heard of Google translator...
    Sure Altavista's Babelfish translator was there first, and that's all I've ever used tbh...

On google.ie, the blue text to the right of the box saying "Language Tools" - click on it to bring up a translator. From what I can tell, it seems to be identical in ability and range to BabelFish, but since Google is my homepage anyway I can get there in fewer clicks than I'd need to get to BabelFish, so that's the one I use.
    Jesus, so that's what's at the heart of this country's astonishing drinking problem: Ritual admonishment and humiliation for those who fail to achieve inebriation in public premises.

What a marvellous tradition.

Blah-de-blah, 800 years, etc. I don't have the energy to go into my anti-English rant right now, but I felt to need to defend our culture of drinking. I like drinking. I think it needs to be defended. All these scaremongers with their "liver disease" and "social problems"...bleh.

Topic: Um...best I can offer is that the unnatural hot spell seems to be ending. Yay for the lack of sweltering heat! (I work in an oven with no windows or air-conditioning)

shay_562 wrote:
    Topic: Um...best I can offer is that the unnatural hot spell seems to be ending. Yay for the lack of sweltering heat! (I work in an oven with no windows or air-conditioning)
    I can't wait for a good bit of rain. Does that make me a bad person?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Hah! I beat up a scumbag who tried to mug us tonight. I seem to have a gap when it actually happened, but we were going to a lock in in a pub, and were heading down the back alley and your man looked for money. so i gave him 75 cent. he wasnt happy. I gave him a fiver and basically told him to **** off. at this point he grabbed my mate by the arm and said he'd stab him.

at this point my memory goes a bit numb - apparently I ran the length of the alley and rammed into him shoulder first and smacked him against the wall.

after which I helped him on his way, accidently gave him my lighter, and ****ed off.

first time in my life i've ever taken a go at a scumbag, and man it felt good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

lol how do you know? you don't remember it :)

though congrats, its something i've always figured i'd like to do lol

In a rather nerdy w00t, was up till 9am programming, fun :D

Advertisement