Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graded Results

• 28-07-2005 10:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭

Results of last nights Graded Meet are up.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭epo addict

it was a very good night for running in irishtown last night..Great to see a bigger turn out than normal..So surprised at the amount of women in the 800m,its about time they got there arses out to race..All season there has been a very bad turnout of women(its a disgrace)...Also what a cock up with the 2000m steeplechase..The athletes are on the line ready to race and then the lads get told they have to wait half n hour as there was no water in the water pit..It would only happen in Ireland!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

epo addict wrote:
    it was a very good night for running in irishtown last night..Great to see a bigger turn out than normal..So surprised at the amount of women in the 800m,its about time they got there arses out to race..All season there has been a very bad turnout of women(its a disgrace)...Also what a cock up with the 2000m steeplechase..The athletes are on the line ready to race and then the lads get told they have to wait half n hour as there was no water in the water pit..It would only happen in Ireland!

The problem with the Steeple was the barrier at the water jump, the hole was something like an eigth of an inch off so they couldn't get the bolt through to hold it up. Some of the 800's were very good, such as the Grade B whre DSD's Eoin McCormack went at the bell, a well run 1.59

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 groovyspoon

Its a pity that the graded mettings are over so early. There is no reason why they couldn't go on throughout August. I'm always hearing people complaining that they can't get a race late in the season. Some people, for whatever reason, peak late and are only in 'PB' form when all the races suddenly dry up.

I wasn't as impressed with last wednesdays meeting as most. Don't get me wrong, there were a few good performances and I too was surprised to see such a good turnout for the womens 800. Yet again, the organisation was a bit off. I saw someone trying to set up a PA. They had speakers set up on the balcony but nothing, no one stepped up to the mic! If you weren't an athlete racing on the day, you wouldn't have a clue what was going on. No times, no names, no results. If these meetings are to continue in the future, there needs to be a serious 're-vamp'. These meetings used to be great for getting fast runs in. There used to be a great atmosphere and you we're always guaranteed a good turnout. What has happened?

I might be just a little peed off after my run in the 400 - wanted to break 50 again but only managed... 50.00!!! How cruel the gods are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭epo addict

yeah i noticed the sound system up on the balcony but yet no one used it on the night... They start the graded league to early as i remember the 1st of this years series and it was bloody freezing,way too cold for the track season.. All the times were a lot slower..Still i'd prefer if the graded races took place in ringsend as santry's track has no bounce..I agree that there should be graded races in august as its good month weather wise and most athletes are in PB shape..Only track race left me for is the Mazda league..A few of the lads i train with ran there last track race on wed and 1 or 2 are racing at tha AAI games in santry on sat then its track season over..

Advertisement