Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cork City and Longford Town UEFA CUP Games Tonight

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

Obviously some clubs have made progress in Europe and others clearly havent. Cork and longford should have won both games but have just shown up the typical brittle irish mentality when it comes to sport. Mentally very very very weak and its costing us dearly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Mentally very very very weak and its costing us dearly.

How?

Still dont get this coefficent mentality, are we supporters of clubs or a group or people with an inferiority complexe and massive chips on our shoulders?

fcuk the league its not gonna get much better, there wont be sell out games for a long long time worry about who you playing next.

Well done cork but it possibly cost them moe than gained to advance and if someone picked up an injury well less goals to be scored on sunday :D

kdjac

Take a look at corks performance. they are flying in the league but the wheel came off the cart when they play a team outside the EL. they should have won that game last night to a side who arrived on a military transport plane a few hours before kick off. Defending a 2-0 lead should be easy but CCFC made it hard for themselves. I just see it as a very weak mentality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ You are talking about something you know nothing about. You would swear you would prefer Shels just to do well in Europe and screw the rest of their form. Last time I checked, its what happens in the league is what is more important.
    Take a look at corks performance. they are flying in the league but the wheel came off the cart when they play a team outside the EL

Id hardly call a 0-2 win in eastern europe "wheels coming off the cart" - would anyone? Id hardly call beating the Swedish Champions to be 4-1 over 2 legs last season same, or defeating a decent NEC team 1-0 over 2 legs poor? Would you?

I know I kind of ranted about Cityys performance last night, but in the cold light of day, the fact of the matter is, is that City were very comfortable, and missed 3-4 good oppurtunities to put the game beyond doubt.

Moreover, you would swear that Shels basked themselves in glory everytime in the last few years. I hardly call a 0-0 draw with an unfit Steuea progress. If Shels get a result on next week, it will be, but only then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

ahhhh.. thats it... a weak mentality... i knew something was up last night :rolleyes:

In fariness, Ekranas had three chances, took one... we had about 6 or 7, and were it not for some very bad finishing (I'm looking at you liam kearney:) )we would have won comfortably.

as it is, and just in case you dont understand the concept of two legged matches jolly rodger, we got the job done over two legs, home and away.

the wheel most certainly did not "come off the cart", fact of the matter is we progressed to the second round, which AFAIK, was the plan from the start was it not?

meh.. enough of this pointless bickering... city advanced.. i'm happy today*

*that and it's pay day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

I said if Longford don't progress past this Welsh team that they shouldn't be allowed play in Europe for a long time no matter if they meet the general qualification standards and I stand by that . I would actually find it appropriate to fine them for the disgrace they have caused to the league .

They drew possibly the weakest team in any of the European competitions this year (besides themselves of course :rolleyes: ) and lost 5 ****ing 1 .

As for Cork , job done as far as im concerned . Yes they probably should have won again but at least they have gone through .

ccfc were hardly composed. it sounded like a desperate reguard action at the back. I personally just think that they werent really mentally up for it.

of course i want all the clubs to do well. I was really pissed off with longford though. they are such a joke. I wish they wouldnt bother giving the extra european place to the cup. a 3rd position team in the league would be better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

City play Djurgardens of Sweden away on August 11th with the return leg August 25th at the Cross. Djurgardens are currently top of the Swedish league.

Tough draw, but we beat Swedish opposition last year, so why not again!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭treefingers

Slash/ED wrote:
    While I didn't see the City game, I saw the line up and so can imagine how it went.

It is typical of brainless spineless LOI managamenet. We're scared of our own f*cking shadows in Europe. He left out Fenn and seemed to go 4-5-1 in a what we have we hold type arragement. Why!?

don't think this is fair tbh. richardson doesn't like changing a winning team. the exact same team went out (and won) against drogheda and bottom of the table rovers in the two games before this one....

• Advertisement
Advertisement