Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford CC Boundary extension proposal

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

The Minister can stop it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Bond-007 wrote:
    The Minister can stop it.

It's only a matter of time anyway. Get over it!!:D :D :v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Freddie59 wrote:
    It's only a matter of time anyway. Get over it!!:D :D :v:
    It won't. There will be civil disobiedience. The KK ppl will block the bridge. They will bring blaa land to its knees. :D

Bond-007 wrote:
    The KK ppl will block the bridge. :D

But they'll eventually die of starvation. No work - no income!;) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭googie

Cabaal wrote:
    Speaking from experience, there's alot more Anti-Kilkenny sentiment in Waterford then their is Anti-Waterford sentiment in Kilkenny.

Freddie59, your comment above is the perfect example and I can see your helping this trend out.... :rolleyes:

People in Kilkenny don't give a crap of people from Carlow etc come down and work in Kilkenny, but yet alot of Waterford people seem to have a massive chip on their shoulders when Kilkenny people work in Waterford, personally I see no reason for this as in the end the employer will choose who's best at the job.

Strange, they dont seem to have the same problem with Kilkenny people shopping in Waterford. It would have a huge impact on businesses in Waterford if the custom from Kilkenny people was no longer there

• Advertisement

googie wrote:
    Strange, they dont seem to have the same problem with Kilkenny people shopping in Waterford. It would have a huge impact on businesses in Waterford if the custom from Kilkenny people was no longer there

Oh - yes! You're probably right there. All 50,000+ of us who live in the City couldn't survive without the couple of thousand of you over there. Yeah we'd starve alright if you boycotted us.......NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!:D :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Jesper

When are all the Waterford people going to stop their whinning over the fact that the Shi**y IT doesn't produce students to the grade acceptable for the FOREIGN NATIONAL COMPANIES who hire in Waterford. They don't much care about locations and will hire the best applicant. Since Blaa's aren't available anywhere else most Waterford People go to WIT and fall short in the long run. Little did you know Blaa's were actually going to be you're downfall. O the irony.
    So stop being muppetts and giving out about "Bridge crossers" when you don't have the quality to fill jobs in you're own town.

Jesper wrote:
    When are all the Waterford people going to stop their whinning over the fact that the Shi**y IT doesn't produce students to the grade acceptable for the FOREIGN NATIONAL COMPANIES who hire in Waterford. They don't much care about locations and will hire the best applicant. Since Blaa's aren't available anywhere else most Waterford People go to WIT and fall short in the long run. Little did you know Blaa's were actually going to be you're downfall. O the irony.
    So stop being muppetts and giving out about "Bridge crossers" when you don't have the quality to fill jobs in you're own town.

Amazing then, if you have such a pool of knowledge that the aformentioned foreign companies choose to LOCATE IN WATERFORD CITY!!! Sure the drones have to come from somewhere - may as well be Transylv......sorry.....Kilkenny!!!!D :D:D

Freddie59 wrote:
    Not the same argument. There isn't the sme animosity practiced against Dublin by their neighbours as there is against Waterford by Kilkenny. Yeah there are a few working in Kilkenny. I saw the three of them heading over the Bridge the other morning.:eek:

Sorry - cancel that. It was only the City Planner, the Mayor, and someone else heading over......:D :D:D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Freddie59 wrote:
    Amazing then, if you have such a pool of knowledge that the aformentioned foreign companies choose to LOCATE IN WATERFORD CITY!!! Sure the drones have to come from somewhere - may as well be Transylv......sorry.....Kilkenny!!!!D :D:D

Wow I'm so amazed with your posts Freddie, with all your smart comments you still have not replied to my post which is now over 1 month old.
    Sure I guess your just a bitter person eh? ;)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=3512026&postcount=27

I'm also amazed that for somebody *apparently* from waterford, you post more in this forum then the Waterford forum...what gives?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Freddie59, stop trolling. You are on a warning, one more post of zero value designed to annoy and you're out of Kilkenny, Waterford and South-East forums.

Mike.

Cabaal wrote:
    Wow I'm so amazed with your posts Freddie, with all your smart comments you still have not replied to my post which is now over 1 month old.
    Sure I guess your just a bitter person eh? ;)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=3512026&postcount=27

I'm also amazed that for somebody *apparently* from waterford, you post more in this forum then the Waterford forum...what gives?

Emmmmm............seeing as you're a moderator I would refer you to page 2 of this post where I indirectly replied. If you bother reading it you will see.:rolleyes: Reason I'm over here is that some dude was giving Waterford a hard time over on the Waterford Forum. I did argue at length with him on that, but he did a runner over here, and I will (and make no apologies for it) continue to defend Waterford in ANY forum. Have you a problem with this? Is it not a free forum??:confused::confused::confused:

mike65 wrote:
    Freddie59, stop trolling. You are on a warning, one more post of zero value designed to annoy and you're out of Kilkenny, Waterford and South-East forums.

Mike.

