Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend some PS2 Games

Options
  • 28-07-2005 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Now, I am ONLY interested in either FPS, action, or free roaming games with emphasis on combat fighting (fighting force type)

So anything like a third person action game, a FPS, a combat sim sim, etc, can anyone recommend any good ones?

The only games I've bought have so far are Killzone, great game, Unreal Tournament, clunky PC conversion, Sarges War, not worth the change from a pint, and Secret Weapons over normandy, another great game.

I've my eye on Global Conflict, World War Zero, Cold Winter, Kill Switch and a few others in a similar line, so anymore recommendations would be great,thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Don't know if it'd be in the line of what your after, but I personally reccomend

Timesplitters - Future Perfect

Not a bad game stand-alone, Excellent in multi-player, and cheap enough to pick up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

I think you've got a decent list there, although I've yet to play any of the ones you mentioned. Is killzone good? I was thinking of buying it (its fairly cheap now ) but it didn't get great reviews.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

God of War is absolutely brilliant. If you don't have it it should be priority no. 1.
    Devil May Cry 3 and Viewtiful Joe 1+2 are fantastic but the challenge is very steep.
    Area 51 is getting mixed reviews as is MOH:EA and Cold Winter.

Don't bother with Kill.Switch. It's average at best.

If you want a pure action game then there is nothing that beats Gradius V on the PS2 for pure unadulterated thrills and adrenaline.

Sprinkles, Killzone is a load of my arse. There are far better FPS games on the PS2 than that generic tosh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

apparently world war zero is very good. it's only around 15 quid too.

devil may cry 3 is amazing tbh. and i highly reccomend god of war also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

but mobile isnt after devil may cry or god of war, didnt you read the post?? Sheesh...its army games, people!!! :D
    Full spectrum warrior is out on ps2, i hear good things bout that game, dunno bout the ps2 version tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

No matter what type of game you prefer, God of War is worth buying.

And it fits into his "third person action game" category ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

the best third-person action game i've played in years was freedom fighters. class act.. if only it was online, but 2 player ctf is cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yeah Freedom Fighters is great, must get that. World War Zero, tried to pick it up today, and after seeing it for months, they seem to be all out of stock....althought, I did see it at my girlfriends house, in her brothers room....wanted to buy it off him, but he wouldnt have it!

Full spectrum warrior, bit too heavy for me, want to just get into some mindless blasting. Had it on the xbox though, great stuff if you had an evening free.
    Sprinkles, Killzone is a load of my arse. There are far better FPS games on the PS2 than that generic tosh.

Its as predictable as a tv guide, but I have to admit its good fun, really getting into it. Probably the most solid looking shooter I've played on the ps2 in any case, shame it wasn't made for the xbox...

Advertisement