Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

v220

• 27-07-2005 10:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭

just wanted to warn everyone who'll listen not to buy a motorola v220 under any circumstances. it will break and when you get it fixed it'll break again. and when you get it replaced that one will break. getting the picture?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Don't know much about the reliability of the phone, but the phone itself as phones go is pretty crappy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 1985

the battery on mine packed in after 2 months, so i just cut my losses and gave up on it

went running back to nokia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

yeah my friend got it on speakeasy last week and the battery is fcuked and guess what he got annoyed and threw it in the bin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

btw im not goin by my own experience. i work in a phone shop and 80% of the repair book is the v220. ive told customers that we dont have it in stock even though we do just to save them the hassle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭maidhc

is it just me or are most mobile phones these days awful? My experiences (not all mine - some owned by family:

Old
    Nokia 1611 - Worked, some brick though
    Siemens c25 - boring, but worked
    Nokia 6150 - brilliant
    Siemens m35 - freebe, worked grand
    Siemens s45 - brilliant, but keys a little iffy, still being used
    Moto v66i - brilliant, still being used
    Nokia one with rubber body -brilliant, still used

New
    Sendo s330 - Died, replaced, dumped
    Motorola v220 - serious build quality issues, repaired
    Siemens c65 - awful, crashes all the time, even after being sent back
    Motorola v180 - good, but weird irregular battery life, sometimes hangs up after 7 minutes....

Does it make sense to spend a bit of money on a phone? Do they tend to be more reliable then?

• Advertisement
Advertisement