Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

picclo fun-help

Options
  • 28-07-2005 5:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hello after flying fixed wing for 2 years this christmas i decided to buy a fun picclo. There has been numerous problems and it is very problematic now the tail rotor has packed up and the pico board is not working . My question is (1) is this tippical of this product and (2) were can you get a pico board fixed.
    By the way I am looking for a flying club in cork if any one can provide me with any info it would be greatly appricated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

There is a big club in Cork, but their site's down at the moment. I know the people in the model shop there are involved with it but I looked here and was unable to find an address for the shop! If you know where it is my advice would be to call in there.

I'm afraid I can't help you with the piccolo problem but I'm sure someone else can offer some wisdom...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

i have one as well as a raptor 60 and a moskito which i fly no probs, the picollo has never been right, and i found it rubbish tbh. and the tail motor packing up is normal tbh. i have seen them fly beutifully by factory sponsered people and i dont know how they do it. i think the game has moved on with indoor electrics and there are better products available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭greg-h

the shop in question is noel barrets he has a reputetation of bein a tad hot headed and his prices are excesive e 20 for epoxy resen there are three clucs and I have all relitave info for the cmac but i am looking for another club

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

greg-h wrote:
    ...decided to buy a fun picclo. There has been numerous problems
    What sort of problems? If u let us know we might be able to help.... :D Also..Where did u buy it? Cos your seller should be able to advise & sort out teething problems (assuming u bought it from a decent hobby shop of course).
    greg-h wrote:
    is this tippical of this product
    No, motherboard failure is not typical, (esp. among electric fliers) but picoboard failure is also not rare among new-to-electric fliers . Generally an electric-savvy seller tells u how to avoid it. It's a bit like the new lipo cells - 100% of non e-flyers break theirs, but with experienced e-flyers the breakage is maybe 10% or less, and usually by wear & tear.
    greg-h wrote:
    were can you get a pico board fixed.
    I have not heard of fixing one. Possibly if you are personally into electronics maybe... Can't see how it would be worth the hassle. We live in the replace-it age now ;) That's what u do with helis, buy new parts until you don't crash anymore.
    greg-h wrote:
    ....the tail rotor has packed up
    Green Hobby & Model in Dublin keep parts for the Twister heli (which is very similar) in-stock . I guess most of those bits fit a Piccolo. If not, they have ordered Eco heli bits in the past on request as a service for customers even tho they don't like/sell the Piccolo in particular....
    greg-h wrote:
    I am looking for a flying club in cork if any one can provide me with any info it would be greatly appricated.
    I know that there are at least 3 different Cork based model flying clubs. But not all will be prepared to accept new members. Have u tried asking at the LHS... Noel Barett Models in Washington Street (I think?) A LHS is where u should normally get that kind of info.
    Hope this helps u get sorted out ! :)

Yes thank you much appricated I was a member of the cmac but as I am under 18 I had no car I bought it from model heli services and all i can say after buying from him once I will not buy model products(except for every day bits) from any one else he is so helpful and he does not over charge
    I am luckey as I live in the country I have plenty of fields to fly in. Although I could still do with a few lessons to fine tune my flight. There is a problem on geting info from noel as he will only talk about his own club and no one elses thank you for the help

• Advertisement

liam broderick is very helpful but hes a bit far out for most in clare. for everyones info the piccolo eats tail motors, and although pico board failure is rare, its not unheard of, unless in warantee (ie less than a year old) u may have to buy another one. can i ask though what on the picoboard doesnt work? will it not poer on or is it only the gyro or speed controllers?

http://www.pgoelz.com/piccolo_piccoboard_repair.html
    http://www.runryder.com/helicopter/t90536p1/

Ya he is a bit out that is why I use mail order there is no power going to the tail rotor ant the main motor is not at full power. I know nothing about helies I dont even know what the servos do

it may only be the tail motor thats gone? use a volt meter to check the output as u increase throttle, as far as the main motor not reaching full power my advice is adjust your end points in your radio ie increase to 100%
    servos move the flying surfaces so u can control the machine.

no it is the board tried in with a volt a meter already changed two tail rotor motors I know what the servos do on a plane what i ment was I did not know what the do on the picclo

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭syl77

Hi, I have had my piccolo eco also for some time now, and have found most of the spare parts I need on ebay. You should also be able to pick up a piccolo board there also.
    Also, have you a head locking module attach to the board, if so, try the board without it to see if you get power to tail motor.

If you don't have a head locking module, i suggest getting one, it will help you with your flying.

I also found this site very good for parts.
    http://www.modelhelicopters.co.uk/acatalog/m_index.htm

• Advertisement

Thanks guys for the help I will try to pick up a new picoboard#

greg-h surport crcc

Advertisement