I can't understand why? What is 'trolling'?:confused: And - don't take offence at this - I have read many anti-Waterford posts where the ritual hurling, etc, arguments are trotted out in an attempt to 'annoy' the Waterford side.

For example from Jesper earlier in this post:
    Jesper wrote:

Can we not reply in kind? And I presume Jesper will also receive a warning?:confused:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Freddie59 wrote:
    Emmmmm............seeing as you're a moderator I would refer you to page 2 of this post where I indirectly replied. If you bother reading it you will see.:rolleyes:

I'm a mod for VoIP & Windows, I'm not a mod for South East so its not like I go through every single thread in this forum.
    Freddie59 wrote:
    I can't understand why? What is 'trolling'?:confused:

May I suggest you take a look at wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Troll

Its helpful if you don't understand things :)

Cabaal wrote:
    I'm a mod for VoIP & Windows, I'm not a mod for South East so its not like I go through every single thread in this forum.

Yes -but you accused me of not replying to your post. I was merely pointing out your error.:eek:

Cabaal wrote:
    May I suggest you take a look at wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Troll
    Its helpful if you don't understand things :)

Only in Cyberspace would you get something like this! So - if I 'inflame' someone (by my point of view) I am 'trolling'??!! In real life this would be considered a heated debate. Just as well the same rules don't apply on Questions and Answers. If anyone saw the programme regarding travellers last week they would understand what I mean.

I apologise if anyone has taken offence.........but at the same time would urge everyone to lighten up. You've got to take it as well as give it. That's life.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Think about it...

What would you expect to happen if you went onto a star trek forum and posted something along the lines of "star trek is a load of sh1t, and you all suck for liking it".
    You'd be banned pretty fast.

Stephen wrote:
    Think about it...

What would you expect to happen if you went onto a star trek forum and posted something along the lines of "star trek is a load of sh1t, and you all suck for liking it".

Also lets use a real life example (non-cyberspace :v:)
    You don't go into a football club shouting about how much you dislike football and think rugby is better...in fairness its only looking for trouble :D
    Freddie59 wrote:
    Yes -but you accused me of not replying to your post. I was merely pointing out your error.:eek:

Your indirect reply is not totally clear so forgive me for not realising you replied to my post,
    Your indirect reply (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=50423716&postcount=37) to googie's post (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=50414363&postcount=36) where googie replied to my post. :v:

Stephen wrote:
    Think about it...

Right - point taken. This is my last word on the issue. My reason for castigating Kilkenny was initiated by the original poster - Daithi. This is a line from his post (page 1):

The words Land Grabbing ******** comes to mind

I would presume that this is indicative of what Mike65 terms "post of zero value designed to annoy" Mike - we Irish are a nation of debaters.....soemtimes we don't like what others say and that is what makes it fun. I would respectfully suggest that in future the rules be relaxed in order to allow greater freedom of discussion and expression.

Daithi has, as you call it, 'trolled' between both Waterford and Kilkenny forums, castigating Waterford in the process. I am merely exercising my right to reply.

If we're going to have rules then so be it.....but apply them fairly and across the board(s!). Otherwise leave well enough alone.:)

Well, I don't read the waterford forum so have no idea about anyone trolling it, but surely if he's doing that you can just complain to the moderator of that forum as well?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 deise bhoy

Dont be too upset lads,someday if your really lucky the fantastic county of Waterford with all its good citizens of Eire will take over the backwoods little town of Kilkenny.Then all your youngsters will have something more to do than stand around supervalue with their hurls pretending to be dj.You should thank the lord,then the kids could get a good education and mabey grow up to be more than bloody farmer looking tramps:)

Oh shove it up your hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Rodo

I couldn't care less who came over the bridge to work, they can be from Kilkenny or someplace where the custom is to have a bone in their nose and a grass skirt, What's the big deal about ????
    Is the land proposed some sort of El Dorado that everyone has only just found out about, NO
    Didn't someone say Kilkenny CoCo had no plans for the area, or words to that effect, YES, so why not leave Waterford CoCo develop it.

However I do agree with Freddie that they are forever going on and on about the hurling, and rightly so, they are good at it, but wouldn't it be nice to have something else to rabbit on about ?????

As for the post in the Kilkenny forum about Waterford being associatied with Berlin ???
    Wasn't Berlin the city broken divided between the Allies ?
    I suppose you're right Waterford is quite similar as we have many dominations, Eastern Europeans, Asians, Africans. oh nearly forgot Kilkenny people too working here :)

deise bhoy wrote:
    Dont be too upset lads,someday if your really lucky the fantastic county of Waterford with all its good citizens of Eire will take over the backwoods little town of Kilkenny.<snip>

Oh so brave that you reged a new username just to say that....amazing :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Right, enough!

I could proberly ban everyone on this thread for something or other, but instead I'm closing it.

Clearly the idiotic tribal/jersey nonsense which so damns this countries progress into the 20th century lives and breaths so if i see another thread about the county line I'll simply lock and bin it.

Its not like anyone of us will decide the issue anyway.

Mike.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement