Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I haxored the garda website

Options
  • 28-07-2005 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 78,417 ✭✭✭✭

Well not quite.

If one takes a look at http://www.garda.ie/angarda/press.html , it shows 5 PRs for July and 10 for June, but if you hover your mouse over the hyperlink, it shows PRs for June run to number 27 at least. Unfortunately, I can't seem to access those other pages. Aside from the privileged [strike]leaks[/strike] briefings for media security correspondants, one wonders if the are telling "the whole truth".

I'm wondering what the "political" implications of the following chair shufflling is? I take it that Human Resources may not be an actual promotion. I'm also wondering why there is "Crime and Security" and separately "Security and Intelligence".

http://www.garda.ie/angarda/press_story2.html
    Garda Management - Appointments and transfers
    Garda Commissioner Noel Conroy today is pleased to announce today, 21.7.05, new managerial appointments and changes within An Garda Síochána as outlined hereunder. These changes will take effect over the next two to three weeks.

Assistant Commissioners.

1. Newly appointed Assistant Commissioner Michael McAndrew will move from Security and Intelligence, Garda Headquarters to Anglesea Street Garda Station to take charge of the Southern Region.

2 .Newly appointed Assistant Commissioner Martin Donnellan will move from the Garda Bureau of Criminal Investigation to Sligo Garda Station to take charge of the Northern Region.

3. Assistant Commissioner Catherine Clancy currently in charge of the Northern Region will move from Sligo Garda Station to Garda Headquarters with responsibility for Human Rescource Management.

4. Assistant Commissioner Walter Rice currently in charge of Human Resource Management will move to Crime and Security, Garda Headquarters.

Chief Superintendents.

The following changes will take place at Chief Superintendent level:-

1. Newly promoted Chief Superintendent Timothy Maher, will move from Crime and Security to Security and Intelligence, Garda Headquarters.

2. Newly promoted Chief Superintendent Mary McGinn,will move from Glenties Garda Station to Letterkenny Garda Station.

3. Chief Superintendent Noel White, will move from Letterkenny Garda Station to National Bureau of Criminal Investigation.

Superintendents.

Comments

Advertisement