Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

My haircut is still better news.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Ibid wrote:
    My nephew Fionn is getting a little brother or sister :D.
    Cool :) .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

my snowboard just arrived, nuff said.

That must be frustrating.. having a cool thing such as a snowboard, esp one that you have been waiting on for ages.. and not being able to use it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

haha, thats o so true, it came there, and i was looking at it going 'cool', then i'd to just put it away can't do anything with it here...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

I am officially in <3 with Neon Bible, the new Arcade Fire album.

All week in college I've found myself thinking about it and cycling home really quickly just so I can listen to it again (iPod is busted, only works in the recharger). Can't remember the last time I did that with an album.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

stargal wrote:

All week in college I've found myself thinking about it and cycling home really quickly just so I can listen to it again (iPod is busted, only works in the recharger). Can't remember the last time I did that with an album.

What is it with that album, someone who sits on either the 3rd or 4th floor of the library is also obssessed. in the shared network for i-tunes there is always a message about neon bible and its amazingness. Though i think today it was "neon bible fags".

Excuse my ignornace (I do economics)

What is Neon Bible?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

stargal wrote:
    It's the new "LP" (that's what you kids call it these days, right?) by the "Arcade Fire" musical assembly.

Arcade what now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Arcade what now?
    These guys.

Neon Bible it appears is as good as the itunes person claimed.

Woohoo, got a First in my Industrial Economics presentation. Only worth 5% of grade in that subject, but still worthy a woohoo.

And my econometrics skills are on fire. I got an r-squared of .9936 (the maximum is 1) and my Durbin-Watson statistic clocks in at 1.9939 (the ideal value is 2).

I love when lecturers have the good humor to include some of the more fillpant comments that students make at meetings. Such as today I was at a meeting, where the memo I just got has me quoted "just decoration really" or there abouts.

Yes!!

The previously impossible derivations have fallen before the power of my calculus! In your face (1-x)!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

my foot doesnt hurt as much anymore!! (still quite swollen though)

Also, elections over tomorrow :D

Good luck Neil :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Bartronilic

CSS are playing at the Trinity Ball. They have the best party music I cant wait.

That's a pretty f*cking good fit.

fit.gif

Major w00tage: Finally got tickets for a gig on Monday that I desperately wanted to go to.

Oh and Celebrity & Showbiz forum got approved :)

• Advertisement

Oh yes, well done on your forum proposal getting approved & modship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭King.Penguin

Myth wrote:
    Oh yes, well done on your forum proposal getting approved & modship.

lol another one

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

lol another one

It's a Boards takeover by Trinners. Who's gonna be next? I might suggest a rant forum..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

I love Statistics. They're so logical and orderly. I love Accounting too - OK, the theory is like wading through solid boredom, but there's such a great sense of satisfaction to getting everything to balance. I should probably worry that this is a sign of OCD, or at the very least terminal nerdiness, but instead I'm just going to bask in the happy afterglow of actually getting a productive day's study done. Aaaaahhh....

I went on an amazing bender this weekend..have barely looked at a book in 3 days...

It started with drunch on Friday afternoon, and sort of ended with dinner with my sister at 5 am. Then lots of walking and smoothies, 16 hours sleep and a fantastic trip to skerries. I even phoned my dad. I feel sort of healed. Mainly because I no longer smell of alcohol, but I'm ready to go in and committ fully to schols tomorrow aswell.

Then bring on Amsterdam and USI.

I just bought a SegaMegaDriveII!!

Now, just have to get Jungle Strike...

I'm so gonna fail my degree! (And probably get dumped!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

(And probably get dumped!)

That's ok as long as she doesn't take the MegaDrive!!

**** it, thats ok as long as I get to come over and play it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭gilroyb

The girlfriend or the megadrive?

• Advertisement

...I choose not to answer that question.

Advertisement