Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Woohoo! My notice is officially in, I should have just 4 more shifts before I'm free! Wheeeeee!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

There are fireworks going off in the disused pitch and putt course at the back of my house. They're really nice, none of those ****ty all bang and no colours fireworks. They're proper explosions of colour fireworks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Just back from Vienna: had a great time. It's a lovely place. Simple, really.

I hated Vienna when I was there. Thought it was really unfriendly and dead. Although the Hunnertwasser museum is one of the best museums I've been to.

I don't think I'd go back to Vienna - went there just before Christmas last year, and loved the Christmas markets (and quite enjoyed the fact you could get something similar to mulled wine in the middle of the street, really took away the winter coldness). But I've seen it, so meh.

Really want to go to Switzerland next, or else back to Berlin.

/soliloquy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭mizz.yelof!!!

when u guys think supplemental results will be out again to haunt us? as in i finished on tues ( wohoo FINALLY can enjoy the last 3 weeks of hols) , so week, 2 weeks?

Should probably be up on your noticeboard when they will be out, if not call in/ring your department (don't e-mail, chances are you won't get a reply). But I'd guess that they won't be out for at least a week after the 22nd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

europerson wrote:
    Just back from Vienna: had a great time. It's a lovely place. Simple, really.
    Welcome back!

I liked Vienna when I was there. Went to some seriously dodgy clubs and came out of one of them wearing women's clothes. Well, it was just a lady's scarf, but still...

Swiss people are weird and scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Went to some seriously dodgy clubs and came out of one of them wearing women's clothes.

Sounds like your kind of place.

John wrote:
    Thought it was really unfriendly and dead.
    I have to disagree: I thought the people were rather friendly and helpful. There was only one freak in a café, whom I could have slapped.
    Myth wrote:
    I don't think I'd go back to Vienna
    I wouldn't hurry back to Vienna, but I wouldn't hurry back to any place I go.

• Advertisement

Swiss people are weird and scary.

You know Vienna is in Austria?

Erdinger und Einstuerzende Neubauten! Oh weh mir!

You know Vienna is in Austria?
    Thanks. However, I was referring to Myth when s/he said
    Really want to go to Switzerland next

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

i dunno i spent some brief time in switzerland and didn't find em odd at all, quite nice.

House is clean, nothing is (noticably) broken, huzzah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bartron Prime

Woo-Hoo The First: I, apparently, did not cause any structural damage to Shay's house. Aw yeah.

Woo-Hoo The Second: Seeing some friends tomorrow I have literally not seen in months.

Woo-Hoo The Third: I am going to Vienna tomorrow!! YES! Cannot wait. That place won't know what hit it.... :D

No, you didn't, despite coming perilously close when fleeing from that large bearded man with the knife.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bartron Prime

Yeah, sorry about that. I just hadn't seen the guy in a long time and that's just what we do when we're together. Well, that and The Knee Thing. But that's for another day....

Woo-Hoo The Third: I am going to Vienna tomorrow!! YES! Cannot wait. That place won't know what hit it.... :D
    I've done some work already. Everything is in order for your arrival.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Wohoo for the first time in months I only have one job. Yay!

And my bonus was paid up front in cash.

• Advertisement

Registered and got my shiny new student card. It's greeny turquoise* by the way. New lock and toilet seat in the bathroom and a friend mailed me The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings audiobooks. Cool!

*but it's not a TCD card before you all get excited

Just finished the most horrible 12 hour shift in work.

But now I'm off to the vaults for a UCD 70's night, so big yays. Going to get stupid!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

heh, ended up seeing republic of loose in UCD. funny ****.

&#231 wrote: »
    heh, ended up seeing republic of loose in UCD. funny ****.
    They were playing in DIT yesterday. Right outside the library.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Just finished the most horrible 12 hour shift in work.

But now I'm off to the vaults for a UCD 70's night, so big yays. Going to get stupid!

Did that even go ahead. the guys I was working with at UCD are involved in Retro soc and were trying to give away tickets yesterday morning and by the afternoon were talking about it being cancelled all together. Apperently it was the posters fault.

Did that even go ahead. the guys I was working with at UCD are involved in Retro soc and were trying to give away tickets yesterday morning and by the afternoon were talking about it being cancelled all together. Apperently it was the posters fault.
    Did indeed. The place was nicely packed, too. Good time had by all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

nothin like takin a dump to make your hangover less bad. A thing of beauty it was, and I named it "Crispin" and released it to run free in the maze of pipes 'neath this fine* city and out into the beaches and shorelines surrounding the dublin area. Untreated. If you're swimming by and see crispin, don't forget to say hello. Bye bye Crispin. Also phone the relevant local authority and have a chat about water pollution.

*it's not. Dublin smells**

**it does now, moreso.

Dead Ed wrote:
    nothin like takin a dump to make your hangover less bad.
    Indeed. Question is, why?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

No idea. Probably something to do with the body not being too fond of having a load o' the aul faeces round the place. It is one of the great mysteries of our time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

After the bitch**** of a storm last night, my power is back.

HALLELUJAH!! PRAISE THE LORD!

I can now shower, make tea and use the internet again. The last 24 hours were quite tough going, but the ESB returned my joy just in the nick of time.

*is tempted to liken the previous 24 hours to Auschwitz, in parody of whichever Z-list Irish celebrity it was who said that her 2 days spent on "Celebrity Farm" was "..hellish, like a Nazi concentration camp [sic].."*

Advertisement