Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raising door hinges

• 28-07-2005 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Anyone know where I can get these (door raises as it opens) hinges for external aluminium doors? Preferably, in Sandyford/Stillorgan. Tried Chadwicks and Brooks but (Brooks) only have them for wooden doors. Brooks suggested Munster joinery but they are a bit out of my way.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭tapest

JimmyL wrote:
    Anyone know where I can get these (door raises as it opens) hinges for external aluminium doors? Preferably, in Sandyford/Stillorgan. Tried Chadwicks and Brooks but (Brooks) only have them for wooden doors. Brooks suggested Munster joinery but they are a bit out of my way.

Thanks.

Shop used to be called "modern veneer co" ..name changed, same location. Directly opposite "Dodds" paint shop , top of Mary's St, junction with Capel St.
    Take hinge measurements and photo if possible. They'll let you browse catalogues if they haven't got it in stock. Very good for those "odd" bits
    t

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭JimmyL

tapest, thanks for the pointer - will be very handy.

Actually, I am going with plan B - just going to reposition the hinges. There is just enough clearance.

Advertisement