Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

Woohoo to the new (Civil) Engineering computers hidden away in the Museum building!

(and no, I haven't jumped into the Geography computer room)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Pet wrote:
    Lab supervision isn't all that bad. One of ours last year used to go out and smoke a joint halfway through the lab every Thursday. Bastard only ever gave C's for reports, though.

I take my demostrating deadly serious. No first year gives me **** and I **** them for breakfast!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Woohoo: well-rested for the first time in two weeks. Yay! Now I can go drinking without falling alseep on people's floors!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

John wrote:
    I take my demostrating deadly serious. No first year gives me **** and I **** them for breakfast!
    What it is you do to them for breakfast I hesitate to ask...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

what does he be doing with his students that they are around his place at breakfast time?

• Advertisement

**** = shit in both cases.

what does he be doing with his students that they are around his place at breakfast time?

If you don't know then you're not postgrad material :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭paperclip

D'ye know anyone who demonstrates for the JF Pharmacy chemistry or biology labs? I ask because I have bribes that need a taker. :D

I demonstrate for first year biology labs* so feel free to send me bribes.

*in Maynooth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭paperclip

Great! Your bribe will arrive in the mail soon! *

*in Maynooth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

you do realise that means you'll have to give him a bribe still, just sending it to maynooth?

But on the plus side I can give you all the answers for JF chem and biology as I've done them both for my own degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

you trying to sell your answers for sexual favours john? i'm pretty sure thats against some one of the rules around here....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Ibid wrote:
    Some people won't get that, but hee-hee...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

europerson wrote:
    Some people won't get that, but hee-hee...
    Everybody but us, I should think.

Great, now I feel like a nerd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Great, now I feel like a nerd.

You mean that you don't feel like that all the time...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Dave3x

My day:

10:00 am- Receive DCC cheque for €415.00.

10:15 am- Receive €127.00 book vouchers for second half of Entrance Exhibition.

03:45 pm- Receive offer for cool job with nice boss around the corner from my house.

Oh yes. Money is always good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

I <3 the Santry depository. No more shall I pay exorbitant prices for books of sheet music; I just borrow from stacks, photocopy the particular songs I want, and return.

Sweet.

you trying to sell your answers for sexual favours john? i'm pretty sure thats against some one of the rules around here....

If it's against the rules then the rules are broken!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

You mean that you don't feel like that all the time...:p
    Sometimes. But having the odd conversation with youself usually reminds me that its all relative.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

1000th post whoo hoo!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Troglodyte

Found a website that has most episodes of Seinfeld, Futurama, South Park, Simpsons, Scrubs, Family Guy, That 70s show and many others for us to watch.

I'd swear the internet is doing its best to damage my social life. I mean all of Family Guy? I'll be like a bloody hermit for the next few weeks.

EDIT: Link Removed

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Viceroy, if that site is not official you can get banned from boards.ie for posting a link to it. Bí curamach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Troglodyte

Ibid wrote:
    Viceroy, if that site is not official you can get banned from boards.ie for posting a link to it. Bí curamach.

Harsh, but also fair I suppose. If anyone wants the link they can always PM me.

BTW, I wonder if that nickname will end up sticking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Troglodyte wrote:
    Harsh, but also fair I suppose. If anyone wants the link they can always PM me.

BTW, I wonder if that nickname will end up sticking?

Theres a fairly serious policy on copyrighted material, even distributing links Via Pm will get you site banned should an admin or Smod happen to read your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

/me glad he took down link before it was edited out. Cheers troglodyte ;)

Woohoo. It's "Potato Holiday" here in Denmark. Which means there is hardly anybody around this week. I'm just sittin around doin nothing. Yet I somehow managed to convince my supervisor that I've been working my ass off. He walked in and I for some reason, just at that moment, happened to have all this data and graphs up on my screen. I also uncharacteristically beamed with confidence as I bullshitted all sorts of complicated explanations about them.

aaaaah.... reminds me of being a teenager again. When (at least to your parents) you are an expert liar, improvisor and shyster. The nostalgia of it all.

• Advertisement

reminds me of being a teenager again. When (at least to your parents) you are an expert liar, improvisor and shyster. The nostalgia of it all.

Ah yes, the days when I used to do my "homework" on Myspace and writing a post on a message board was an "essay".

These days, I have to fool myself, which is much harder.

Edit: Woohoos:

-I am officially a SF Natural Science student. About frickin time!
    -Biology 2 and Geography lecturers rule.

Advertisement