Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All IT People, Urgent help required, ref: PCI Modem error 633, please HELP...

Options
  • 28-07-2005 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

All IT People, Urgent help required, ref: PCI Modem error 633, please HELP…

I recently installed Microsoft xp professional, and then downloaded the drive for the PCI modem, I have (Acer Softk56 data fax Pci Moned (AMI-RA05P-X)
    And installed in via, the hardware wizard, BUT when i click dial in to the internet, I received an error,

Opening port…
    Error 633: the modem (or other connecting device) is already in use or is not configured properly,

What has gone wrong??

I’ve checked the device manager, to see if the modem is working properly, and it is.
    I’ve checked the device manager, to see if the Ports (COM & LPT) is working properly, it says it is,
    Communications port (com1)
    Communications port (com2)
    Printer port (LPT1)
    ALL SEAM FINE,

The only thing I can think of that is wrong, is in the network connections I don’t see the incoming connections icon present,
    Other then that -I’m lost mate. :confused:

WHAT DO I NEED TO DO, in order to fix this …someone- PLEASE HELP…

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭chorus techy

Try going into the Hardware or Device Manager, setting it to Disable the modem (basically, tell it to stop using it) and then Enable it again. This generally works for "jammed" up PSTN modems whereby the computer "thinks" the modems already being used.

Could be completely wrong, but hopefully that will help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

most PCI modems are Soft modems , the chips are emulated by software

If you don't install the driver in the correct order you sometimes get this error

POst a expaned pic of whats in Device manager

When you run the diagnostics on the modem in control panel ...what happens ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

In my experience modems usually create a COM3 port. It doesn't look like the modem is installed properly. Go to Control Panel/Phone and Modem options/Modems and find out what COM port the modem is installed on/attached to. The do Start/Run/hypertrm and type in garbage for the session name. In the 'connect using' drop down box, select the COM port you saw and click 'OK' twice. You should have a blank screen. If you got an error, there's something up with your driver. If you got a blank screen, type 'atdt1890923104' and tell us what happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Wandering Dazed

Advertisement