Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

sorry, me suggesting that you talk to him is stalking, yet you discussing him on the internet isnt? Poor form hillary

Ok, I meant in the general conext. There has been, all be it largely one sided,
    a discussion of him online, which is stalkery. To go up and then speak to him after said discussion would be even creepier. If this tangent dies in this thread in the next few hours it was just harmless speculation with a slight stalker inflection, rather than being out and out stalking. Also I just couldn't go up to him and ask him to go to the pav or what ever.

edit:its only one l joe, note the sig.

Who's Lorna?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

edit:its only one l joe, note the sig.

If your going to be like that, Its Joseph Thomas :)

Who's Lorna?

Google "Lorna Jennings", and if you wish the number 11,586.

[edit] Interestingly, this thread came up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

The girl sitting near him just went and spoke to him.

New year in college resolution to take more risks.

maybe next time....

maybe next time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Speak to someone in a computer room? Never ever ever, That's when folks are at their most hostile and will probably cut you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Dead Ed wrote:
    Speak to someone in a computer room? Never ever ever, That's when folks are at their most hostile and will probably cut you.
    Agreed. Computer rooms are not a good place for social interaction. Got sushed big-time in the 24hr recently. Felt like going up to the guy and putting on my best Black Momma voice and saying "I di'n't take the number 4 bus all the way down here to get sushed by da likes of you" while bobbing my head and making hand gestures. Don't know what stopped me. Probably common sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

OH NO YOU DIDN'!

is always a good one.

Damn. If I had posted the quote in capitals it would have made it sound more like a stereotypical femal african-american.

Caps off to you, Mr.000.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

the names zerozerozero.....crashunderscore zerozerozero.

cue the theme music

I'M TALKN' DOWNTOWN!

• Advertisement

Parnell street?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bartron Prime

Only if you have an extra €20 on you....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

smallville ftw, where clark shoots fire from his eye's when he gets horny

My hair has formed a natural mowhawk. No matter how much I try to pat it down it keeps popping back up. I'm the new Prince of Punk!

My laptop finally arrived, woohoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I have my own lab :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

John wrote:
    I have my own lab :)
    Pics?

At a later date. I have a Faraday shield and all so let's see your electromagnetic forces disrupt my data, mwahahaha!

"Faraday shield" lolz, first time i've heard it referred to as a shield, does it stop the frigin laser beams?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

"Faraday shield" lolz, first time i've heard it referred to as a shield, does it stop the frigin laser beams?
    lol "shield". It's great the way something as simple as a bit of chicken-wire wrapped around your computer can have such a cool name. I realise "cool" is pretty subjective in this case.

Also as a proxy woo-hoo, Pet is in an exam now, the last of his supplementals though. So unbanning him now

• Advertisement

Whey! Hopefully he'll be posting a woohoo soon.

Yes it does. When you're measuring tiny electrical charges in the brain you need as much protection as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Also as a proxy woo-hoo, Pet is in an exam now, the last of his supplementals though. So unbanning him now

Ah, so that's why he hasn't been around for a while. That was a thoughtful thing to do. Think I'll ask for that the next time I find myself wasting two hours of my life reading random threads when could be doing something vaguely more productive.

Mini whoo-hoo: Finally got something from DCU telling me how and when to register for my Masters. Was starting to get a tad worried. Also brain is beginning to disintegrate from lack of use - the only thing I'm reading at the moment is linking Dutch football to the social and er, geographical landscape of the country (better than it sounds). Plus have been watching a lot of Oprah. Bleurgh.

John wrote:
    Yes it does. When you're measuring tiny electrical charges in the brain you need as much protection as possible.
    /me wonders does john actually believe it stops a laser beam

/me shines laser pointer in johns eye to prove point!

stargal wrote:
    Also brain is beginning to disintegrate from lack of use
    Can identify with that. The ears are corked to prevent melting brain flowing out and making a mess of the floor, which I am now mentally ill equipped to clean.
    You using SQUIDS?

Dead Ed wrote:
    You using SQUIDS?

No, LTP. Stimulate specific neuron with high frequency pulses and measure the effect downstream in another neuron.

Big scary brain words.

I know what you're thinking. Really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Myth wrote:
    Whey! Hopefully he'll be posting a woohoo soon.
    Um..let's just say, woohoo, the exams are over, and now I can finally sleep. (It's been almost a week since I've had a proper night's sleep. But on the plus side, I now know that's it's almost, almost possible to learn and then revise an entire year's worth of chemistry in 5 days. Go me!) When are the results out, btw?

Now: bed.

Tomorrow: predicted ridiculous behaviour in Doyle's.

• Advertisement

I'd guess around the 29th, but that's just a shot in the dark (a week after all exams are meant to finish). Ask Rob.

Well done on finishing!

Advertisement