Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mourinho's tough life

• 28-07-2005 12:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho claimed his job is the hardest in football because of the seemingly unlimited transfer funds at his disposal.

Since last summer, Mourinho has spent over £100m, but he moaned: "Buying players for Chelsea is the hardest job in the Premier League.

"We want big players from good teams and they don't want to sell. They ask for crazy money, it's very difficult.

"At a smaller club, I could buy six players for £20m - that's easier."

It is unlikely Mourinho will find many sympathisers, especially just weeks after the Blues landed Shaun Wright-Phillips for £21m.

And Stamford Bridge could soon be welcoming Lyon midfielder Michael Essien if a reported £21m deal can be concluded.

Certainly, no other club in the game can match Chelsea's financial muscle - courtesy of chairman Roman Abramovich.

But Mourinho said: "You think it's easy buying a goalkeeper or a central defender or a midfielder?

"Where can I buy the players that are better than what I already have?

"For the big teams it is more difficult to choose players because you might buy a player that doesn't improve you."

Its a rough life

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭MooShop

God it must be hard for him having all that money to spend and getting paid millions himself for doing it. Stressful stuff i'd say :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Yeah, I'd hate to have all that money :rolleyes:

I think every club should follow Lyon's example; fleece the hell out of them for every penny you can :)
    Chelsea are trying to rob their best player so Lyon are just saying, well, you can have him, but you have to pay a hell of a lot. Now they're asking for 32 million plus a Chelsea player. I think they are dead right--everyone knows Chelsea has the money, why not just hold them to ransom? And if they don't want to pay, fine, they don't get their player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Chelsea are trying to rob their best player

When United signed Park, were they trying to "rob" PSV's best player?
    And for Van Nistelrooy?
    What about Rooney?
    Did Liverpool "rob" Villarreal of their goalkeeper?
    Are Arsenal trying to "rob" Baptista from Sevilla?
    Why is the perspective different for Chelsea?

People's pettiness towards Chelsea never ceases to make me laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Bateman wrote:
    They only want him because United do. ;)

It couldnt possibly be because he is a good player (hence why United want him in the first place).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Bateman wrote:
    When United signed Park, were they trying to "rob" PSV's best player?
    And for Van Nistelrooy?
    What about Rooney?
    Did Liverpool "rob" Villarreal of their goalkeeper?
    Are Arsenal trying to "rob" Baptista from Sevilla?
    Why is the perspective different for Chelsea?

Alright, maybe I phrased it wrong. Being a United fan we have been in the same boat plenty of times, taking team's best players. My beef with Chelsea is their whole attitude, the whole 'money talks' thing. Not just players, but what about Frank Arnesan?(sorry if it's spelt wrong). They just swooped in and bought out one of Tottenham's most important figures. I just think they completely lack any ethics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

tell me,did RVN or robben not visit old trafford for a "chat" with some of the people from united without the knowledge or permission from their respective clubs?

great ethics

pot meet the kettle,kettle meet the pot...im sure you will be quite happy together

Advertisement