Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

batman_begin3.jpg
    çrash_000 prepares for another night of protecting the innocent.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

My mates wouldnt buy me a cool uniform :(

Well, if you don't like black...
    01_800_600.jpg
    Or my favourite form of vigilantism:
    UEire1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

I can't wait for a good bit of rain. Does that make me a bad person?
    I feel the same way. I love bringing tourists around Mellifont in the rain! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 tainted_dream

&#231 wrote: »
    Hah! I beat up a scumbag who tried to mug us tonight. I seem to have a gap when it actually happened, but we were going to a lock in in a pub, and were heading down the back alley and your man looked for money. so i gave him 75 cent. he wasnt happy. I gave him a fiver and basically told him to **** off. at this point he grabbed my mate by the arm and said he'd stab him.

at this point my memory goes a bit numb - apparently I ran the length of the alley and rammed into him shoulder first and smacked him against the wall.

after which I helped him on his way, accidently gave him my lighter, and ****ed off.

first time in my life i've ever taken a go at a scumbag, and man it felt good.

Well I find it a bit weird you enjoyed attacking a "scumbag". But anyway, how come you were at the opposite end of the alley to your friend and the "scumbag"? Did you walk off, thne realise your friend wasn't with you then run back and slam him or what happened? What happened when you ran into him? Did you hurt your shoulder? How did you accidently give him your lighter? None of this makes much sense to me.

• Advertisement

It was a very weird night - and its more that I was quite drunk, only fully realised everything that happened, and its quite out of character for me - I tend to avoid doing anything violent etc. in those situations but...

kinda started to move off and noticed he was having a go at the others, and none of them had reacted, so I legged it back as he was searching his pockets.

my shoulder is kinda sore, but most of it was he just hit the wall, crumpled etc.

he got my lighter cus i was trying to get him to **** off after (i was very drunk, lets not start) and tried to give him a light for the ciggie that had stayed in his mouth the whole time (fairly impressive) - but yeah, that bits a bit of a blur.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Well I find it a bit weird you enjoyed attacking a "scumbag".
    When you're dealing with the underbelly of society, there's only one language they understand. What else do you suggest he does? have a heart to heart and ascertain "when it all went wrong"? get in touch with his "inner person"? Find out that, inside, he's a child crying for attention? No, you lamp the cunt and maybe discourage him from mugging someone else.

http://www.shelleytherepublican.com/2006/04/20/linux-a-european-threat-to-our-computers-by-tristan.aspx

I love americans. I really really do. Fucking idiots. I'm assuming that's a serious article of course. it probably isn't though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Dead Ed wrote:
    http://www.shelleytherepublican.com/2006/04/20/linux-a-european-threat-to-our-computers-by-tristan.aspx

I love americans. I really really do. Fucking idiots. I'm assuming that's a serious article of course. it probably isn't though.
    That's mad...

WOOHOO I'M CLEAN....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

I love americans. I really really do. ****ing idiots. I'm assuming that's a serious article of course. it probably isn't though.

Lookin through the site, even with the "Adopt a Liberal!" and "Sign This Petition To Make Jesus Christ a U.S. Citizen!" pages, I'm still not entirely sure it's a joke. That's either really funny or really depressing, and I'm honestly not sure which.

• Advertisement

Managed to shrug off the blood lust and the horrors weren't too bad. Nobody got hurt either, apart from some of the remaining shreds Ed's dignity, murdered it was. MURDERED!!! ARRRRRRRR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭punka

I got FOUR (non-junk) letters in the post this morning. I'm not quiet sure why I'm so happy about that, but there it is.

I ended up in a gay bar last night... with my sister!

We were going to leave as soon as we realised, but the siren song of two cocktails for €10 was just too much.

She got hit on by a 30-something year old lesbian while some fat bald chap tried getting me to dance with him.

Why any of this is a 'woohoo', I do not know.

Which gay bar was it?

I got FOUR (non-junk) letters in the post this morning. I'm not quiet sure why I'm so happy about that, but there it is.

Non-junk letters always make me happy too. Probably 'cause they come so rarely.
    I ended up in a gay bar last night... with my sister!

We were going to leave as soon as we realised,

How exactly do you 'accidentally' end up in a gay bar? And how do you make it as far as the bar to find out about the cheap cocktails before noticing? ("There's something bothering me about this place....I know! This lesbian bar doesn't have a fire exit!") I mean, there's only about 3-4 in all of Dublin, and even if you don't know them by name, one is giant and purple and the other one has a big ****-off rainbow flag hanging outside the door.

Either way, though, best Woohoo! ever.

I'm beginning to wonder just how much of an accident it was. Myself my sister and my mate were heading to Pravda when the mate says that he wants to go to Traffic. In fairness, it wasn't like he was taking us to the G, but I still can't help but wonder if he knew Sundays were gay nights.

As for noticing, queers don't tend to wear convenient pink triangles anymore. It was only when we sat down to have a drink that we noticed all the men were better dressed than normal.

I feel partly insulted by that last line. I'm straight but can be well dressed when i want to!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

As for noticing, queers don't tend to wear convenient pink triangles anymore.

You mean like in Germany in the late 1930s? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

I feel partly insulted by that last line. I'm straight but can be well dressed when i want to!
    yeah but how often does that happen?

stargal wrote:
    You mean like in Germany in the late 1930s? :eek:
    You've got to admit, it has its advatages. You don't have to waste time thinking "is he, or isn't he?"

Don't worry darlin, I'm sure if I saw you in a club I'd think you were gay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Don't worry darlin, I'm sure if I saw you in a club I'd think you were gay.

hahaha excellent.

*goes in search of ice*

hell of a burn man :)

Thank you, thank you. I think my reintroduction to Dublin's alternative scene has reinvigorated my funny bone.

Thank you, thank you. I think my reintroduction to Dublin's alternative scene has reinvigorated my funny bone.
    so thats what the bald guy did then :)

In fairness, it wasn't like he was taking us to the G, but I still can't help but wonder if he knew Sundays were gay nights.

...and so he cunningly lured you in there before abandoning you to the old lesbians and creepy bald men?

shay_562 wrote:
    ...and so he cunningly lured you in there before abandoning you to the old lesbians and creepy bald men?
    Honestly, you would need to see this guy on the dance floor to understand. He looks like the gayest thing since sporty spice.

so thats what the bald guy did then
    I think I just threw up a little in my mouth. The poor chap couldn't even give the ugly tree wood.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Dead Ed wrote:

:eek: Some people need to be drowned at birth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭punka

John2 wrote:
    :eek: Some people need to be drowned at birth!

There's a HUGE discussion of that website on the Wikipedia talk page.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Incase any of you arn't on Bebo, I managed to get the whole way from the Luce Sports Hall to Front Arch in 3 and half minutes today!!!!!!

Just so that this makes mroe sense as a wohoo, I usually meet alot of people when I'm going anywhere. My sister the only time she came into Trinity with me threaten me with grievous bodily harm if I didn't make it from the GMB to the Arts block without talking to someone, and what bruises they were. Yay, I might be on time from now on. Well have a shot. Ok it's nice to dream.

Actually on second thoughts this could almost be a moan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

My sheet music book arrived today, and it is rather savage. Typically though, it arrives the day before I leave for (a very, very pianoless, drumless) Kerry.

Meh.

I have great icecream beside me though, which makes this post a woohoo.

Advertisement