Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Why some people shouldnt be allowed own BMWs

Options
  • 28-07-2005 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,057 ✭✭✭✭

This made me so sad, in stillorgan today waitin on girlfriend who had popped into the shop when i eyed this monstrosity before me, picture doesnt do it justice but it was a grey 328i (apparently) with the oblig M3 badge (badly faded) tinted windows, 17" fake m3 rims, a triple :eek: exhaust and those horrible rear lamp clusters

good god

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

And that's a nice looking car to begin with, that person is a fool. What are the odds of them being a boards member?

On a seperate note what price was the Texaco there at today?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,057 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

didnt even look my eyes hurt too much!

thats what killed me left totallt std thats a nice car, how could u do that to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

The owner probably wouldn't appreciate his license plate being posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

hmm, thats not nice. Triple exhaust is such a bad idea, what ever made him do that. Them lexus lights look cheap imo. Badly modified

• Registered Users Posts: 20,057 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

sorry fixed second pic didnt mean to post reg :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

He probably thinks it looks cool, and if you want Lexus lights, buy a Lexus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Cyrus wrote:
    sorry fixed second pic didnt mean to post reg :(
    Its OK, its not mine.
    Mine's several years older, with a considerably smaller engine and not a BMW.

But otherwise similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

yeah that guy is a idiot as thats a lovely car.i wouldnot mind having one:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

am i the only one who doesn't think it looks that bad?

maybe i can't see everything in the picture....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

Fake as in plastic, or aftermarket copies?. No issue with Aftermarket replicas.
    You mean they are Lexus lights patched in there, or aftermarket "Lexus style". No problem with that light style, aftermarket sourced, they appear on everything with wheels these days.

triple exhaust, that a new one one me, well I guess it's like the 3 cup bra, for the girl with a little (big) bit extra.

The "M" tag. If I owned an "M" in ROI, I'd remove it and replace it with the extreme opposite tag.

next time open the window to take the photo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

TWAT! Another one similar to that one was right up my arse tonight on my way home from work, pulled out in front of him in a 30km/h zone he was doing about 60, cue blowing of horn + flashing of lights. Any Beemer drivers who have cars like that are scum, I used to like the 3 series but because of twats like this I hate them now!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Oh good god.
    I assumed it'd be a picture of an E36, but christ, an E46, what a waste!!

The only possible justification for doing that to an E46 is that it came from a scrap yard crash repairable or something like that. Surely someone wouldn't take a perfectly good example of one and tack it like that?? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭astec123

Surely this guy just baught a low price 3 series and added the badge. Or else he is nuts, merc, and bemers are not toy cars they are for big boys, not modders. End of story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭PlayaFlow

"why some people shouldnt be allowed own BMW's"

...yeah only tall blonde blue eyed men should own them (sarcasm).

its his ****** car , he payed his money for it not urs, if your eyes hurt then lookaway. he probably likes the way it looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Cyrus wrote:
    This made me so sad, in stillorgan today waitin on girlfriend who had popped into the shop when i eyed this monstrosity before me, picture doesnt do it justice but it was a grey 328i (apparently) with the oblig M3 badge (badly faded) tinted windows, 17" fake m3 rims, a triple :eek: exhaust and those horrible rear lamp clusters

good god

Probably a rebadged 316i, 328i/M3 badge €40 each from BMW stealer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭vms7ply9t6dw4b

Freaky... this was on another car website earlier in the week!
    This was in my mates next door neighbour garden today!
    Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:17 pm
    Whoever owns this should be named and shamed!!!!

Tacky triple exhaust, M Tech badge in wrong place and 328 badge on it! In fact, whoever put that exhaust on should be shot!!! Its a 4 door saloon too, not even a coupe. The wheels are too wide and stick out of the arches like the A-Team van!!!

260720050011.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭astec123

Err you realise that is the same car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Im off to check out the Reg owner of that car! LOL! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

AMurphy wrote:
    The "M" tag. If I owned an "M" in ROI, I'd remove it and replace it with the extreme opposite tag

Bravo! "M" should not be on anything but "M" and even so, I'd probably remove the badge

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭skibum

Gurgle wrote:
    The owner probably wouldn't appreciate his license plate being posted.
    Why not? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

lol, gotta love those exhausts.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

As someone who doesn't have a clue about cars in general and I don't know my M's from my E's or whatever you're all talking about, I think it looks nice. I wouldn't know whats modded and what's not on it but overall, I think it looks very nice. Is there a picture of the way it's supposed to be anywhere? Maybe I'm just comparing it to my Micra but I think it looks nice. And I'd choose it any day over my Micra!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭daithi

best remove that reg off the pic.
    Triple, exhaust, how ridiculous can you get, Check the motor tax to see what the actual engine size is......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭skibum

daithi wrote:
    best remove that reg off the pic
    It's still killing me...why? What difference does it make? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭daithi

Im not entirely sure really, maybe someone will enlighten us, It is an identifying mark, a bit like posting someone PPSN number etc i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

"Why some people shouldnt be allowed own BMWs"

- You see that title kind of assumes that there is still something special about BMWs.
    Is it that BMWs are 'upmarket', 'classy', 'exclusive', 'rare'?
    Perhaps they were 10 years ago but not any more, it's too late the damage is done.

Nowadays, BMWs are as common as muck - and imho so are many of the recent owners.
    Hoardes of slaves to the marketing image trying to buy some 'class' - but they've simply devalued the marque.

causal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

skibum wrote:

I agree, If you are prepared to appear nude on the beach, why should you object to someone posting it (ie your overweight image, fallen boobs) in the Daily Immor, rag or the WWW.

maybe the difference is in, "here is an idiot I observed" vs " here is a car I observed".
    OK. so lets preclude each observance with a generic non biased observation, as in " among my daily observations" or some nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

causal wrote:
    "Why some people shouldnt be allowed own BMWs"

- You see that title kind of assumes that there is still something special about BMWs.
    Is it that BMWs are 'upmarket', 'classy', 'exclusive', 'rare'?
    Perhaps they were 10 years ago but not any more, it's too late the damage is done.

I couldn't agree more. The reason this gets up people's noses, particularly BMW owner's noses, is that this guy has attempted to make his car stand out because the 3-series doesn't anymore. I believe more 3-series were sold than Mondeos in the UK last year. This somewhat erodes the superiority complex that 3-series, Golf and Mercedes drivers seem to have about their cars (big generalisation, I know). Strange that Audi drivers rarely seem to exhibit this, or is it just that their cars are too dull?

I have seen a lot poorer mods than this. e.g. the 6-exhaust Saxo. This BMW might have a straight 6 in there, which is at least divisible by 3 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Talk about tacky!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

skibum wrote:

psycho’s could get his address and storm his house and start a compaign of anti bmw/lexus conversion...

Advertisement