Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

Careful now neil..

remember what sport I do here...!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

remember what sport I do here...!
    You're using that threat a lot lately. :mad:

Come on.. three(ish) times over two terms is not a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

It ain't a sport really though, is it? It's more like practice for when the hordes come from the (middle) east. Hmmm, think I went there...

It's a lovely day today. My favourite term, Trinity Term must be getting near.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭paperclip

europerson wrote:

Think that fondly of exams, do we now?
    I am wearing sunglasses today. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

examsQUOTE]
    AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭King.Penguin

Come on.. three(ish) times over two terms is not a lot!

what sport is this? sega?

ah yeah sorry forgot

• Advertisement

europerson wrote:

It's raining now. I blame europerson.

Myth wrote:
    It's raining now. I blame europerson.
    It's cleared up again now, but it's not as sunny.

Oh, the sun's just come out again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

europerson wrote:
    Oh, the sun's just come out again!

it would appear to be the kind of sun that promises rain...

it would appear to be the kind of sun that promises rain...
    Quite, but let us enjoy it while it radiates its golden goodness onto Earth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭BrenC

oooo it seems good enough to sit outside the pav though, not too cold.Clearing up now..

The sky is so pretty just now. The gray purple clouds of dusk are trapping the end peach light of day in a big bubble above college park.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭gilroyb

The sky is so pretty just now. The gray purple clouds of dusk are trapping the end peach light of day in a big bubble above college park.

Dusk as seen from the Usher library by any chance? Enjoy that and all the other fun perks of Schols which include... well, enjoy dusk.

gilroyb wrote:
    Dusk as seen from the Usher library by any chance? Enjoy that and all the other fun perks of Schols which include... well, enjoy dusk.

If people find me anywhere else they begin to worry. And yes I am going to enjoy many dusks in the next month, they're only being to become pretty again now. There hasn't been enough light till recently.

I keep getting pav day dreams though. I have a niggling feeling that the scene is even prettier when viewed from the pav, cider not entirely optional.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

gilroyb wrote:
    Enjoy that and all the other fun perks of Schols which include...
    Don't envy yous... it's horrible. Good luck

• Advertisement

Gilroyb i thought you were in 3rd year..are you doing schols this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭gilroyb

Schols was many moons ago, currently in my 5th year, doing an MA at the moment. I was a bit of an odd Schols student in that I could only seem to study effectively from about eight in the evening till ten in the evening, the rest of the day involved staring out the window at the sunset, and getting very annoyed at the automated air vents.

Good luck with the study, do your best to do as much as you can, at least you know that a 2.1 (exemptions) means you you will be able to spend Trinity term in the pav, anything and everything else is just a (very nice) bonus.

gilroyb wrote:
    getting very annoyed at the automated air vents.

Someone from the library went medieval on their asses a week or so ago which means the loud annoying ones aren't activated.

Which, in itself, is quite a woohoo. Now, if someone could see to it to educate (perhaps 'eradicate' which while wouldn't make grammatical sense would still make me feel better) people how to turn off the windows start-up / close-down sound in the library I'd be happy.

pulp.jpg

Tomorrow is my last day of lectures. I'd say "ever" but I think it'll be a case of just like after the Leaving Cert finishing saying "I'll never have to study again."

Either way, yippee...

I had my last lecture there the other day, was emotional. Was fitting it was my all time zoological hero that gave it to (FJ).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Stupid bloody evil bastard of a marketing project finally (finally!!) went in today. I don't even care what grade it gets; I'm just so happy that it's out of the way and I can stop worrying about what new chart she'll introduce in the next lecture that "absolutely has to be in the project or I won't mark it!". Seriously, the one thing I miss about the Leaving Cert is the relative certainty of format and course requirements; nothing irritates me more than lecturers suddenly changing their minds about what they want halfway through a project's timeframe, except of course lecturers changing their mind in every single lecture for the past 4 weeks. But still, happy thoughts. Only 16 days til Frisbee intervarsities!

*cough* only 4 till schols *cough*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭BrenC

It looks like a good day for the pav :)
    After I hand up my assignment later, I'll be there! Woooo

• Advertisement

Econometrics project in. SER submission in. One lecture to go this term, and it's econometrics. I'm on such a high, I feel like I won't need to go to bed until late next week. According to Awayindahils and her friend I look tired and burned out though. Who cares? I feel like embracing the world.

Advertisement