Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

the course you are doing

• 27-07-2005 9:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭

if you wer'e to go back in time would you still do the same course your doing now?

eg if points didnt matter etc..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Lighthouse_Cat

I dunno. Probably, but I'd pay a bit more attention in 2nd year this time round. Saying that, zoology could be interesting, as could dentistry. Don't know how one becomes a dentist, but it's always been something that's intrigued me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

I'm doing Zoology :-).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

probally CA in dcu or Comp Sys in UL................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

didn't we have this discussion before, if not i somehow vividly remember ian saying the above all ready. i refuse to think backwards about this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

might have briefly...but no harm done

i wouldn't have minded being a pilot in the air corps or done graphic design in NCAD, food science/ UCD (and would have got grant for 1,000eur if i did this)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

I'd probably stick with the same one, I'd definitely do Sociology anyway but maybe do it in TSM or else SocSocPol if not in BESS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

I have a BESS student trapped inside me. At least i've no more chemistry labs, my inner BESS-ness used to get freaked out by the white lab coats.

I'd have liked to have studied economics and sociology, econ. to satisfy my graph-loving side and sociology 'cos (tbh) it's got a cool name.

But, i think the coolest course title in TCD is 'Physics and Chemistry of Advanced Materials', if i were studying that whenever ppl would go "what?" i could reply casually, "oh, it's pretty much rocket science".

Oh, or Latin or Classics, that would be fun. And, there's nursing, i think being a midwife would be a great career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Bit cheesy but I love my course (SocSocPol) and can't think of anything else I'd rather do. Unless it was go to Starfleet Academy or something maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Dunno. I thought about doing medicine for a while, but I don't think I'd be cut out for the long hours. And English/Music would be fun, but what to do when you graduate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

cuckoo wrote:
    I have a BESS student trapped inside me.

What the hell? Well let the poor guy out! Is that legal?

Personally I wouldn't have done my course in UCD if I'd had more points. I would have loved to have gone to DCU. Maybe to do journalism. Or something in business.

• Advertisement
Advertisement