Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win89 slows to a crawl after logon

• 18-03-1999 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

After entering username and password, the
    desktop comes up and as my systray icons are
    loaded (icq etc) the thing slows to a crawl:
    caps lock doesn't respond, ctrl+alt+del is
    no good....
    I wait for 4 minutes or so and then the hd
    jumps back into life and everything finishes
    fine. Wierd. This is what I've done:
    Removed all the programs from startup and
    regedited them from Runonce in the registry
    Reinstalled ms networking
    Reinstalled Windows 98

thing is it works fine if I remove client for
    ms networks....I can get past the log on
    screen no problem...I just cant figure it
    out...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

dunno bout that
    but win98 seems to be really f@cked up to me
    my ma got a brand new dell 333 in work yesterday and i was in settin it up..
    when its startin 98.. (the logo sh!t) it just stops.. no HD access at all and then 30 seconds later the thing pops up with the log in screen.. weird.
    only seemed to happen AFTER i switched from MS Network logon to the Windows Logon sorta the same problem .. mite try deletin the network software (and nick the 100Mps card at the same time ) cos it could be the network drivers loadin thats takin its time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

On the systems I use there's usually no problems with any Networking Software... unless I'm connected to a ****-slow Network or the devices that should be installed are installed uncorrectly, maybe conflicting etc.

You may want to check your Network Card if you have one, if you don't you don't really need MS Networking Client like.

If you do then it gets a little complicated. You should probably try ringing the appropriate Tech Support, or if that fails you could mail me and I'll see what I can do.

Kegs. (trick@indigo.ie)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Kaile

You should contact this company I deal with, thay work for a bargin price smile.gif and do top, top work smile.gif. I have no complaints whatsoever about them wink.gif.

phone 4971989

yours

vagga

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement