Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets Talk Admin .

Options
  • 28-07-2005 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭

Right , as a clan we have always ran our servers fairly strictly , but then I suppose it is a different game . So I am looking for comment as it is left up to me to admin ours during the day ( and most of the night ).

I use BF2CC to admin , it's easy to use but a bit of a pain to alt tab to as my pc struggles anyways with bf2 .

As regards the admin'in we are thinking of turning off "punishtk" , well some of the clan are and some of us are not so sure . Also some of them want "balance teams" turned off and some don't .

We will stick with the usual , warn for spamming , kick for being an ass , ban for being a confirmed ass . As for cheating , well we haven't been playing long enough to know whether a player is alot better than us ( easy ) or using " extra help" , so for now there is nothing we can do on that score , but we will be trying to keep it as clean as possible and open to any suggestions .

So anyone else tgot any help/tips/do's/don't's........................

John.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Stay away from the Stop Server button is my advise.

Its a powerful tool that BF2CC. I havent had to use it for anything other then a map change (or just mess warning some people).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Leave auto_balance on or you'll just end up moving people from team to team throughout the game, but set it up so that commanders and people in squads aren't moved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

i think turning off punish tk is a good idea. Its obvious if someone is intentionally tk'ing, and they can be kicked. Just look for the moron with -12 score :rolleyes:
    It should just be like the way it was in bfv, where for a tk you automatically lose 2 points and thats it. and if someones persistently tk'ing, you jsut vote them out or have an admin kick them. This punish tk bullsh!t is really spoiling the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Deadwing wrote:
    i think turning off punish tk is a good idea. Its obvious if someone is intentionally tk'ing, and they can be kicked. Just look for the moron with -12 score :rolleyes:

Id agree with you there deadwing, ive been punished for teammates going over my mines after i warned them :eek: , and then punished :(
    If you always have an admin on the server i say leave the kicking and warning to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Is your server ranked? If it is, what you can do will be limited, iirc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

If the server is unranked then you have the option of throwing in a lot of python scripts into the bf2 server. If any of you guys are decent programmers it shouldnt be too much work then throwing some in. With the use of python as a scripting language it does give you the ability to modify a lot within the gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

the_syco wrote:
    Is your server ranked? If it is, what you can do will be limited, iirc.

Both servers are ranked .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Deadwing wrote:
    the game

Its not always that simple. A player can play a proper game clock up a good few points then start Tking and when you warn him and are about to kick him the muppet just leaves the server before you get the satisfiaction to kick him.

Leave team balance on I say unless you have players that like being the oposition and like to play 2 V 30 games. You tend to find in most battlefeild games every one wants to be americans unless team balance is on. It can spoil a server.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

AFAIK, you can't touch the auto-balance on a ranked server so question answered :)

You also can't modify the punish system.

Ponster wrote:
    AFAIK, you can't touch the auto-balance on a ranked server so question answered :)

You also can't modify the punish system.

Well we changed the punish system to off last night and it stayed that way , so it seems you can , still haven't touched the balance teams option as most of us want it on more than we want to play with the same clan guys .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

If you have more then one bf2 server running you can just say run one of them as a ranked server with the options left as ea like then have the other one running as unranked and have whatever settings and mods you desire on it.

For the moment both of ours are ranked .

Advertisement