Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Query on Aligning text in Word

• 28-07-2005 3:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭

This is probably simple, but I can't easily see how to do it.

I have an equation that I want to place in a Word document (via Insert Object) and that will be centred. I want to label the equation with a number, on the same line, which I want to be aligned right.

How can you have two differently aligned objects/texts on the one line?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Create a table with three columns, remove the borders, align the middle column to center and the right-hand column to right? You may need to size the cells, but I doubt it.

adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

actually found out how to do it. Relatively easy after all. Switch to print layout view, then on a new line, move the I-beam move you see the align left symbol, double click and type, then move the I-beam along the same line until the icon changes to one of the other alignments, double click again and type. repeat ad nauseum

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Or you could do it that way. :)

Advertisement