Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice on an mp3 player

• 28-07-2005 3:27pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok here's the problem/issue:

Friend of mine wants an mp3 player - 20G or preferably 40/60G.

must have good sound

must be plug and play or with minimal software usage
    (ie like an iRiver where you can attach it to any PC and import songs (best), not like a sony one where everything must be converted and moved across(worst) something in the middle maybe??)

must be reasonbly small and pretty (she's a girl)

not really interested in playing movies/showing pics so please don't start screaming iRiver 3xx at me - thanks,

Basically she wants a prettier iRiver h120/h140...

thanks guys!

t

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Basically she wants a prettier iRiver h120/h140...

The iRiver h140 is pretty. If she doesnt like its looks, she could bite the bullet and get all the fuctionality you mentioned and more and buy one anyway.
    It beats the socks off every other player out there.

She could jump on the tired old bandwagon and buy an iPod for looks. But then she would be the proud owner of a limited mp3 player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

maybe the creative zen? HERE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

i think for what you want,

you need to get either

an iriver h3*0
    an iriver h1*0
    or an iAudio X**

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Creative is bigger than an ipod or iriver. Has she actually seen and held an iriver, or are you just following the iriver looks crap, ipods look great routine. I know plenty of ipod owners who think irivers look better, cos it is shiny and black, I think people are getting sick of looking at ipods since they are everywhere now. As I have said before, I couldnt give a shlte if there was a photo of eamon dunphy in the raw on my mp3 player, as long as the sound was good.

the newer sonys do not need that transforming of files.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

i have an iRiver, so yes she's seen it, which of the newer sony's don't have the poxy ATRAC software, two of my mates bought ones that have it and i presumed they were the newest models...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

In fairness I think the Zen Touch probably fits your description best. Kinda falls in the middle between an iPoo and an iRiver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

I got the iPod. Don't get the iPod. I didn't get the Zen. Get the Zen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭Alkers

http://uk.europe.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=213&subcategory=214&product=13599 - this looks pretty good anyway. There is also the 40Gb touch if she needs a bigger HDD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭derek27

i bought the thompson mini jukebox from argos over a year ago. its spot on. still haven't had a problem with it. 20GB. cost me €399 at argos. could have reduced in price some now though due to advancing technology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

Why not the Zen Micro Photo?, adorn it with a picture of you and then you are both happy :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

4Xcut wrote:
    I got the iPod. Don't get the iPod. I didn't get the Zen. Get the Zen
    Its all there :D

Advertisement