Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very High Res Images of New York

Options
  • 28-07-2005 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Lads

Am trying to make a present for a very close friends upcoming birthday. She recently returned from New York after living there for a year and I can tell she is missing it alot already, her heart is still in New York to be honest..

What I want to do is get between 4 and 6 very high res images of New York (Skyline, Central Park, Landmarks etc...) and get them printed on 4foot pieces or card. Basically the intention is to place the 4 or 6 images side by side that she can mount on her call..

I am not sure if I explained myselft properly..

Can any of you guys recommend somewhere where I could get these printed. Also, do you guys have any such photos or have any suggestions on how to go about getting them.

Would really appreciate any help you can give me..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭astec123

You could always photoshop together an image using google maps or earth. But as for the shots, have you tried a google image search? Also any place that develops digital pics will do it for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭littlejukka

there's a framing studio on liffey street opposite the m&s entrance that sell them, probably pretty pricey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭littlejukka

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Well, you could altavista it, and get some pics, like this one**, or the ones here (which look cool, some are big, some aren't).

**Oh, and one thing to make sure of: they're 2002, or newer. If you ask why, remember the skyline before 2002. Yeah, that may not be as nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

There's a nice sat photo of NY here... http://www.spaceimaging.com/gallery/international/manhatn.htm

Ooh, I've just spotted the World Trade Center in that pic... hmm yeah, as syco said... might be better if these pictures don't serve as a constant reminder of 9/11.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Cheers for the quick feedback lads...

I have a few ariel shots from satelites already but was hoping you boys may have had something.. Dont know why...

Yeah I know the place on Liffey Street.. Want to pic the images myself, more personal or something..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Gegerty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

May/may not be what you are looking for but try http://digitalgallery.nypl.org/nypldigital/index.cfm for some more retro shots. High res versions available for 30 american pesos

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

Hi Lads

Am trying to make a present for a very close friends upcoming birthday. She recently returned from New York after living there for a year and I can tell she is missing it alot already, her heart is still in New York to be honest..

What I want to do is get between 4 and 6 very high res images of New York (Skyline, Central Park, Landmarks etc...) and get them printed on 4foot pieces or card. Basically the intention is to place the 4 or 6 images side by side that she can mount on her call..

I am not sure if I explained myselft properly..

Can any of you guys recommend somewhere where I could get these printed. Also, do you guys have any such photos or have any suggestions on how to go about getting them.

Would really appreciate any help you can give me..

There is a small shop- don't know the name of the street. Ill describe....

If you come across the ha'penny bridge going north - go up liffey street (past pravda) Go to the end of the street - the luas crosses the there(abbey st).
    You cross the luas tracks the street is in front of you just staggered to the left...
    It has a door to Arnots on it and goes onto Henry st. :)

Anyway there is a little shop on the left before the arnots door that sells lovely high res laminated wide shots of skylines....inlcuding manhattan

You might want to get your own printed though....good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭daram

This is of nearly completely no use, but it is new york and it's certaintly high res. And it's cool. Very cool.

Link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

there is some sweet ass pics on that site cheers for that link!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Gareth2303

What comes to mind first, is www.sxc.hu for Stock photos, all pics are High res,and after a quick signup, i think you'll be able to search for New York :D

Advertisement