Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just Signed Up For IBB!!!

• 28-07-2005 12:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭

Im trying to look at the pros and cons of my situation right now im on a 3Mbps/256Kbps And paying around a €100 a month and have no problems and am happy with it, But with IBB I can get 3Mbps/3Mbps for only €84 a month but all I hear is its crap but when i first went to sign up for Digiweb I was reading the very same thing about them and that was wrong...so I have been spending the last two weeks saying will I or wont I :confused: today i just said screw it il take a chance its prob going to be a bad choice who knows.
    but il tell ya one thing if it is crap it will be out the door and IBB will get sweet f00k all from me.

Has anyone got IBB in Limerick?
    Is there any Download CAP?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

I just signed up for 2mb/2mb and I'm in Waterford only because BT have screwed me over and over and want nearly €1000 from me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

With DSL when you upload it would affect your download
    is this the same with wireless?

kensutz wrote:
    I just signed up for 2mb/2mb and I'm in Waterford only because BT have screwed me over and over and want nearly €1000 from me.

Bet you went over your CAP??

We could be screwed over by IBB but fek it im going for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Macker1

Fair Play for being so brave.

So was Custer and we all know what happened LOL :eek:

I didnt have a cap as I'm on business with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

No download cap on the 2Mb service.

I'm on IBB in Limerick and like a lot of people it was mostly fine the first month. However recently, I have been getting heavy packet loss for the last week or two. In the last couple of days the packet loss has eased up slightly while pings have gotten worse. I regret having switched from Esat and I'm counting the days till Smart rolls out in Limerick so I can drop this 3rd rate service.

2Mb upload sounds great, however constantly getting kicked from game servers, downloads being dropped and browsing increasingly becoming a pain, this service does not live up to expectations.

BTW the Clarion hotel mast is 300 metres LOS from my apartment and this fact hasn't spared me any grief.

My advice to you is learn to live with 256kb uploads.

Is there a minimum length to stay with them

Jilm i will never use the connection for gaming so I wont mind that
    but are your upload/download speeds ok?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

ricey wrote:
    At the moment it's 2Mb/s each way, this is subject to change with periodic packet loss and lag spikes. If you don't mind unpredictable pings and a less than reliable service you could be one of those rare breeds ...a happy IBB customer ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

ricey wrote:

ricey read all the wonderful threads about IBB !

your a brave man !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

kensutz wrote:
    Is there a minimum length to stay with them

Tell us more about the €1000 owed to BT as it looks like a very interesting story???

Being on the Business package since they first offered it, they started to do a special deal where the normal 512k package would be €45 instead of the normal €90 and the 1Mb package would be at the €90 rate. So I rang up and asked if it was possible to get upgraded to the 1Mb package at the same cost as what I was paying for the 512k package. I was dealing directly with some sort of manager there and he said that he'd send out the forms to me and it's only a matter of filling them in and sending them back.

A week went by when everything was filled out and I got upgraded to the 1Mb package. About 3 weeks later in came a letter with a bill for €640 or thereabouts. They charged me for the old cost of a 1Mb business line and the 3 months in advance. I rang them up and they told me to cancel my direct debit while they sort it out and they will send me an invoice for the correct amount. 6 months later and still no sign of it yet they're insisting I pay up at the old cost and want to include late payments arrears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Their billing department must be staffed by the biggest shower of stupid bastards!!!
    Whenever I hear a complain about BT its always about their payment systems....everything else offered is as good as you get in Ireland....but their billing department.....damn!!!!

They'll get debt collectors or even worse |solicitors| after you it you just run though!!!

Advertisement