Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blog email reminder error

Options
  • 28-07-2005 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭

I tried to get an email reminder for my blog password and got the following
    The e-mail could not be sent.
    Possible reason: your host may have disabled the mail() function...

Now it did get passed this point on Monday but the email never arrived. I've tried with another email address and it recognised it wasn't incorrect. :confused:
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

It keeps telling me that my username isn't recognised so I can't get the e-mail with my password.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Insatiable Princess Trainee Accountant?

Raowr.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Shhh!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I'm getting this:
    The e-mail could not be sent.
    Possible reason: your host may have disabled the mail() function...

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

you know guys, I'm just throwing this out here, but maybe, they disabled the mail() function.

Whadaya think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Why would they do that? I'm sure there's a number of us that can't log into the "yet-another-new-look" blog section and would like to find out what our passwords are.

well, I know there was a problem with outgoing mail a week or two ago.

This could be an extension of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

CuLT wrote:
    you know guys, I'm just throwing this out here, but maybe, they disabled the mail() function.

Whadaya think?

I think they should reenable it so I can get back into my blog, I've been locked out of it for weeks now.

I'll add that I did pay for this service.

Evil Phil wrote:
    I think they should reenable it so I can get back into my blog, I've been locked out of it for weeks now.

I'll add that I did pay for this service.
    You paid for a service?

I was under the impression that you donated some money and that you were given a subscriber pack as a token of appreciation?

Things might have changed somewhat since the subscriber pack was introduced though.

In any case, I have a blog and I'm not a subscriber. All the mods do, at least. So you're not paying for a blog.

Advertisement