Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Finally got a lead on what actually going on in the Sociology department, only about 6 weeks after I first emailed them. Might get to see that script yet...

And yes lead is the appropiate term.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Pet wrote:

I have great icecream beside me though, which makes this post a woohoo.

Damm i want Ice-cream...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

i had a wander around the excheqer street market, it made me woohoo inside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bartron Prime

I recently got me a Muse ticket (W00tage squared) and was a great party recently where Jameson and I got re-acquainted (if you're listening Irwin Gill, thankyousomuch). Also, in a good mood for the first time in ages. Yay! Boingy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Am really in the mood for a decent Pav Friday! About seven people have cancelled on me, so I'm scraping the barrell now wrt who I'm going out with, but I'm beyond caring. Get me to the Pav!

Also, woohoo for rain! Got drenched to the bone coming back from the gym today. My flowers are happy again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

I got so wet (from the rain..) yesterday that I had to spin my clothes before I put them in the dryer. That's the west coast for you!

Woohoo for exercise, I've been a couch potato for too long. I walked 12 miles yesterday, over mountains, like some big hippie rambler. Dingle is mad this summer, I haven't seen it like this in ages. I'm going out in a while on a pubcrawl with some cousins I haven't seen in years (and they're all rich bastards so they're paying for me, hurrah!), but not before I get free food courtesy of relatives who own restaurants. Ah, sponging off the family. Good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

You're getting all this for free? Can I come down to you? We can pretend to be lovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

You're getting all this for free? Can I come down to you? We can pretend to be lovers.

...because rural Ireland has traditionally been so accepting of alternative lifestyles?

shay_562 wrote:
    ...because rural Ireland has traditionally been so accepting of alternative lifestyles?

It will be accepting when I come to town and tell them:
    1. Me and roro are a couple
    2. I used to be a woman
    3. I once was excommunicated
    4. I'm a vegan
    5. Abortions for all!
    6. Miniature American flags for some!
    7. Atari jaguar

I like the rain too, but better than rain are this winters clothes.. *does happy dance*

also I couldn't sleep last night becuase it was still so hot, and I nearly jumped for joy this morning when it was overcast, yes i know that that is probably in some way twisted but yay. And it wasn't possible to actually jump becuase I never possess that much enthusiasm in the morning on less something exciting is planned and work is definetely not exciting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

SUWEET... I'm flyin off to salzburg in a few hours. bussin to bratislava then in a few days and then goin to budapest for the weeklong sziget music festival.

See yas!

see ya!

John2 wrote:
    Aw heck. You missed your window.

Yeah well I'm heading to Poland in nine hours so I don't mind. Can't wait, holiday of the century!

Also further woohooage. I finally found somewhere that sold record cleaning fluid (vinyl cleaner, not CD wipes or something pointless like that) and gave my favourite Godspeed record a cleaning. After a year and a half of not playing through side 3 without skipping all over the place, it now plays through beautifully. Godspeed You Blue Record Cleaning Fluid!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

;)
    Pet wrote:
    Aw heck. You missed your window.
    Ah so ronan got himself a sex sla.. I mean hole to fu.. I mean haircut? Stußid austrian keyboard. Its so hard to type on this.

Anyway yeah been havin an ok night here (by the way, as prologue to this message im in salzburg austria on my own for 2 days then headin up to bratislava and meetin friends there). Got the wrong bloody hostel. This place is not nearly as good as the other. Though some swedish bird randomly came up and had a few drinks with me here for a couple hours which was cool. She asked what room I was in and said she'd see me tomorrow, sweet. The extremely drunk croat who did the same soon after was not so cool. He kept swearing very loudly in the hostel "bar" and spitting on the floor. He said he respects irish people "because of braveheart". Then he decided to speak german AT me for ten minutes while continuing to spit on the floor. Then the clincher, during one of his many drunken handshaking embraces he looks at me and says "you must careful of me. I am croat, I am muthafukkin dangerous". Then laughs...

So while he went for a piss... I made apologies and left, here to internet place.

It's still a woohooh! post though cos of the swedish girl ;).

sounds interesting let us know how it pans out.

I have a day off.

I have a day off!!!!

After 12 days of working straight I have a day off :D

Got the wrong bloody hostel. This place is not nearly as good as the other. Though some swedish bird randomly came up and had a few drinks with me here for a couple hours which was cool. She asked what room I was in and said she'd see me tomorrow, sweet.

If you get drugged after having sex with her and then wake up in a dingy room with some psycho drilling into your kneecap, don't expect me to hide under your assorted bodyparts later as a burly Eastern European tosses them into a furnace in some crazy sadist playground, and then dies at my hands as I make my clichéd escape to the safety of Germany, not unlike the terrible film by the name of "Hostel".

What?

Oh, and Placebo are playing in Manchester the night of my 21st birthday, so I think I'm gonna go - I think it's a fitting way to end a week of partying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Woke up today still very much drunk.

Found some girl's name written on my arm (not the tattoo, but the same arm) and my iPod was in my shoe.

I woke up today, 16 hours after I went to bed last night. Wtf?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

And I bet ya still feel shattered.

At least I always do when I get more sleep than I need... Meh.

I'm in Poland!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Im in the Czech republic!

I'm at home!!!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bartron Prime

I have tea and lots of Greek chocolate! :)

Woohoo for 90mins sleep! I feel quite retarded now, but in a pleasant "I'm going to sit on my ass and eat pie for the rest of the day" kind of way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

I'm officially part of the workforce again! Happy dance!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Hehe.
    Pet wrote:
    And, to be awkward, I'm gonna do a Phil debate next week. The societies can fight over me. :D

How things change over two years.

Pet used to be a Phistee?

Or by the sounds of it a Histee?

:eek:

EDIT: congrats Shay

• Advertisement

Pffh. I was a fresher at the time, I didn't realise how full of saps the Phil and the Hist are.

Woohoo, I just bought about 10 books off ebay. Hurrah for cheap classics!

Advertisement