Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Power went in Maynooth too but not in my apartment. I went to the arts block to use the computers there (my laptop won't connect to the NUIM network and it's baffling top minds in the college) and the place was pitch black but with a bunch of people playing chasing in the dark with security trying to get them all out. I felt old right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

top minds eh? find the CNRI research group, they'd have you online with ipv6 in no time ;) [my boss works there...]

Cnri?

actually thats wrong, he moved/his group moved (it was cnri in dit, think its hamilton out in maynooth...)
    http://www.hamilton.ie

though thats a complete aside, anyway whats going on with ur lappy? what happens when ye plug it in? any response off dhcp?

It is detecting the wireless network but when I try to connect to the VPN it won't connect. I'm not quite sure on the ins and outs of it because as you know, computers aren't my thing.

• Advertisement

they not give you access to a wired network? may not need vpn gear then... i assume you've tried deactivating windows firewall, and zone alarm or any of that crap if its installed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Troglodyte

Just back from the Ryder Cup. Apart from the muddy state of the place it was great, and much American arsé was kicked today. Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

The Week in Politics is back :).

they not give you access to a wired network? may not need vpn gear then... i assume you've tried deactivating windows firewall, and zone alarm or any of that crap if its installed?

No wired network and only wireless network in the apartments, no personal computers can used anywhere else on campus, even the library!

Tried disabling firewall and I don't have any other protection software apart from virus scanner (the McAffee one IS services make you use in TCD).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Off to Denmark in the morning, three months! :)

• Advertisement

Do me a favour, and let us know whether Danish Bacon is all it's cracked up to be, and thus whether Peter Schmeichel was lying to us all.

Enjoy!

gl with that man :) off to lego land to use your physics skills to build something new?

Nietschaen wrote:
    gl with that man :) off to lego land to use your physics skills to build something new?
    Myth wrote:
    Do me a favour, and let us know whether Danish Bacon is all it's cracked up to be
    They have bacon and lego in denmark? Suweet! Now I'm really excited :D

no seriously, I thought the only thing I like they'd have is blue cheese..

edit: oh and beer obviously too

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Give us a shout when you want people to visit you, I love beer. in so many ways. (oh you know it...)

ApeXaviour wrote:
    They have bacon and lego in denmark? Suweet! Now I'm really excited :D

Denmark is the home of Lego. They have the original Legoland there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Ibid wrote:
    The Week in Politics is back :).
    Yes, that is indeed a great woo-hoo.

europerson wrote:
    Yes, that is indeed a great woo-hoo.

Yes. Totally. Rock on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

NEW SEASON SHOE SALE IN OFFICE!!!!!!

Buy one pair get another pair half price. Im gonna be so broke...

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

NEW SEASON SHOE SALE IN OFFICE!!!!!!

Buy one pair get another pair half price. Im gonna be so broke...

The shoes in office are very nice, atho they dont go up to my size (14)

i kinda need some formal size 14's by friday at the latest

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Myth wrote:
    Do me a favour, and let us know whether Danish Bacon is all it's cracked up to be, and thus whether Peter Schmeichel was lying to us all.

Enjoy!
    I dunno about bacon, but danish pastries are the most overrated things ever.

It's just sweet pastry with a few raisins!

• Advertisement

As a seasonal woohoo, I've just noticed that the leaves on most of the trees are starting to go an Autumn red. The park beside me was nice to walk by when I hopped off the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

*looks out window* i'm surrounded by trees, and I see no red :P

also, its nearly october :) I love October, its my favourite month for some reason. its cool, but not cold. and you get really nice semi warm nights.

all i see is grey concrete.........

[edit]
    There is a few green weeds in a place underconstruction across the canal...
    [/edit]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

I'm officially unemployed. I'll probably be working again at Christmas, but for at least 3 months I won't be forced to deal with the rude, stupid, ignorant, ****witted gob****e inhabitants of this godforsaken country. Woohoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

I know that feeling! I finished work on the 1st Sept and it was the best feeling ever!! Apart from the hangover that I had from the night before :( But it's been great not having any responsibility, no getting up early and no dealing with clients for the last few weeks :)

woot finished most of the Qt kadmin integration stuff for addition of new users into kerberos. now need to finalise insertion of non authentication details into a db.

Rant: lots more coding to have done by the start of freshers week by right, new end user GUI to sign up for accounts......

if stuff isn't done in time can't roll it out mid-week as it'll just cause lots of hassle :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

oh dear.

I'm incredibly drunk right now. And I'm in work. I don't think they've noticed yet, but its only a matter of time...

/oh dear

woot finished most of the blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah insertion blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.
    Heehee.. "insertion"

haha thats amazingly juvenile, i'm impressed ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Troglodyte

The David Hasselhoff event at the Phil was great. What a legend. :)

Advertisement