Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Ibid wrote:
    Catex can take their crappy coffee and, well, give it to other BESSturds.

Who are really doing my head in of late. They are getting worse :mad:.
    Oh my gawd! I'm so totally sorry if I've been offending you. Where's all this negativité coming froaom? Like, totally random. But try not hauve a complete freak oush. Just build a bridge, slap a toll booth on ish and hauve doddy pay for you to get the fock over ish.
    Finally got me a coffee machine!!
    A proper one? I demand viewage!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

OMG!!!!111 B355 FTW!11!!!1ione

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Just build a bridge, slap a toll booth on ish and hauve doddy pay for you to get the fock over ish.

[SIZE=-1]You're a funny guy, [/SIZE]b.ie curious[SIZE=-1]. I like you. That's why I'll kill you last.[/SIZE]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Ibid wrote:
    Are they? Now that I'm doing pure economics I don't really notice any more. We're all geeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Shay and I made it to a break room on Saturday, of course then I totally choked but we were there.*

*this post is on both of our behalfs.

• Advertisement

Ibid wrote:
    Will be calling into you at 8:45am from now on original_psyco :D. Catex can take their crappy coffee and, well, give it to other BESSturds.

Ehhhhhhhh......

Sure why not - I only have Fair trade stuff though, seems Marks and Sparks have gone all ethical. Though the best coffee in Dublin would have to be Dino's in the IFSC </flatwarming gift hint>

Enda will be knocking on your door every morning. He's very awkward about his coffee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭gymrabbit

europerson wrote:
    Enda will be knocking on your door every morning. He's very awkward

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Woohoo!

New job!, new strings, new book(s)!

Good day :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Do not be alarmed...continue swimming naked...

• Advertisement
    • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

shay_562 wrote:
      Do not be alarmed...continue swimming naked...
      Like I need your permission.

Welcome back to the forum of milk and honey.

for Mattie

for Mattie
      Yay! Welcome back!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Sweet.. 6 of my mates are coming over to København tomorrow! Am stayin there with them in the hostel. Twill be mental and likely life-threatening (Dead Ed is one of them).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

ask ed if he remembers the guy who offered to give us dead bodies one night - that was funny...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

I don't know what's going on in this thread anymore.

My woo-hoo: Got an invite to a Dáil/Seanad session this Wednesday where they're going to be debating this new plan to eradicate homelessness in Ireland by 2010. It's a triple woo-hoo, cos I get to interview the Minister with responsibility for homelessness afterwards, and then write up a couple of articles about it :D

Pet wrote:
      Shoes.

Well gis a goo.

That's awesome Stargal, well done. I personally will be surprised if the issue of homelessness can be solved in a couple of years. But fingers crossed.

gymrabbit wrote:
      I personally will be surprised if the issue of homelessness can be solved in a couple of years. But fingers crossed.

Same. Being cynical I think it's for nice publicity, but in the end if it helps people than woo-hoo. Well done too Ms. Stargal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

YUS! just got last minute tickets for the Ireland vs. SA match today :D

• Advertisement
    • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

throw me one there will you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

gymrabbit wrote:
      That's awesome Stargal, well done. I personally will be surprised if the issue of homelessness can be solved in a couple of years. But fingers crossed.
      Myth wrote:
      Same. Being cynical I think it's for nice publicity, but in the end if it helps people than woo-hoo. Well done too Ms. Stargal.

Thanks lads :D

I know it sounds unrealistic but it really could happen. The numbers have already been reduced from 5,000 in 2002 to 3,000 last year - plus there's loads of money, resources and manpower working hard at it. There's no reason why anyone should be homeless for more than a couple of days if it all works out; once the structures are in place to get people into secure housing and all the people currently homeless are housed then there's no reason why it shouldn't work.

A lot (most?) people automatically assume homelessness is a social problem that can never be fully solved, but it ain't necessarily so. This really could work.

Oh and it's not a government thing. It's the 4 big charities/organisations involved with homelessness - Simon, Focus, Threshold and VdeP.

Wow. It's been quite a while since I got so excited about social policy. I miss Trinity... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Troglodyte

&#231 wrote: »
      YUS! just got last minute tickets for the Ireland vs. SA match today :D

You jammy bastard... And what makes it worse is that I live close enough to Lansdowne Road to hear all the cheering :( Ah well, hope you enjoy it.

gymrabbit wrote:
      Well gis a goo.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYnn51C3X_w

Ohmygod shoes.

That's a "what the ****" moment right there.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

WOO! Ireland DESTROYED South Africa in the Rugby!

Myth wrote:
      That's a "what the ****" moment right there.
      It is, but it's genius all the same.

Shoes.

Shoes.

Shoes.

Ohmygod shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I just went to a ****ing savage gig tonight. Four Japanese men (one of whom was ancient), lots of amps, lots of guitars and lots of psychedelic freak outs. I've never seen a band make a crowd look like they've got epilepsy before (well not on the same scale as tonight anyway). One of the guitarists finished the gig by throwing his guitar up into the lighting rig and left it hanging there feedbacking. Savage!

Pet keeps talking about shoes...i'd view the link and find out the answer why but I'd rather not as I do very much like, well adore shoes. That is fablous, achilles tendon shortening, breath taking creations rather than temple bar rocker regulation combat graffitted boots or runners.

• Advertisement

i like really white trendy sneakers.

Advertisement