Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheap makeup brushes

• 28-07-2005 8:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for cheap, professional quality makeup brushes for a friend's birthday- those similar in quality to MAC brushes- I use them and she loves mine but can't afford to buy her a lot of those, a foundation brush is E40! Anyone know any good quality cheap brushes, especially powder and eyeshadow ones? Thank y'all!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Well to be honest, MAC make-up brushes are that price because of their quality. But if you know anyone going thru the Airport you can get them there for 20% cheaper. The foundation brush is 34euro and eyeshadow brushes start at around 14euro, I think. Big powder brush is 41 as opposed to 50 in Brown Thomas or Dundrum.

You could try Make-up Forever in Roches or some of the other brands in their like Art Deco. I know Armani, Lancome, Stila etc all do brushes but I'd say they are around the same price. Don't go near Clinique brushes as they aren't very good quality.

Also maybe try on the net and you may get something cheaper there. Charles Fox and Screenface are other professional make-up brands that you can only get on-line or in London.

Maybe you could book her in for a make-over in MAC? Don't know how much it costs but it will be redeemable against purchases, so she could get her face done up and buy the brush(es) aswell!!

Advertisement