Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

haha thats amazingly juvenile, i'm impressed ;)
    Sophomoric is the term I prefer :p
    The David Hasselhoff event at the Phil was great. What a legend.
    I wish I was in dublin to see the hoff. I love him. He's just the type of arrogant **** that should be such a washed up ****e, but it's this ironic aspect that makes him so appealing. Him and will shatner, they're both just so inadvertently cool!

Hey Myth? March 22nd a day to celebrat what what? (he knows what I mean.. if one of yous wanna guess I'll give yous a clue: 76 years of age as of above date)

And woohoo copenhagen is a ****in cool city! Man how is roskilde so shit? And yet it's so close to københavn! Also it hosts what is oft considered europe's best music festival. WTF?

Also I'm wasted, in more ways than one. GO CHRISTIANIA! What a legend of a place.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

the shat?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

No work for the next two weeks! and if I have my way I should be out of current job soon after that (two nights in a row i've been so close to leaving purely down to how badly managed the place is, its a disgrace) and three days til I move in :D

Suweet! Sudden crazy-ass lightning storm here in denmark!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

From my SIS, it appears that I am off on Tuedays this year, if they don't change the tutorial times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

I became the treasurer of physoc today. God, I love Freshers' Week.

Strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

You that dude at the stand t'other day in the green hoodie?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

W00t to the new secret computer room in the Arts block.

Um seriously? Did claire give away my job that quickly haha.. Cos I'm the actual treasurer (no seriously). Do you want to be interim treasurer? Cos I can forward the stuff you need to go to and all if you give me your email. It's powa, physoc aint no small ass society.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

i just discovered i won't be leaving tcd for 3 years anyway. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Congratulations.

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Um seriously? Did claire give away my job that quickly haha.. Cos I'm the actual treasurer (no seriously). Do you want to be interim treasurer? Cos I can forward the stuff you need to go to and all if you give me your email. It's powa, physoc aint no small ass society.
    She said she needed someone to help her out with things until Christmas. I owed her for teaching me how the moon was made.

I'll PM you with my email.

I was treasurer of the PDs last year. There is a big difference, I know, but I'm not entirely new to the concept.
    Dead Ed wrote:
    You that dude at the stand t'other day in the green hoodie?
    Don't remember wearing a green hoodie. Can you remember which day? I have been helping out somewhat, but only because my own stand was right beside Physoc's for Wednesday and Thursday.
    ibid wrote:
    new secret computer room in the Arts block
    Don't tell me where it is! I'm going to go exploring on Monday!

Don't tell me where it is! I'm going to go exploring on Monday!
    I have a lecture from nine to eleven, so I'll have look before then!

europerson wrote:
    I have a lecture from nine to eleven, so I'll have look before then!
    I propose a race to discover the Arts Block's latest hidden treasure! The Queen herself shall raise the chequered flag!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

i just discovered i won't be leaving tcd for 3 years anyway. :D

PhD? Well done. So you're not going to go to the other Hamilton then?

no i'm afriad not, u'll have to keep the wide open spaces and the nice campus to yourself :o

though phd w00t.

i'd gotten looking forward to possibly going to maynooth, now tcd looks grey, but w00t phd. :)

What will you be doing your PhD on?

augmented reality, doing headset based stuff, so when u look at a plastic cadaver it looks real, and u can move stuff aroudn and poke it, it can bleed and so on.... not exactly sure on how it'll all work but guess 3 years to figure that out :)

Wow, sounds cool. Is that in the maths dept or are you moving to a new environment?

• Advertisement

cs department, over to the O'Reilly with me it seems... so new place, but not moving very far :)

you pass your animal course?

Exam is on the 25th, studying at the moment. Also started a course on how to teach properly. Looks like I'll be doing part time work in the biology department as a demonstrator. Handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

FINALLY the fucking internet is working. But what's this 40-second-wait-then-browser-restart bullshit all about?

Edit: and does anyone know if Thunderbird can be set up to download mymail messages under the new poxy system? (That was a typo, but an oddly-fitting one, so I left it as it was.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭The_Radiator

yes ronan nothing's really changed but my thunderbird won't update my gmail.

I put the same thing in the connection settings in thunderbird as i did in firefox - don't know if this makes any difference.

So mail.tcd.ie in the server name, port 995, username in the username click the ssl button, and your outgoing serve ris smtp.tcd.ie. you probably know all this but i'll just give you what i got anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Just place my first ever orders with amazon. Grabed a rare out of print book as well as anotehr rare one relating to my final year project. Cool beans.

Also smart broadband more then doubled my speed. I'm not on 7Mbit down 512Kbit up, Solid.

So yea woo-hoo.

She said she needed someone to help her out with things until Christmas. I owed her for teaching me how the moon was made.

I'll PM you with my email.

I was treasurer of the PDs last year. There is a big difference, I know, but I'm not entirely new to the concept.
    Excellent, well that's more than me. Sent you a good few emails

EDIT: Oh if you only read some of them be sure to read the first and last.

j010tu0.jpg
    j012ab7.jpg
    j001cb2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

John: Guiney has an electric mandolin?? tell him i want to play it (despite the fact that its a pain in the hole to play left handed, i still want to)

Yeah, it's sitting in my house at the moment (he went off to Roro's party so I brought the gear home) so good luck trying to get a go on it, I'm rocking away on it. It's deadly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

j_007s.jpg

No matter the photographer or situation, anytime someone takes a photo of me playing, I always manage to look either bored, retarded or stoned..

Advertisement