Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mixer shower

Options
  • 28-07-2005 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭

I have a Gohre (sp?) mixer shower set (shower head, rail and valve) but I don't know how to use it - I got it as a gift (I wouldn't but it myself - too expensive) - the instruction leaflet says this needs a high pressure setup - something like 1.5 bar or 2 bar pump? Anyone know how to go about this?

thanks a mil,

mp.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

the usual setup i've seen for these mixers as against power showers (mixer with pump)
    is a pump in the hot press or somewhere .the pump comes with a pressure switch built in so it turns on automatically when you open the valve at your mixer ,these pumps are expensive i've also known plumbers to fit a regular pump and a manual pull-cord switch inside the bathroom -not sure if this is recommended though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭positron

cheers, that makes sense. Sounds like I should get a refund! I am defo not loaded enough for expensive pumps and stuff, was only looking for a basic power shower!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Lads

Have to actually go and get ours tomorrow, we have a pressurised system in the house so anyone recommend a shower unit for us?? WHat to look out for etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

mixers or power showers are good when you've plenty of hot water- less maintenance and a better shower than pumped electrics .also you're resctricted to one electric shower running off a standard electric supply so for a big house with 5 or 6 showers you usually gotta fit mixers of some sort unless you want to fit controllers that limit the number of electric showers in use simultaneously or get a 3 phase supply

Advertisement