Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

I didn't realise how full of saps the Phil and the Hist are.

Aw. Bitter much? Did they not fight over you to your liking?

Hils - thanks. See PM for details of the super-gayness of it all.

Enda - not that I didn't find you weird and creepy anyway, but seriously. Randomly dredging up two year old posts? Weeeird.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Aw. Bitter much? Did they not fight over you to your liking?

No, it was the sheer stench of unabashed desire for upward mobility that got to me. Smiley gladhands on their way to a career in politics; most of the people I met were quite false and/or obnoxious, and mainly drawn from South Dublin private schools (and had the stereotypical personality to match; I don't judge people based on where they went to school). The nonstop talk of "networking" and meeting "contacts" was ridiculous.

When you're a fresher (which was two years ago for me, yes I am all old and cool and stuff), they seem great, in theory. But hindsight is a great thing. To their credit, the Hist were the nicer of the two, and more about debating than aforementioned networking. And I'm sure there are plenty of nice people in both, but I had too many bad experiences to want to go back, or even to recommend them to others. Besides, debating does nothing for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

I think I may have gotten the weekend off properly for Electric Picnic.

*happy dances*

*falls off chair*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

shay_562 wrote:
    Enda - not that I didn't find you weird and creepy anyway, but seriously. Randomly dredging up two year old posts? Weeeird.
    There was method in my madness, aNill. Namely that I saw #10 The official "r... in the Top Statistics and wanted to check that it was in fact our own beloved thread. I clicked on it and it brought me to the first page. Wallah.

No, it was the sheer stench of unabashed desire for upward mobility that got to me.

Ah, Eau de McGuirk. I thought that last crate of Febreze might have cleared it out a bit. Apparently not. Though I can totally see what you mean about the politic-y sides of it being annoying. Still, so far it hasn't been bad enough to put me off, though I'll freely admit that I'm not as "old and cool and stuff" as you.
    I think I may have gotten the weekend off properly for Electric Picnic.

Didn't you have that already? Ah well, no matter. Congratulations! You have the 19th off, right?
    Wallah.

...what?

• Advertisement

The quote from Pet was on page one (or maybe two) of the link I clicked.

Oh, I got that much. I'm curious as to what the hell "Wallah!" means.

2005011600210401.gif

And wallah, I pulled my head out of the hat.

Ah, I see. It's like "voila", only stupid.

Heh, I'd say "but not ridiculous", but each to his own.

• Advertisement

Ah, Eau de McGuirk. I thought that last crate of Febreze might have cleared it out a bit. Apparently not.

Please translate this youth-culture reference, it went over my old, cool head.

Translating it would mean insulting certain TCD graduates who may or may not have had the last name "McGuirk" who may or may not have run for SU pres last year and who may or may not have been among the hackiest hacks that ever did hack within the GMB, but that would mean slandering someone anonymously over the internet, and I'd never dream of doing that.

As for the second part, Febreze.

Aaaaand the spending spree continues. Goodbye, hard-earned cash, hello..stuff..and debt, oh how I've missed you, debt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Guest

each to their own, lovely phrase.

shay_562 wrote:
    Translating it would mean insulting certain TCD graduates who may or may not have had the last name "McGuirk" who may or may not have run for SU pres last year and who may or may not have been among the hackiest hacks that ever did hack within the GMB, but that would mean slandering someone anonymously over the internet, and I'd never dream of doing that.

That article really got you you didn't it? But you're ok, the Hist won't fire you for slagging McGuirk. Silly boy.

Oh, I know they won't fire me, I'm just trying to cut down on my levels of anonymous slander. You read that article, you know what it means - I lack a conscience. And I just took a "sociopath test" (I'm really bored) that confirmed that I lack morals, ethics and general concern for others. If the internet tells me something, it must be true!

Back from a great weekend in Cork.

Visited the statute of Michael Collins again because I can't make it to the 22 commemoration :(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

See? Wasn't I right about getting out and doing something over the long weekend?

Oh, and do you realise we talked for like an hour and a half on the phone the other night? And it was half two in the morning! I haven't done that since I last had a significant other.

My woohoo: going to Doyles tonight and Milan tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

yer in there Enda.

I think I just vomitted a little.

• Advertisement

Get a good mental image of that now ted.

*falls off chair laughing*

I'm so thankful I'm too tired for mental images.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

first he says he isn't opposed to kissing Hilary, then he talks to enda for hours at night - he really is Bi.curious...

&#231 wrote: »
    first he says he isn't opposed to kissing Hilary, then he talks to enda for hours at night - he really is Bi.curious...
    What can I say? I'm oversexed. Or horrendously undersexed. Most likely the latter.

I just ate half a tub of Ben and Jerry's, on top of an already large meal.

I have brainfreeze and a severely distended stomach, but I still think this deserves a woohoo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bartron Prime

I am, as of this moment, officially going to Vienna next month for a week. Total cost (excluding the money required for the maintenance of liveage): €300. This deserves a big Woohoo! :D

Originally posted by Enda in the bitch/rant/moan thread
    BOLLIX.

Was 90% through a great post about the Health Centre when I pressed the Close Tab button.

I think I speak for everyone when I call this as a woohoo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bartron Prime

Ouch. Harsh, but funny. And in the battle between harsh and funny, funny always wins... ;)

Post reported for personal abuse :(.*

*Might not be true and might just be an excuse to threaten you again.

Ed wrote:
    yer in there Enda.
    In fairness, it'd be him who's in there.

• Advertisement

Ibid wrote:
    In fairness, it'd be him who's in there.
    A man just came screaming out of the closet.

Advertisement