Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New ICE credit card?

Options
  • 28-07-2005 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭

Anyone seen the new ICE credit card on offer from
    Permanent TSB? Only 9.9% APR, thats a lot less than
    the likes of AIB, BOI and MBNA are charging for their
    cards.

http://www.permanenttsb.ie/personal_banking/visa_card.asp

Also only 2.6% on balance transfers - I am sorely tempted to
    get one and reduce my interest on existing card
    balance (quite large at most recent viewing).

Only drawback is the 30K qualifying salary!

:):):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

I got one. They give you a higher limit for tranferring balances than other providers. The rate is excellent. Plus, if you bank with them, your balance comes up on your Internet banking accounts automatically. Quite handy.

Fast application. And the service has been excellenc to date.

I'd recommend it and I've tried MBNA, Tesco and Ulster Bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 ziggy sawdust

u might be interested in the fact that the qualifying income has now come down to 25k

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

starman100 wrote:
    Anyone seen the new ICE credit card on offer from
    Permanent TSB? Only 9.9% APR, thats a lot less than
    the likes of AIB, BOI and MBNA are charging for their
    cards.
    Also only 2.6% on balance transfers - I am sorely tempted to
    get one and reduce my interest on existing card
    balance (quite large at most recent viewing).
    Yeah I got offered this card when i joined Ptsb,
    but I refused on the basis that I prefer my MBNA card
    https://wwwa.applyonlinenow.com/IRapp/Ctl/redirect?CV_sourceCode=pigsbkgd_cards&CV_banner=MBI-HP-34918-36254

I'm one of those who sets up a direct debit to pay off my crdit card bill every month, I have never had to pay interest in over 15 years using credit cards! :)
    If I think I will not have enough in my bank,like after my holidays, :( I go into the credit union and get a cheap loan, and then deposit that in my credit card account! :)
    APR rates of 9.9% is still criminal, extortion I'd call it. The fact that the other cards charge even more is sickening, especially when you consider that they probably bundle all their credit card debt together in addiiton to some mortgage repayments, and securtize it, and sell this security/bond into the market. So the interest you pay is going straight into some investors pocket. you'd think that investor would be happy with 6% at a time when the ECB rate is 2%.

Advertisement