Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Strange noise from car

Options
  • 28-07-2005 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

I noticed there's a strange noise coming from the car, it think its from the engine.
    It sound a bit like a tjirp or something (if that makes sense) and you only hear it a 2000rpm under acceleration, not in neutral.
    Any one have any clue as to what it may be?
    Thanks,

Jozi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

What type of car, and what year ?

Could be many things, clutch release bearing, engine mount, exhaust, subframe bushing !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

1.3 mazda demio '99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

jozi wrote:
    I.....
    It sound a bit like a tjirp or something (if that makes sense) and you only hear it a 2000rpm under acceleration, not in neutral.

Jozi

In what gear(s), all, one or none?.

Any change it is simple "pinging" from being in too high a ger and too low on the revs?.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

All gears. Once you have the engine workking hard it makes a kind of tjirping sound at exactlly 2000rpm.
    Cars dont have a clutch bell do they like my remote control car? It reminded me of that olny the sound from the car is different.
    Sounds like its coming from the front to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

Don't know, it could be anything. only other thing I can think of is perhaps a head sheild is vibrating on the exhaust, they tend to resonate and particular frequencies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement