Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Wow...

My Israeli supervisor here gave me the most amazing of references. He all but said einstein is shining a torch out of my arse. This slip of paper will save me having to suck a lot of *ahem when applying for IRCSET. Sweeeet! :)

And ed says jews are stingy. :rolleyes:

My Danish supervisor I wouldn't ask for a reference because he has the awful habit of turning up when I'm exceptionately hungover or finding me in moments of idleness/stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Wow...

My Israeli supervisor here gave me the most amazing of references. He all but said einstein is shining a torch out of my arse. This slip of paper will save me having to suck a lot of *ahem when applying for IRCSET. Sweeeet! :)

And ed says jews are stingy. :rolleyes:
    Me? Never. Sure you can spot them a mile off though. They all look like this like:
    jewwf1.th.gif
    Right, the picture'll go up when imageshack stops throwing toys outta the pram...

...aand we're back..

They got nuclear weapons too y'know? I reckon they're about to do a "goldfinger" and contaminate all their gold so they don't have to guard it and can get on with running international finance.

Dead Ed wrote:
    Me? Never. Sure you can spot them a mile off though. They all look like this like:
    Well not really, this is himself.
    nipr.jpg

He's a big time researcher getting lots of money, but drives a 98 golf.

But then again so would I if there was 180% tax on cars, what does that tell you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

I graduated today! Well yesterday at this stage, but still. It was interesting.

Had a big family/friends party-dinner thing then this evening, which was excellent. The last guests left about fifteen minutes ago. Great night.

This isn't the most articulate or sober post I've ever written but I think it conveys a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Well not really, this is himself.
    nipr.jpg

He's a big time researcher getting lots of money, but drives a 98 golf.

But then again so would I if there was 180% tax on cars, what does that tell you?
    Yeah but it's probably made of gold, and there's a definite resemblance there! sure hrummph hrummph, spin spin *scratch*, mutter drives an old 206 and is completely loaded. I think folk at that stage in their career don't need to impress anymore. grrr.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

finished last important meeting before xmas, the holiday season can start...woot Wiii time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Right_Side banned for 2 weeks for trolling.
    Woot!

For posterity.

Nobody says mean things about my Raffles and gets away with it.

my Raffles

Qu'est-ce que c'est?

stargal wrote:
    Qu'est-ce que c'est?
    Stop her, quick! She's trying to put some sort of voodoo hex on me!

Too late! You've been cursed with all of Right_Side's evilness, so now you're going to be the token hated person on the TCD forum! And you'll wander in threads and call people names and be contrary for no good reason and everyone will disagree with you and ApeX will ban you for trolling and we'll all laugh heartily over the internet.

MWAH-HAH-HAH!!!!!!

/evil laugh

• Advertisement

Moving on...

Just watched Reservoir Dags which I got for free thanks to some kind patron who appears to reside o'er at Bargain Alerts. See, Boards.ie impacts real life too.

And the Thomas Crown Affair is on. Not the better one (it's missing the sexual inneundo which RTÉ used to show at 3 in the afternoon) but still somewhat interesting.

stargal wrote:
    Too late! You've been cursed with all of Right_Side's evilness, so now you're going to be the token hated person on the TCD forum! And you'll wander in threads and call people names and be contrary for no good reason and everyone will disagree with you and ApeX will ban you for trolling and we'll all laugh heartily over the internet.

MWAH-HAH-HAH!!!!!!

/evil laugh
    Well, it was just meant to be a dramatic way of saying 'what you talkin about, Stargal?'

But if you want me to call you a twunt...

And yes, Reserviour Dogs is a cool film.

But if you want me to call you a twunt...

Oh no you di'n't!

Ok I'm going to stop that now. This isn't Ricki Lake.

I was just asking what 'Raffles' is. I'm guessing it's a pet name for Troglodyte or another BESSian, but just wasn't sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I finally got my laptop on the Maynooth network (thanks to my own jiggery-pokery and not any computer people!)

Whoo-hoo to that. I got wireless broadband on my laptop last week and have been off the internet for approximately 20 minutes since then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Troglodyte

Interesting exchange between Stargal and b.ie curious there....
    Nobody says mean things about my Raffles and gets away with it.

Aaaahhhh :D
    Stargal wrote:
    I was just asking what 'Raffles' is. I'm guessing it's a pet name for Troglodyte or another BESSian, but just wasn't sure.

Yep, I'm the one he's referring to alright. B.ie Curious calls me Raffles, Ibid calls me Viceroy (my fault), and everyone else calls me the fellow with the UCD scarf.

stargal wrote:

Try Sir Stamford Raffles..

I'd post a link to wikipedia but I can't stand it..

Try Sir Stamford Raffles..

I'd post a link to wikipedia but I can't stand it..

Since I don't have a problem with Wikipedia, here's the link. Turns out he was a very interesing man, with some amount of sh1te named after him.

End of exams. Oh yeah :D

Troglodyte wrote:
    End of exams. Oh yeah :D
    Now is the time to get pissed. ;)

Off you go...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

All exams over (and possibly even passed), essay handed in with 37 minutes to spare; now I can start eating Lemsip Max like smarties without worrying about waking up tomorrow. Sweet, sweet painkillers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bartron Prime

Should I tell him that Lemsip Max capsules contain caffeine and thus he won't be doing any sleeping or shall someone else do it? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

They don't contain much caffeine. Sure most of us ingest enough caffeine before going to bed with little problems (apart from Pet but he's got circadian arhythmia).

Woohoo for the Melvins and a cracking gig. Loud as ****, my ears are barely still hung together.

Saw Pan's Labyrinth last night, which managed to be both one of the most terrifying and one of the most beautiful films I've ever seen.

Oh and finished work today, that's also a whoo-hoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Woo-hoo: all my ebay stuff, cd's and t-shirts arrived, and my hangover is gone.

Boo-hoo: I went to sleep at 1pm and got up at 2am. My circadian rhythmn is now well and truly ****ed.

Yippee, I just finished more labs. Almost there!

Mmm O'Donovan's breakfast roll.

Hamilton library is quiet. I'm the only mouse stirring.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Saw harsh times yesterday, really cool but a bit ****ed up film

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

Saw harsh times yesterday, really cool but a bit ****ed up film

Yeah it's a great film, saw it when it was in the cinema. Christian Bale's excellent.

• Advertisement

Lol: I was showing my sister around boards a couple of minutes ago, going through a few choice forums. Stopped at personal issues, which had the usual mixture of probs - STI questions, alcoholism advice, girl problems, pregnancy scares etc - and she was quiet for a couple of seconds and then said: "Wow. This is all the Trinity forum?!"

Advertisement