Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

United crash to defeat(contains scores)

• 28-07-2005 1:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

Manchester have slumped to defeat on tour of asia minor earthquakes in the area failed to unsettle the J-League leaders and Masashi Motoyama, in particular, who struck two beautiful left-footed goals past Tim Howard.
    Utd brought the big guns on at half time and didnt do nothing until ronnie provided a superb cross for giggs.Utd lose 2-1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I like the way they said they'd investigate why 3 men and a dog turned up to see the previous game! Man Utd is a team without any glamour these days.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ianomccabe

Rio Ferdinand and Van nistelrooy squared up to each other during the match!!

Haha great times to be a man u fan

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Worrying alright as the attendances were very dissapointing compared to previous years. Seems the Asians are getting tired of these tours or the appeal of football is waining. Probably a bit of both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

ianomccabe wrote:
    Rio Ferdinand and Van nistelrooy squared up to each other during the match!!

Haha great times to be a man u fan

Also Mr. Ferdinand gave an obscene gesture to the Man United fans......... what a pr!ck

Fergie please get rid of this greedy no-good paracite now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Are you serious? Any body got a link to a video?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

All over the news today man....

I'd say the lack of Beckham plays a factor too, the Asians love(d ) him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Kleberson and Ronnie played well. I think we should keep Rio until we sign a quality back to replace him. I'd say the booing took it's toll on him. In fairness what would you do if that was you out there?? I'd do the same probably because I take soccer matches very seriously even if it's only a friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Xcom2

andyman wrote:
    I'd say the booing took it's toll on him. In fairness what would you do if that was you out there??

I would say Thank's for the extra money and sign the new contract.

But that's just me!

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭elbow316

lol at Rio....and wtf is up with that prat Van Nisetelroy? He seems to be getting away with red-card style challenges and off the ball incidents in every pre-season game!
    Looks like he might be trying to force a move elsewhere for himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

lol at Rio....and wtf is up with that prat Van Nisetelroy? He seems to be getting away with red-card style challenges and off the ball incidents in every pre-season game!

Eh yeh sure.
    Or perhaps its the fact that he was retaliating for ****es tackles and elbows on him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭SteM

elbow316 wrote:

Did you see the challange that he took in Beijing (sp)? Could have been a career ender! I watched the whole match when I got home last night and didn't see Rio and RVN square up during the game, must have been afterwards and once it's in the papers you can bet they've made it sound 10x worse than it was. There's not much else to report on and stories of handbags at United always sell papers.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Its a friendly in Asia, who gives a fook in fairness, did anyone on here actually watch the match?? I take it not based on the ususal tripe posted above!

There were 40,000 fans at the match, for a friendly, most PL teams don't get this for league match!

Madrid lost 3-0 to some crap J league team, they must be in trouble too!! NOT!

RVN and Ferdinand had a spat, big fuk it happens, it would be worse if RVN did not give a toss and kept his mouth shut!

Ferdinand should be transfer listed, to be honest I don't think anyone would pay big money for him, way over rated especially in his own stupid head.

IF he did gesture to the fans he should be hammered with a fine, uncalled for behaviour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭SteM

BTW, just wanted to mention that the Japaneese fans were fantastic during the match yesterday. They kept chanting for the whole 90 minutes and were obviously loving every minute of it.

Advertisement