Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thursday at Galway

• 28-07-2005 1:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭

1.50 Amid The Chaos
    One of Weld's horses, Ruby on board, need I say more? I don't even need to disclose it's great forum recently.

2.25 Dalian Dawn
    This is a two horse race between Star Horse and Dalian Dawn, who let me down recently but I'm willing to forgive it, and give it another shot here. Once again, it's Ruby on board. B J Geragthy is on Star Horse.

3.00 Stage Right (EW)
    Had a bad run out last time at Galway. I don't think it was justified, however I am taking this into account and only going with a small e/w bet here.

3.45 Cloone River
    No comment needed, see Fade's NAP for today. I put a big wager on this horse last nite, got it at 9/4.

4.25 Stylist
    Another one of Weld's horses. I think Weld is just testing this horse today, looking to give it a run to see how well it performs, came sixth last time over this distance. More than likely it will come nowhere, however I'm willing to put a gamble on it.
    Non-Runner, going with Anno Jubilo instead E/W

5.00 Society Hostess
    Yet another one of Weld's horses. By now you're thinking, sjones is just picking Weld horses! Well you're right. This horse is the forecasted favourite, it's a one of Weld's horses racing at Galway. Tell me one reason not to back that!

5.35 Charismatic Cat
    Impecible form, performed very well with Fallon on board over the last several races. Smullen on board today.EDIT: J A Herrnan on board :rolleyes: Should be there or thereabouts.

6.05 Picola

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

Sjones

>Stylist ran yesterday in Galway in the 4.25? finished 6th?
    dont like to back horses that run twice in any meeting, if he raced at all it takes a lot of them. cautious bout that one (good horse -think Hector picked it on the radio Wed)
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Sjones

dont like to back horses that run twice in any meeting, if he raced at all it takes a lot of them. cautious bout that one (good horse -think Hector picked it on the radio Wed)

The only thing that happend Stylist yesterday was that he didn't pick up in the back straight. The 4.25 result yesterday was a shocker to be fair, with a 25/1 winner. I was impressed with Stylist's performance, he got off well, stayed in a nice position of 4th until near the end, then just didn't give it any more. I'm not entirely convinced that the jockey asked enough of it.

But don't go backing it, not following a horse that runs twice in any meeting is probably a good way to go, and my selections rarely come anywhere anyway :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Sjones

Stylist NR

Bluetonic wrote:
    Stylist NR

Going with Anno Jubilo in replace for Stylist

1.50 5 DIX VILLEZ 2/1fav
    1 Andy Higgins 11/2
    18 Amid The Chaos 100/30
    10 Lord Haven 50/1

Money went on DIX VILLEZ just before the off, where Amid The Chaos drifted from 5/2 outwards. Punters were right :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭scargill

sjones wrote:
    5.35 Charismatic Cat
    Impecible form, performed very well with Fallon on board over the last several races. Smullen on board today. Should be there or thereabouts.

is Seamus Heffernan not on this horse ?

Hmm You're right, Smullen is on King of Tory. That's what I get for rushing things during work hours! :D

I've backed Charismatic Cat the last four times he's been out so thats why I noticed. he was second the last two times and one the two before that.

The last time on the Curragh I thought Fallon had a little bit of a job getting him going in the last furlong or so - if the line was another 100 yards away he would have won. Hopefully Seamy gets him out in front a little earlier today.

scargill wrote:
    I've backed Charismatic Cat the last four times he's been out so thats why I noticed. he was second the last two times and one the two before that.

The last time on the Curragh I thought Fallon had a little bit of a job getting him going in the last furlong or so - if the line was another 100 yards away he would have won. Hopefully Seamy gets him out in front a little earlier today.

It's a good thing you noticed. I'm prone to those slips on a busy Thursday hehe. Cheers for the input scargrill. He should be there or thereabouts. Fingers crossed :)

Dalian Dawn is still running. Star Horse 2nd place @ 9/4f

• Advertisement

Stage Right still running. Oh Galway don't do this to me! :(

Society Hostess wins at 9/2, Charismatic cat is second, got it at 7/2. Like a demon I am, had both of them on a 10 euro double. What makes it worse is I was looking at Akram in the bookies thinking, will I won't I? grr :(

well done sjones on Society Hostess. Had that one myself too.

Charismatic Cat did will enough. Was a stone worse off than when it beat King of Tory in Naas last month so has obviously improved. Oxx knew what he was doing putting Akram in this race.

Seamy Heffernan had C. Cat in the right place coming round the bend when Akram swept to the front. C. Cat doesn't seem to want to chase another horse in the run in.

Nina for me in the last.

scargill wrote:
    well done sjones on Society Hostess. Had that one myself too.

Charismatic Cat did will enough. Was a stone worse off than when it beat King of Tory in Naas last month so has obviously improved. Oxx knew what he was doing putting Akram in this race.

Seamy Heffernan had C. Cat in the right place coming round the bend when Akram swept to the front. C. Cat doesn't seem to want to chase another horse in the run in.

Nina for me in the last.

Yeah it was kinda weird to be honest, I was sat there expecting a chase but it was happy to just run on. Akram did well, as did Charismatic Cat. Could have been a totally different race if there were no non-runners, would have suited the favourite alot better I think. Best of luck in the last mate :)

Well done mate, Nina did very well. Naples ran home nicely. Good on ya :)

Nina is class.

I don't mean to shout but it has to be shouted:

DESSIE SCAHILL IS A COMPLETE MUPPET !!

At the very start of the race a horse went up in the air and the jockey went the other direction. Did he mention it ? Did he voice any concern for the the jockey or horse ?

He is dire - he only sees the first half dozen horses - forget the rest.

Last night I backed Trompoline King (as did half the country). It came in from 6/1 to 11/4 (in the last five minutes came in from 9/2 to 11/4). It was near the back of the field for most of the race. Never mentioned once. You think he'd notice where the big gamble was in the race. The only mention it got was in the last 200 yards where it got up for a place.

scargill wrote:
    Nina is class.

I don't mean to shout but it has to be shouted:

DESSIE SCAHILL IS A COMPLETE MUPPET !!

At the very start of the race a horse went up in the air and the jockey went the other direction. Did he mention it ? Did he voice any concern for the the jockey or horse ?

He is dire - he only sees the first half dozen horses - forget the rest.

Last night I backed Trompoline King (as did half the country). It came in from 6/1 to 11/4 (in the last five minutes came in from 9/2 to 11/4). It was near the back of the field for most of the race. Never mentioned once. You think he'd notice where the big gamble was in the race. The only mention it got was in the last 200 yards where it got up for a place.

I have to agree with you. I didn't even notice that, he never mentioned piccola at all, now I'm not saying it should have been mentioned because it was nowhere, but he concentrates on the first 5 or 6 horses and that's it. I was at the mallow races last year, where Risk it Paddy came from the back to come a very close second, nearly winning it, he only mentioned risk it paddy with 200 yards to go, everyone was wondering who is the horse romping home from the back?

Nina is class, she's a fine lookin thing too!

Advertisement